Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Did anybody know that Duvall has type 1 diabetes and plays with an insulin pump in his back pocket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I didnít know that. The good news is you have to be very well controlled for the doctors to put you on the pump. So heís doing a very good job keeping it in check.

portsTalkATL.com

@SportsTalkATL
    Draft picks mean more to the Braves without being able to participate in the international pool due to restrictions. In other news they are monitoring the market for Keuchel
    Jon Morosi

@jonmorosi
    Dallas Keuchel faced hitters and threw 80 pitches on Wednesday; Scott Boras said the free agent lefty is following the Kyle Lohse schedule, circa 2013. #Braves are monitoring market but wary of giving up a draft pick. Story: https://www.

Kinda what Iíve been saying all off season.

Now If Dallas wants to come on a sweetheart deal without trade protection, then you consider signing him and giving up the pick, as you can recoup later.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    portsTalkATL.com

@SportsTalkATL
    Draft picks mean more to the Braves without being able to participate in the international pool due to restrictions. In other news they are monitoring the market for Keuchel
    Jon Morosi

@jonmorosi
    Dallas Keuchel faced hitters and threw 80 pitches on Wednesday; Scott Boras said the free agent lefty is following the Kyle Lohse schedule, circa 2013. #Braves are monitoring market but wary of giving up a draft pick. Story: https://www.

Kinda what Iíve been saying all off season.

Now If Dallas wants to come on a sweetheart deal without trade protection, then you consider signing him and giving up the pick, as you can recoup later.
    The Braves wouldn't be able to offer Keuchel a QO since he has already received one from the Astros.

If the Braves were to sign one of Keuchel or Kimbrel I would much rather it be Kimbrel. We have plenty of internal talent to fill holes in the rotation. Our bullpen scares me.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Today's lineup:

Albies
    Donaldson
    Freeman
    Acuna
    Markakis
    McCann
    Inciarte
    Swanson
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Today's lineup:

Albies
    Donaldson
    Freeman
    Acuna
    Markakis
    McCann
    Inciarte
    Swanson
    Albies is a risk at the top of the order. But there is no denying that he was a huge catalyst last year when he hit well. I think it is worth a try.

I wouldnít mind a lineup of

Markakis
    Acuna
    Freeman
    Donaldson
    Albies
    Catcher
    Inciarte
    Swanson

Marky is great at getting on base. He could set the table for the big bats on a regular basis. He also hits a lot of 2Bs, which helps negate his lack of speed.

Marky gets on base a lot, but that is like putting the trailer in front of your truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalemurphy44 View Post
    Marky gets on base a lot, but that is like putting the trailer in front of your truck.
    Absolutely
    But itís the same putting Freeman and or Donaldson in front of Acuna.

At the end of the day I believe the lineup should figure itself out. Iím sure Snit will tinker with the lineup until he finds something that works. Albies developing into a consistent hitter will be the key IMO.

2018 Vikings Draft :

Absolutely
    But itís the same putting Freeman and or Donaldson in front of Acuna.
    Exactly. Acuna behind Donaldson and Freeman is even worse than behind Markakis.

I have never been a fan of Acuna batting leadoff. He has too much run producing potential to bat with the 8/9 spots (or no one). I would rather Acuna be doing damage with people on base regularly.

And since we have been talking about the pros/cons to the DH, I actually think this is one of them. AL lineups are regularly putting a really good hitter first (ie - Betts, Springer). They can do this because they have an extra good bat in their lineup due to the DH. If JD Martinez was not in the lineup, could Betts bat 1st? And if JD went to LF, that takes Bradley & Catcher out of the 8/9 holes (bc the Pitcher would be in the 9 hole), which creates extra opportunities for Betts to produce runs. I think top hitters batting in the #1 hole is a lineup best suited for AL clubs. Obviously you want a good hitter in the 1-hole, but probably not your best or second best run producer.

At the end of the day I believe the lineup should figure itself out. Iím sure Snit will tinker with the lineup until he finds something that works. Albies developing into a consistent hitter will be the key IMO.

I agree to a point..... but it seems from everything Iíve read they have already penciled Donaldson and Freeman in 2 and 3 and to me thatís just stupid on so many levels and thatís not even considering his speed.

Acuna was a better hitter than Freeman or Donaldson last year. So youíre giving him less ABís, when he has performed better in the recent past.

Heís the younger player! Would you rather have protection behind the younger player? Or the older more experienced player?

Those are BIG without even considering the speed factors.....

Another good start for Wright against a Red Sox team full of regulars, the only walk he commited was to JD and it was a 3-2 fastball on the outside corner that could've gone either way. He looks great out there, I truly believe that he's our number one prospect right now. No doubt about it.

I agree to a point..... but it seems from everything Iíve read they have already penciled Donaldson and Freeman in 2 and 3 and to me thatís just stupid on so many levels and thatís not even considering his speed.

Acuna was a better hitter than Freeman or Donaldson last year. So youíre giving him less ABís, when he has performed better in the recent past.

Heís the younger player! Would you rather have protection behind the younger player? Or the older more experienced player?

Those are BIG without even considering the speed factors.....
    How would you feel about this:

Acuna
    Donaldson
    Freeman
    Albies
    Markakis
    McCann/Flowers
    Inciarte
    Swanson

IMO, this would be the best lineup. If Albies can become consistent he would be perfect hitting clean up. The top 3 will provide plenty of RBI opportunities and his ability to drive the ball is perfect there. Again, depends on his progression. If we get first half 2018 Albies consistently heíll drive in A LOT of runs behind those 3.

2018 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Another good start for Wright against a Red Sox team full of regulars, the only walk he commited was to JD and it was a 3-2 fastball on the outside corner that could've gone either way. He looks great out there, I truly believe that he's our number one prospect right now. No doubt about it.
    Didnít see the start but read he rebounded after some first inning struggles. His stat line looked good against the Sox.

2018 Vikings Draft :

Didnít see the start but read he rebounded after some first inning struggles. His stat line looked good against the Sox.

Yeah, I have to say, I started watching in the second inning and he was in control the three innings I saw. I'm not sure about Touki but we have a bright future with Wright, Soroka and Wilson.

How would you feel about this:

Acuna
    Donaldson
    Freeman
    Albies
    Markakis
    McCann/Flowers
    Inciarte
    Swanson

IMO, this would be the best lineup. If Albies can become consistent he would be perfect hitting clean up. The top 3 will provide plenty of RBI opportunities and his ability to drive the ball is perfect there. Again, depends on his progression. If we get first half 2018 Albies consistently heíll drive in A LOT of runs behind those 3.

I have wonder if Ozzie can become a right handed hitter full time? Is still too early I know, but he crushes lefties and maybe that's not the reason, maybe he's just better from the right side.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast