Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 113 1231151101 ... LastLast

2019/20 FA/Trades/Cuts/ FO discussion

Long overdue.

I'm not expecting much and that's a great position to be in. Wonder if we make a somewhat surprising splash.

I have no idea who it might be or what avenue, but I do feel the bears are going to make a surprising splash somewhere. Whether a trade up in the draft, free agency, or trade for a player.

I think there's a chance they make a play for a top safety (Collins, Mathieu, Thomas) if they let Amos hit the market.

Otherwise not expecting much. Hopefully Callahan doesn't have a big market due to his injury history.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 02-20-2019 at 08:07 PM.

I wonder what the market is gonna be for Ziggy due to his injury history. What's Preston Smith's market? I'd rather pay another edge rusher then Amos.

Hell, I'd love Clay Matthews on a short deal.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I think that pace makes some sort of splash too. My bets are on Leveon or Brown. I just think we try and get that one more playamker to make the offense go to great.

Somebody i also might be interested in is Tarell Suggs

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    puke

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Id take him on a 1 or 2 year deal. Opposite of Mack, he could really do some damage with Floyd.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I think that pace makes some sort of splash too. My bets are on Leveon or Brown. I just think we try and get that one more playamker to make the offense go to great.

Somebody i also might be interested in is Tarell Suggs
    Im expecting Pace to make a move and go all in. He knows we have a two year window right now. Wouldnt be surprised to see him do something like that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Im expecting Pace to make a move and go all in. He knows we have a two year window right now. Wouldnt be surprised to see him do something like that at all.

I agree. It just comes down to whether you keep thr defense elite (trying to retain or replace Amos and Callahan) or make the offense better... Cause we just dont have the ability to do both

It would be nice if we could find a Brandon Cooks rental like the patriots did when he was cheap.

-Rem Koolhaas

Leveon in this offense

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I agree. It just comes down to whether you keep thr defense elite (trying to retain or replace Amos and Callahan) or make the offense better... Cause we just dont have the ability to do both

It would be nice if we could find a Brandon Cooks rental like the patriots did when he was cheap.
    If im Pace i think the play is to make the offense better. The defense should be top 5 with our front 7. We should be able to hide some deficiencies in the secondary (barring injury) if we let Amos and Callahan walk.

I know alot of people dont like Deon Bush...... But I think he can be a solid player to replace Amos. NO...... he didnt seem good when you talk about replacing Jackson..... But honestly Jackson was so good this last year I am not sure any S in the league looks good in comparison. Jackson quetly had a season worthy of DPOY caliber. The reason it was not noticed is Mack got alot of atention. and also Donnald was also really good.

there was no way to be happy with him replacing Jackson. But i dont know if the drop from him to amos is that much. I would also bring in somebody to compete (obviously) But I dont know if its that bad. However I do really hate loosing Amos for nothing. He is a really good player.

The only other issue though is that there is a total lack of offensive talent available in Free agency. Behind Leveon (who has some question marks sitting a year). Telvin Coleman and Mark Ingram are major drop offs IMO. and WRs are about as thin as they come. When Golden Tate likely highlights the clase you know its iffy.

Thats why i wonder if you dont splash on Brown. I wonder if you can get it done for a 2nd (next year) + Gabriel..... Maybe include Kwitkowski.

Brown may also need to be traded after this season.... but this seems like the perfect chance to make a splash play for a guy in the time to make a run.

-Rem Koolhaas

No way I could root for clay

Suggs would be awesome though

Page 1 of 113 1231151101 ... LastLast