Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113
Results 1,681 to 1,694 of 1694
    Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    At what point does Nagy and the Bears front office consider letting Helfrich call plays? Nagy doesn't seem to be able to get the offense into any sort of rhythm, he really doesn't even have much experience as a play caller. He does a great job getting belief from the team, much like Lovie, but offensive play calling is atrocious.

I don't know how much to attribute it to the receivers not getting open, and Mitch seemingly not understanding how to make reads. I do know that Helfrich has more experience play calling, albeit in college, and he was very successful.

I hope Mason Rudolph is good and the Steelers cut Big Ben. Might be able to squeeze a year or 2 out of him before our window closes. Eat that $25 million of dead money Pittsburg.
    Couple of off games, he won coach of the year for a reason last year- it wasn't just the defense. The offense made a huge leap.

He's handcuffed right now but he needs to adjust and call the game according to Mitch's strengths.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 09-17-2019 at 05:01 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Couple of off games, he won coach of the year for a reason last year- it wasn't just the defense. The offense made a huge leap.

He's handcuffed right now but he needs to adjust and call the game according to Mitch's strengths.

Completely disagree. If Nagy isn’t calling plays by the end of the year I think it’s because things are going horribly wrong. I don’t think it’d happen unless we were eliminated.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Idk. I seem to remember in pre season Nagy ley Mark and even either Ragone or Furrey call plays. I seem to remember those games also felt ballanced. I just wonder if it would not improve. It just felt like these last two games he lost it and made things predictable. Against GB u gave up on the run and played like u were down 20. Against the Broncos u played the whole game like u were chewing clock. Idk.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

https://twitter.com/chisportupdates/...838972928?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    https://twitter.com/chisportupdates/...838972928?s=21

I am fine with Lynch but behind him why not.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

https://twitter.com/jennalaineespn/s...701167617?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

Wait - so you acknowledge that the offense made a “huge leap” last year, but you are a Trubisky dooms-dayer?? How does that work? I mean, he has to be at least serviceable to lead an offense to that type of improvement, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never liked the HC being a play caller. Not on any team. This was my big concern about Nagy when he was hired. I would prefer he manage the game and the team, not call plays.

Also, if it is true that the league is catching up (or has caught up) to what Nagy is doing, a switch would be good. It would give defenses new wrinkles to consider at the minimum.

This offense has struggled at the end of last season and the start of this season. Most of that blame has fallen on Mitch, but maybe Nagy should be taking more heat. It seems like “Nagy had a poor game plan” is becoming a common sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I am fine with Lynch but behind him why not.
    Lynch has been surprising noticeable this year. Nice surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I have never liked the HC being a play caller. Not on any team. This was my big concern about Nagy when he was hired. I would prefer he manage the game and the team, not call plays.

Also, if it is true that the league is catching up (or has caught up) to what Nagy is doing, a switch would be good. It would give defenses new wrinkles to consider at the minimum.

This offense has struggled at the end of last season and the start of this season. Most of that blame has fallen on Mitch, but maybe Nagy should be taking more heat. It seems like “Nagy had a poor game plan” is becoming a common sentiment.

The problem is everyone deserves blame. Nagy, OL, Mitch, receivers. Hard to tell how much is on Nagy but there’s definitely a problem. If it continues, why not give helfrich a chance? Similarly to how Reid let Nagy take over play calling when they were struggling a couple of years ago. Made a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    The problem is everyone deserves blame. Nagy, OL, Mitch, receivers. Hard to tell how much is on Nagy but there’s definitely a problem. If it continues, why not give helfrich a chance? Similarly to how Reid let Nagy take over play calling when they were struggling a couple of years ago. Made a difference.
    Agree 100%. There is plenty of blame (and obvious cause for it) it all levels.

Helfrich ran a prolific offense at Oregon and probably has some wrinkles he could add from Nagy that adapt well to that NFL game. I wouldn’t hate giving him a chance if the timing was right.

https://twitter.com/nfl/status/1174412770131030016?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    https://twitter.com/nfl/status/1174412770131030016?s=21

Password is taco Charlton was a fantasy team name of mine his rookie season lol.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.