Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 121 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2339
    Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    Anyway....for the reason I clicked this thread....and before seeing everyone on the ledge ready to jump...

There's an idea floating around about trading Gabriel for C.J. Beathard.

That could be interesting....
    I wouldn't care about parting with a 7th round pick but this just feels completely pointless to me. Truly does no good.

You wanna trade actual, real major draft capital for Ryan or to a lesser extent Rivers? Sign me right the **** up. But there's no point in dicking around with Beathards and Daltons and Elis and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    I wouldn't care about parting with a 7th round pick but this just feels completely pointless to me. Truly does no good.

You wanna trade actual, real major draft capital for Ryan or to a lesser extent Rivers? Sign me right the **** up. But there's no point in dicking around with Beathards and Daltons and Elis and the like.
    This. Either swing for the fenses or save your picks for a draft day QB.
    Broncos be like:

Nagy has 3.5 years left. Pace has 2.5 years left. They’d be eating $25 million to let go of both. Let’s not be ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    This has become more than a bad season. This has exposed some deep-root problems that were masked up due to the Euphoria of a surprise 12-win season.

I don't think this team is a bad as the 2001 team, we are much better, especially in terms of of offensive weapons.

We've seen that we have a coach who gets easily butthurt when people criticize his "offensive prowess" and bad game management and A QB who has been rattled to the core and we need to move on from.

I don't think this team is smoke-and-mirrors like the 2001 team, but we have been vastly disappointing. We're aren't getting blown out like the 2002 team, but instead we are losing frustratingly winnable games.
    Some of the deep-rooted problems go away without the slew of injuries, a few questionable calls and a lot less ego on Nagy and several of the player's part. Add into the equation the tougher schedule, the prime time all the time, lots of reasons for this years problems.
    Last year the Bears got almost all the breaks and hardly any injuries … this year it's just the opposite. In order to accurately determine which season was the best representation of the facts we'll need at least three.
    Last edited by Muttman73; 10-29-2019 at 11:33 AM.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Anyway....for the reason I clicked this thread....and before seeing everyone on the ledge ready to jump...

There's an idea floating around about trading Gabriel for C.J. Beathard.

That could be interesting....
    Beathard is not a starter in this league. That move is a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Nagy has 3.5 years left. Pace has 2.5 years left. They’d be eating $25 million to let go of both. Let’s not be ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guessing you took this from Bill Zimmerman's Twitter thread?

Last edited by DamnGoat; 10-29-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Well Ryan has an ankle injury and will be missing his first game ever this week. Who knows to what extent the injury is, a high ankle sprain or what have you. So he's not a realistic trade option at this point.

Rivers has a no trade clause in his contract, so that's not even an option.

Now if we were talking about Bridgewater, that may be a better option for us.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I'll be livid if they bring back Chase Daniel as anything but a coach.
    Oh, so would I.

IMO, they need to sign a guy and turn around and draft a QB.

Well Ryan has an ankle injury and will be missing his first game ever this week. Who knows to what extent the injury is, a high ankle sprain or what have you. So he's not a realistic trade option at this point.

Rivers has a no trade clause in his contract, so that's not even an option.

Now if we were talking about Bridgewater, that may be a better option for us.
    You'd be acquiring Matt Ryan for 4 years not week 9.

Rivers' contract is up. He can very, very plausibly bounce out of California for 2 months to try to win a ring and come right back if he wants. There's also rumblings that the Chargers might be done with him, in which case I'm confident if they came and told him that, he'd have no problem waiving the NTC.

I'm not expecting either of these things to happen. Not in the least. But they're not non-possibilities.

Bridgewater, IMO, is by a mile less likely than either of those. Saints are trying to win a Super Bowl right now, this year. They're not trading a backup QB who went undefeated and kept them jockeying for HFA through January while their 40 year old QB already missed a month to injury. I guarantee you they believe they could win this Super Bowl with Bridgewater if Brees went down a second time.

You'd be acquiring Matt Ryan for 4 years not week 9.

Rivers' contract is up. He can very, very plausibly bounce out of California for 2 months to try to win a ring and come right back if he wants. There's also rumblings that the Chargers might be done with him, in which case I'm confident if they came and told him that, he'd have no problem waiving the NTC.

I'm not expecting either of these things to happen. Not in the least. But they're not non-possibilities.

Bridgewater, IMO, is by a mile less likely than either of those. Saints are trying to win a Super Bowl right now, this year. They're not trading a backup QB who went undefeated and kept them jockeying for HFA through January while their 40 year old QB already missed a month to injury. I guarantee you they believe they could win this Super Bowl with Bridgewater if Brees went down a second time.
    I could buy that the Saints wouldn't want to trade Bridgewater.

River has stated that he didn't want to move away from SoCal. He's got a tribe of kids and doesn't want to move.

Who knows about Ryan...he's had awesome group of WR's and has only got to the SB once and we know how that went. I wouldn't say he'd be a shoe in to get the Bears there. Does he have a better chance than Mitch, possibly. An argument could easily be made that he could.

Really...the options that the Bears have are pretty slim to get a different QB THIS season.

Does he have a better chance than Mitch, possibly.
    I think it's a bit more than possibly.

I know the oline has fallen off so far it seems like a fluke, but feels like it's a bit low on that list

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Eh...honestly, I see it this way:

1. OL
    2. QB
    3. TE
    4. Edge
    5. Corner
    6. Safety
    7. LB

That's assuming that Mitch continues the current projection. If he turns the corner for the rest of the season (he actually seemed to improve from everything that I read that wasn't on this site) and wins, I could see TE swapping with the QB. The Bears TE situation is actually terrible.

If the Oline is weak next season like it has been this season, I don't care if Pace lands Tom Brady in FA, this offense will continue to struggle.