Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 141 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2484
    Quick question, how many of you would just cut Leno outright post June 1? His dead cap according t Spotrac would be 7.5M which amounts to 3.75M spread over 2020/21. His play was an abomination over the past season and I have to think he is among the worst LT's in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan08 View Post
    Quick question, how many of you would just cut Leno outright post June 1? His dead cap according t Spotrac would be 7.5M which amounts to 3.75M spread over 2020/21. His play was an abomination over the past season and I have to think he is among the worst LT's in the NFL.
    Certainly worth considering if they can draft a competent replacement. I would not look to sign a LT though. You're paying a premium for middling guys at that position in FA.

I didn't realize after looking at his contract that there's $8M in savings with that post June 1 cut. His play this season definitely warrants being cut, but it's also risky without knowing who the alternative is.

The tweet regarding Howard suggests to me that Tampa is going to require more than the Bears are willing, or more likely even able, to put on the table.

Njoku's of interest tho. Loved him coming out of Miami but you've got to figure the entire league is looking at him as a great buy-low guy, along with any young piece on the Browns really, figuring they can coach up what Cleveland ran into the ground, as Cleveland does. So again, we probably get outbid.

https://twitter.com/chisportupdates/...138429953?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    The tweet regarding Howard suggests to me that Tampa is going to require more than the Bears are willing, or more likely even able, to put on the table.

Njoku's of interest tho. Loved him coming out of Miami but you've got to figure the entire league is looking at him as a great buy-low guy, along with any young piece on the Browns really, figuring they can coach up what Cleveland ran into the ground, as Cleveland does. So again, we probably get outbid.
    I'd trade Goldman for both.

The more I dive into it, if you're Pace I don't know how you're not on a plane to Cali like, this morning (unless it's too early and still tampering, whatever) to sit down and talk to Rivers.

He almost makes too much sense. You read his presser yesterday and it's clear he has one foot out the door with the Chargers. He so desperately wants to win and there is literally not one team in the league that will be actively looking for a quarterback this offseason that's closer to winning a championship than the Bears. He'd probably be extremely open to a financially reasonable 2 year deal (talked about being on the 16th hole of his career, so read between those very clear lines), cracking the window right back open with this team and affording you the ability to draft/groom your franchise QB when your 1st round stock is replenished next offseason.

Even as bad he was this year, he was still leaps and bounds better than Mitch and he's recovered from seasons essentially the same as this one to post Pro Bowl #'s on more than one occasion. You can even bring in an OC to pair with his pure pocket passer style, you don't have to keep forcing a square peg into a round hole with your own offensive philosophy.

The question is can Pace overcome his own hubris and afford himself this opportunity. Because if Rivers goes to like, idk, Denver - puts up 4500 yards and gets your old DC into a deep playoff run.....goodbye.

TA,

I could get on board with this as well.

The more I dive into it, if you're Pace I don't know how you're not on a plane to Cali like, this morning (unless it's too early and still tampering, whatever) to sit down and talk to Rivers.

He almost makes too much sense. You read his presser yesterday and it's clear he has one foot out the door with the Chargers. He so desperately wants to win and there is literally not one team in the league that will be actively looking for a quarterback this offseason that's closer to winning a championship than the Bears. He'd probably be extremely open to a financially reasonable 2 year deal (talked about being on the 16th hole of his career, so read between those very clear lines), cracking the window right back open with this team and affording you the ability to draft/groom your franchise QB when your 1st round stock is replenished next offseason.

Even as bad he was this year, he was still leaps and bounds better than Mitch and he's recovered from seasons essentially the same as this one to post Pro Bowl #'s on more than one occasion. You can even bring in an OC to pair with his pure pocket passer style, you don't have to keep forcing a square peg into a round hole with your own offensive philosophy.

The question is can Pace overcome his own hubris and afford himself this opportunity. Because if Rivers goes to like, idk, Denver - puts up 4500 yards and gets your old DC into a deep playoff run.....goodbye.
    Rivers in Chicago would be very interesting, and a definite upgrade. Invest in some O line to protect him and find a TE somewhere who can catch the ball.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Nope.

I hope you boys like Marcus Mariota b/c we going to sign him, overpay him and Pace/Nagy will BS us with phony platitudes their NEXT mediocre QB.

Personally, I'd be down with Dalton; Rivers can be good, but there were games where he looked washed.

If Rivers costs us next to nothing, then I'd be on board, but I doubt it since I don't think Pace knows what the world "leverage" means
    Broncos be like:

Pretty sure the rumor around the deadline was TB wanted a 1st for Howard.

I do like him, but if you can get Njoku for less then that obviously makes more sense.

Agreed on the Rivers front. He's my top choice, unless Tannehill hits FA. I just get the sense Pace will give Mitch one more chance.

Tomorrow's press conference will be telling though. Pace and Nagy have talked about being unified in their decision making process since Nagy was hired. I'd have to think/hope he's privately pushing for a better QB.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 12-30-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Completely agree with you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    Nope.

I hope you boys like Marcus Mariota b/c we going to sign him, overpay him and Pace/Nagy will BS us with phony platitudes their NEXT mediocre QB.

Personally, I'd be down with Dalton; Rivers can be good, but there were games where he looked washed.

If Rivers costs us next to nothing, then I'd be on board, but I doubt it since I don't think Pace knows what the world "leverage" means
    I really can't take what you're saying seriously.

Mariota bad, but Dalton good??

They're in the same class, IMO, except Mariota is younger and has experience with our OC.

Mariota would have to be better out of those two.