Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 179 of 404 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229279 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 6051
    There have been significant decrease in production this season in both, offense and defense.

With 1 game to play this season, the defense produced just 16 turnovers compared to 36 last season, which makes it very likely that
    this season the Bears defense will not reach even half of the turnovers from the last year.
    Number of sacks have gone down as well, from 50 last year to just 32 (with one game left)

The offense went from ~340 yds and ~26 pts per game to ~290 yds and ~17 pts per game.

Except for the two blowout losses against teams that might well be playing in Superbowl this season (Saints, Chiefs), most of our losses were for 1 score or less (-7, -3, -1, -8, -10, -8). Had the number of turnovers or pts per game not decrease so drastically, we might as well still be in the playoff hunt. The losses against Raiders, Chargers, Eagles and Rams hurt most, because those were all very winnable games.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Yea Pace has missed on enough picks that I'm ready to be done with him. Sucks too, cause he really felt like the real deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    Cohen is a great player if used properly. He really hasn't been, IMO.

Changing subjects, I don't recall who wanted Winston on the roster next season, but seriously, that guy sucks. lol He throws more INTs than Cutler.

Might as well go with Mitch next. Give the kid another year look.

Pace should draft a QB and sign a Vet. Seriously, and get this position corrected one way or another. Carry 3 QBs next year. I'd rather have Mariota over Winston.
    Knowing Pace, he will overpay for Mariota, draft some late round QB and basically have a 2 man competition between Mitch or Mariota (That way one of his QB crushes will get to play lol )
    Broncos be like:

Quote Originally Posted by RussianBear View Post
    He has been bad this season, next season he will cost us nearly 2M, it will cost us 100K if we cut him and you can get a decent punter as UDFA. To me it sounds like a lot of good reasons to get rid of him...
    Fair enough. He's really not that expensive relative to the rest of the punters in the league. 14th in salary. If you're sure you can get a better one as an UDFA then go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    Knowing Pace, he will overpay for Mariota, draft some late round QB and basically have a 2 man competition between Mitch or Mariota (That way one of his QB crushes will get to play lol )
    I liked the idea of Mariota but I've heard that his problems are similar to Mitch

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I liked the idea of Mariota but I've heard that his problems are similar to Mitch

He's Mitch with more experience. Just a waste of time IMO.

Actually it doesn't make zero sense. It's not that easy to find a decent ILB, who can step in when either of the starters go down and you don't even notice the change. Jon Bostic rings a bell maybe?

However, if someone wants to overpay any of those two, I'd make more effort to keep Kwit as well.
    When you're tight up against the cap you don't pay starter money to a backup ILB. That money can be much more useful allocated elsewhere. Hell, KLP costs is nothing and he stepped in and has played well.

There have been significant decrease in production this season in both, offense and defense.

With 1 game to play this season, the defense produced just 16 turnovers compared to 36 last season, which makes it very likely that
    this season the Bears defense will not reach even half of the turnovers from the last year.
    Number of sacks have gone down as well, from 50 last year to just 32 (with one game left)

The offense went from ~340 yds and ~26 pts per game to ~290 yds and ~17 pts per game.

Except for the two blowout losses against teams that might well be playing in Superbowl this season (Saints, Chiefs), most of our losses were for 1 score or less (-7, -3, -1, -8, -10, -8). Had the number of turnovers or pts per game not decrease so drastically, we might as well still be in the playoff hunt. The losses against Raiders, Chargers, Eagles and Rams hurt most, because those were all very winnable games.
    Good info here. And welcome RussianBear! New to PSD? Sorry if you've already mentioned, I may have missed.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...490094593?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    When you're tight up against the cap you don't pay starter money to a backup ILB. That money can be much more useful allocated elsewhere. Hell, KLP costs is nothing and he stepped in and has played well.
    I agree about KPL.

Is 3-4M/year really ILB starter money? I think the cap issues in the Bears case is exaggerated, first the cap is supposed to be increased next year and the Bears will definitely free up some cap space with more than necessary cuts in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by RowBTrice View Post
    Good info here. And welcome RussianBear! New to PSD? Sorry if you've already mentioned, I may have missed.
    Thanks mate, no you didn't miss anything, I registered last week or so. Too bad I didn't know about such a fine NFL forum before.

David Njoku might be available. Any interest there?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Hi guys, new poster, long time lurker here myself, in the cubs, bulls and bears forums, finally decided to get off my arse and make an account, looking forward to the offseason and hopefully pace makes some solid moves.

Also would like to say that I'm onboard with the idea of letting Floyd go and getting another edge threat, that being said provided they strike out on Barrett who would be the next up to go after.

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    David Njoku might be available. Any interest there?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    He is damn talented I'd be interested.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    He is damn talented I'd be interested.

Same