Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 151 of 164 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2454
  1. #2251
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,145
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Rumor is Bears almost had him signed on Monday. He decided to wait it out and... he gone.
    Says a lot that he'd rather go play with Fangio and Drew Lock than Nagy and Trubisky.

    Though he'll probably have more say in the offense under Fangio.

    Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

  2. #2252
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    68,948
    Can't blame any OC for wanting to go elsewhere. Until the Bears commit to a better QB, it really isn't an attractive job.

  3. #2253
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Danville, Pa
    Posts
    2,350
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Can't blame any OC for wanting to go elsewhere. Until the Bears commit to a better QB, it really isn't an attractive job.
    Bit of a reach here, no? He wanted the job and agreed to come on board, but knew he would not be calling plays. Also, got to believe he was under consideration for Phil job, probably contacted about Minn job too. So he passed on working w/ Carson Wentz, Kirk Cousins.... But Its Mitch's fault he won't come to CHI.

    Or maybe, he went from HC back to OC and wants to call his own plays. Not likely Vic Fangio would want control of that.

  4. #2254
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    24,552
    Quote Originally Posted by ImGoinToJackson View Post
    Bit of a reach here, no? He wanted the job and agreed to come on board, but knew he would not be calling plays. Also, got to believe he was under consideration for Phil job, probably contacted about Minn job too. So he passed on working w/ Carson Wentz, Kirk Cousins.... But Its Mitch's fault he won't come to CHI.

    Or maybe, he went from HC back to OC and wants to call his own plays. Not likely Vic Fangio would want control of that.
    Don't think it's a reach at all. Mitch is bad.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  5. #2255
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Danville, Pa
    Posts
    2,350
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Don't think it's a reach at all. Mitch is bad.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Mitch is bad, in your opinion. The reports are he still agreed to the position. If Lock is better or not no way to tell right now. So what would make Denver a better job?

    Calling his plays. Making staff changes to his liking.

    And again, reports are Shurmur was mentioned for other jobs with clearly better QBs. But not calling the plays HAD TO BE the reason he chose the job he chose. Otherwise why would he have agreed to come to CHI, over those other positions w/ better players?

    Nagy is the reason here. Or if it fits your narrative, while ignoring the other jobs he turned down, Nagy not letting him call the plays he wanted to run w/ Mitch as the QB, had something major to do with his decision.

  6. #2256
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    47,898
    I think it’s more of he was gonna have more control of the offense than not ,if Nagy was gonna give him control I think he would be here . Also being the guy who made Mitch Trubisky look good on your resume is an achievement and good look if you looking to be a head coach again


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  7. #2257
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,745
    The “Mitch is why we lost Shurmur” commentary is ridiculous barring a report suggesting so.

    Like was said, if he’s not calling plays, why would he want to go to that situation?

  8. #2258
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    26,921
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Don't think it's a reach at all. Mitch is bad.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    insert Denver QB list since Manning???? Joe Flacco..... Drew Lock.... Are we really going to sit here and pretend this is the reason he would chose them over us.

    the fact is...... he probably wants to call plays and I cant imagine Nagy giving up the headset.

    anyway. if it were really about QB.... could we not have signed Either Eli Manning or Case Keenum. 2 guys he has worked with in the past. this Mitch is the reason is just hatful Mitch Propoganda.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  9. #2259
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    19,074
    Shurmur wants 100% control of an offense, for which he’s going to be the OC. So going to a team with a defensive guy as the HC was probably a big factor.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #2260
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    24,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    insert Denver QB list since Manning???? Joe Flacco..... Drew Lock.... Are we really going to sit here and pretend this is the reason he would chose them over us.

    the fact is...... he probably wants to call plays and I cant imagine Nagy giving up the headset.

    anyway. if it were really about QB.... could we not have signed Either Eli Manning or Case Keenum. 2 guys he has worked with in the past. this Mitch is the reason is just hatful Mitch Propoganda.
    Drew Lock is an unknown. He can still be great. That is not the case for Mitch.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  11. #2261
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    26,921
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Drew Lock is an unknown. He can still be great. That is not the case for Mitch.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    you cant honestly be taken seriously when you say drew lock has more potential than Mitch. LOL. this is just Mitch hate speach at this point. lol And the statement Drew lock and Great in the same sentence sure feels like a joke.

    does anyone here even realize Mitch is still only 25....... You act like he is the Human form of Cancer.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  12. #2262
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    68,948
    Quote Originally Posted by ImGoinToJackson View Post
    Bit of a reach here, no? He wanted the job and agreed to come on board, but knew he would not be calling plays. Also, got to believe he was under consideration for Phil job, probably contacted about Minn job too. So he passed on working w/ Carson Wentz, Kirk Cousins.... But Its Mitch's fault he won't come to CHI.

    Or maybe, he went from HC back to OC and wants to call his own plays. Not likely Vic Fangio would want control of that.
    I mean he would definitely want more control of an offense wherever he goes. He's going to have that all the way in Denver. Likely wouldn't have here or Philly. Apparently Minny wasn't interested because of the way they've altered their offensive scheme with Cousins. It's more of a Kubiak style offense now.

    I don't think it's a controversial opinion to say an OC might shy away from this job because our QB blows. I wouldn't say it's THE reason, but part of it? Sure. Add in a GM and coach maybe on the hot seat, it's really not an attractive job. That could change with a better QB in place.

  13. #2263
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    819
    EDIT:

    Nevermind...I see that it was already covered.
    Last edited by I don't care.; 01-13-2020 at 05:10 AM.

  14. #2264
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    20,643
    Two things can be true at once guys.

    I would venture a guess that an inability to call plays would be the main reason. Mitch being another reason? Sure, of course. Nobody, and I mean nobody outside the Bears and Bear fandom thinks Mitch doesn't suck.


  15. #2265
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    River Forest, Illinois
    Posts
    3,340
    Nagy: "So I want to come work for me, you'll get little input in the play calls and your title will be mostly decorative as I continue to jam a square peg into a round hole".

    Fangio: "I'll let do whatever you want on offense with our young, promising QB".

    Shurmur: "Decisions, decisions..."
    Broncos be like:


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •