Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 128 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2340
    Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    This annoys me.

Do you recall the state of which the Bears were in at that point in time????

No GOOD FA wanted anything to do with the Bears because of the lack of winning and the roster looked like crap. Pace HAD to overpay to get a QB here. Cutler was let go...we needed a QB.

Fans act like Pace had several QB's knocking the door down at Halas Hall and he picked Glennon. Go look at that FA class...Glennon sadly was the cream of the crop.

It was a VERY smart contract in the terms of being able to get out of it. Glennon lasted 5 games and was cut the following offseason.

And for the Mitch choice, why didn't you offer up your crystal ball to Pace before the draft???? Mine was broken, or I would have expressed mailed it him.

I wanted Watson and was surprised of the Mitch pick, but several draft gurus liked Mitch leading up to the draft. It's not like Pace drafted a no-name.
    There's two things you have to consider:

1) Pace bid at least 5-6 million more on Glennon than any other team was willing to do. His only other suitor was Tampa Bay, where he would have remained the back up QB (and paid as such).

2) Paying a QB $18 million a year carries the assumption that that QB can at least finish the season and allow the rookie to learn behind him. Did Glennon even last 8 games?

3) I will never fault Pace for missing on Mahomes but every person should rightfully fault him for missing on Watson. Even the most casual pundits had Watson going to the Bears as a great fit and even Watson himself said that he thought the Bears would draft him. Instead, Pace chose the LEAST experienced QB at the most vital position, simply because he looks like a Drew Brees physical specimen. Didn't Trubisky not even start at UNC one year because he couldn't overtake another QB who's not even in the league currently?

Just terrible, terrible draft evaluation IMO. Idk what about Watson going something like 38-3 in college and runner up for Heisman didn't appeal to Pace. That's what will always make me think there were ulterior motives (although I understand that this is a hot take and controversial opinion)
    Last edited by PeanutPunch33; 11-15-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Also, the consensus on this board and in Chicago media was that Pace tied his future to Trubisky by trading up for him. Nothing he has done in 3 years makes me feel differently about that opinion.

The day Trubisky is shown the door, Pace should be right behind him.

I personally would give Nagy one more crack but that's just me.

From what I keep reading is that it’s only guaranteed for injury. It becomes fully guaranteed at the start of the league year. So we have the ability to release Floyd for absolutely no financial commitment by March.

Mahomes was picked before Watson so yeah, I'll fault him for not selecting him just as much.

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    From what I keep reading is that it’s only guaranteed for injury. It becomes fully guaranteed at the start of the league year. So we have the ability to release Floyd for absolutely no financial commitment by March.
    This is correct. IMO he's kind of an easy cut at a $13M price tag. If they want to extend him for a lower AAV that's fine, but he's not worth $13M.
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Mahomes was picked before Watson so yeah, I'll fault him for not selecting him just as much.
    The fact that he didn't do his due diligence on all 3 players is what irks me. He was more concerned about keeping the pick a secret than getting the absolute most amount of information on each player. I find it impossible to trust him with the next major QB pick and if next year goes much like this, then he better not be given that opportunity.

Pace has to pull some mad scientist **** this off season to keep his job. He has to win every hand

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Pace has to pull some mad scientist **** this off season to keep his job. He has to win every hand
    No he doesn't. But his butt is on the hot seat going into 2020.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    No he doesn't. But his butt is on the hot seat going into 2020.
    He doesn’t have much room for error. QB, OL, TE all have to be drastically improved and they’re also going to lose a defensive piece or two that he’ll have to address. Floyd, Prince, Trevathan, Clinton Dix, all could be gone next year. Considering how bad the Mitch selection looks, and Nagys regression, his seat is super hot. If they don’t make the playoffs next year he’s probably gone and they’ll need a whole lot of great moves to have a chance at the playoffs, IMO.

He doesn't have much room for error, but there's no perfect roster in the league. You can still win with questions on your roster. I don't think you can win when QB is the biggest question though.

https://twitter.com/fau_owls_nest/st...237753344?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    https://twitter.com/fau_owls_nest/st...237753344?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Damnit. I liked him quite a bit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

No way I would have chosen Nall over him.

He seemed to be capable of providing us what Cohen can't. Straightaway speed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So we definitely were at Kap's workout

"On attending the Colin Kaepernick workout:
    “Like any workout, we really keep those things in house and that’s where we’ll keep that one.”"

From a Ryan Pace interview.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

I gotta day, with Mitch a bust and this team going south fast - the Mack trade and signing looks rough. Those picks and that $$ would be really helpful moving forward.

That said, I guess CHI can hope to stay competitive thanks to a good defense while the offense tries to figure out anything (QB, OL, play calling, TE...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk