Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 137 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2503
    Barrett would be awesome. Could have had him for nothing last year, but he's probably getting a big deal this time.

Judon & Dupree as well. Damn.

You can probably get two guys for the price of Floyd. No brainer.

Btw I don't see any way Burton isn't our starting TE next year. With his contract and the fact that Nagy wanted him in his system in the first place and our limited capital, he's going to be the guy.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Btw I don't see any way Burton isn't our starting TE next year. With his contract and the fact that Nagy wanted him in his system in the first place and our limited capital, he's going to be the guy.
    Yeah he's not going anywhere. Cap hit is too great and we have no one else. It's a tough spot to be in bc you cannot really count on him next year, but you kind of have to.

I'm curious to see what Ebron gets coming off a down year and injury. That would have the potential to be a great duo if both healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    So who do you bring back, Trevathan or Kwitkowski? Or neither? Kwitkowski younger, probably cheaper. Trevathan has been great, a great leader, has had injury issues in his career, will likely cost more. Is Kwitkowski a flash in the pan this season and signing him longer term to replace Trevathan too much of a risk? Do both get let go? Interesting decision here and to be honest I don’t have faith Pace will make the right one.
    I think we have a pretty good core of inside linebackers, thus I would bring back both. They are both FAs next season right?
    I'd offer Trevathan 12M/2y with 8M guaranteed and Kwiat 12M/3y with 6M guaranteed and see what happens.

It depends on what Danny's market is, but I'd be fine with letting him walk if Kwit is the more cost effective option. They need to cut costs however they can, even if it's just $1-2M.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    It depends on what Danny's market is, but I'd be fine with letting him walk if Kwit is the more cost effective option. They need to cut costs however they can, even if it's just $1-2M.
    Yes, but you have many better candidates for that: Long, Amukamara, Gabriel, Shaheen, O'Donnell... There's 20+M right there...

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I'd love for Danny to stay for the right price.

Pace needs to resign Kwit due to his age.

He's developed into a decent LB.

Never considered dumping Patty O

Had a good year- but almost 2m for a punter. Could save some cash on a rookie I suppose.

Tabor should be fired on spot. Idc who replaces him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RussianBear View Post
    Yes, but you have many better candidates for that: Long, Amukamara, Gabriel, Shaheen, O'Donnell... There's 20+M right there...
    I don't know why you'd cut O'Donnell, but I realize there are plenty of cost cutting options with other players (add Floyd and Shaheen to that list, ~ $15M). That doesn't mean you should pay more for Danny over Kwit if the difference in production is minimal, especially considering Danny's age.

Even if Floyd would take a deal for 6-8 mil I wouldn’t want him back. We need to allocate that money to a capable pass rusher.

Paying Kwit a few million to be a back up makes zero sense.

Pretty much an either or. I side on the side of youth so give me Kwit.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Even if Floyd would take a deal for 6-8 mil I wouldn’t want him back. We need to allocate that money to a capable pass rusher.
    Agreed. This isn't to say Floyd is a bad player, but we definitely need a more consistent pass rush on the edge if teams are going to load up to stop Mack.

What about keeping Floyd over both Kwit and Trevathan if you could get him at a much lower number? Bears run 60% nickle defense and in the past Floyd was graded pretty high in pass coverage. Still need to find an OLB/DE opposite of Mack.

Just spit balling an idea here, but maybe a switch to 4-3 as base defense makes more sense and only invest in 1 middle linebacker for the other 40% of snaps?

Mack—Hicks—Goldman—??
    Floyd—Smith—??

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Especially when you see the FA. It's more stacked then usual.

Lawson
    Ngakoue?
    Clowney
    Golden
    Barrett
    Mercilus
    Fowler

That's just from memory from a few days ago when I looked. Very good group.
    Ive always loved Whitney Mercilus. I was so pissed when Emery picked McClellan over him. He was a perfect fit for us at the time.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk