Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 297 of 404 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347397 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 6051
    I am quite happy to keep Patterson, he is a major plus on special teams. If used properly he could be a big positive on offense, Nagy never used him properly. Guy is a bull out of the backfield and should have been a factor but Nagy just kept handing it off out of the shotgun to a 5í6Ē guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I hope the bears focus on OL and TE ride or die with Mitch. I know some hate this..... But all these QBs we talk about will just chew into our cap space too much for my liking. leaving us with some major holes elsewhere. and Yes maybe there is a way to restructure guys and make some room. But I would rather Die with Mitch this year and maybe get high enough to draft Feilds. Then Settle for a QB another team doesnt want.

That way too... instead of having Carr on basically the same team Mitch played with last year. Your putting Feilds into a ideal situation with a good Running game. Good OL...... Good TE.... and Hopefull a receiving room full of playmakers.
    Long term this is really the best play. Thatís why I prefer Keenum because heís likely cheap and is an upgrade over daniel. Fill other pressing holes like OG, TE, WR, OLB, let Mitch crash and burn and draft the guy of the future in 2021. Honestly, the Bears were 8-8 with a broken offensive roster and no run game. Even with Mitch, they likely make the playoffs with a run game and a real option at TE. No need to waste cap on a short term QB that doesnt make the team legit SB contenders. One whose team doesnít even want them anymore.

For me if I am the Bears I either inquire about Brady, Rivers or Stafford

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I know its unlikely..... Because I really dont like him.... nor do I think he is the answer we are looking for. But Foles in trade would only have a $3,087,500 cap hit this year. Jacksonville would be forced to pay him $18,750,000 of his deal this year . Which provides a really reasonably priced backup. (similar situation to Tannahill and how Miami basically paid him to play for Tennessee)

The problem is though..... You would have to absorb the rest of his god awful contract which has a $12,500,000 dead cap hit next year. So your either stuck with him (and I dont think he is the guy who leads this team to the playoffs) or you cut him and take a 12.5 mil cap loss.

IF we are making a trade for somebody... I feel like i want to at least have confidence that they would be a solid starting QB.

Carr is interesting as well as the Raiders would have to pay him 7.9 mil of his 21.5 mil deal next year even if he was traded. meaning he only cost $13,600,000. The Nice thing about him too is You could technically cut him next year with only a 2.5 mil cap hit if he wasnt the answer you thought he was. I just think Carr Will end up costing close to a 2nd round pick which is more than I want to give up for an Average level QB.

Alex Smith the Redskins would have to pay 16.2 mil of his 21.4 mil meaning he would only have a cap hit of $5,200,000. Unfortunately he also has a $10,800,000 dead cap hit after this year if we decide to move on.

Matt Stafford should not be talked about. The Lions would literally have to pay him more than he is making this year to play for another team. A similar situation the Bears would be in with Mack.... So its not happening.

I still think my favorite though is Ryan Fitzpatrick though.... I dont think Miami really liked him winning them those handful of games. And Since they seem to be out on Burrow I think its likely they may end up tanking again next year. Maybe you could get them to part ways so they would be "FORCED" into starting Rosen.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Bears need to either go after Brady, Rivers or Stafford

Im nervous. very Nervous. 26 mil in cap space or so. and im not seeing anything else happen. that might clear up some space. Granted we could do lots of things still.... Cuting Floyd...... restructuring Mack. But I feel like those things would have happened right along with Prince and Gabriel. maybe they are waiting to play it by ear at the combine to see who is available.... maybe they dont want to make any premtive moves to open cap without knowing how to spend it.

Idk. maybe im too anxious. but 26 mil goes fast with our handful or needs we need to address

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    For me if I am the Bears I either inquire about Brady, Rivers or Stafford
    Hard pass.

Brady is old and would prob cost too much and bears are paying Mitch anyway. can't imagine that would be anything other than a superbowl or bust move.

Rivers, same situation, but he played his worst ball last season and a new offense, new scheme, seems like a sb or bust situation again.

lions would never trade stafford to the bears. never gonna happen unless the bears give up everything. not happening

Could restructure Fuller again too.

But yeah, it'll be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by hester23fan4va View Post
    Hard pass.

Brady is old and would prob cost too much and bears are paying Mitch anyway. can't imagine that would be anything other than a superbowl or bust move.

Rivers, same situation, but he played his worst ball last season and a new offense, new scheme, seems like a sb or bust situation again.

lions would never trade stafford to the bears. never gonna happen unless the bears give up everything. not happening
    The Lions would Literally have to pay Stafford 30 million dollars next year.... to play for the Bears. its not going to happen. plus even if they took Tua he may red shirt.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by RobinRuHood View Post
    I would try to bring in Kevin Johnson on the cheap for added competition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    johnson played surprisingly well after he went to the Bills. for the right price sure.... would love him thrown at that CB comp.

-Rem Koolhaas

No way Floyd stays at $13M, he's either cut, traded or restructured. If he's smart, he restructures...either way.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by hester23fan4va View Post
    seems like a sb or bust situation
    That's exactly what it would be.

Sign Brady for two years with the window being open now and draft a QB for the future in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Im nervous. very Nervous. 26 mil in cap space or so. and im not seeing anything else happen. that might clear up some space. Granted we could do lots of things still.... Cuting Floyd...... restructuring Mack. But I feel like those things would have happened right along with Prince and Gabriel. maybe they are waiting to play it by ear at the combine to see who is available.... maybe they dont want to make any premtive moves to open cap without knowing how to spend it.

Idk. maybe im too anxious. but 26 mil goes fast with our handful or needs we need to address
    Why would those happen at the same time? They cut Prince and Gabrie because they think they are overpaid and replaceable. Iím sure they are trying to negotiate with a few players like Robinson, Mack and Fuller to get some cap space, but thatís a little tougher than just cutting players.

Likewise with Floyd, Iím sure they are trying to negotiate with him as they want to retain him at a lower salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    No way Floyd stays at $13M, he's either cut, traded or restructured. If he's smart, he restructures...either way.
    I'd bet they extend him at somewhere between $5-7M AAV. Anything more feels like a mistake for a pass rusher that's not very good at rushing the passer.