Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Mallett hasnít been here in like 5-6 years haha
    Hoyer, I don't know what I was thinking lol
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017) (2/3/2019)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

Common theme I'm seeing from these selections: guys that love football and are good dudes on and off the field.

HOLY ****

Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    Fair at QB, I'm just tired of Mallett lol. Maybe next year.

I really want a TE and depth OT. We need to do something at tackle. Camp cut, trade, draft, something. I expect we'll do something, but if we don't it just feels irresponsible given Wynn's a ? mark and Cannon usually misses some time.
    Wynn has been working out under BB's eyes since he could, I'm sure BB knows how much to trust or not trust Wynn.

I expect either a camp cut or a draft deal for an aging OT since the draft looks played out for guys that can play well this year.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Common theme I'm seeing from these selections: guys that love football and are good dudes on and off the field.
    hufff! then why haven't we all been drafted - oh yeah 9.7 in the 40....
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Hoyer, I don't know what I was thinking lol
    Yeah Hoyer is a gamer. Mallet is in some bar trying to get free drinks talking about playing ball... in the wrong bar he might be eating the mints before too long.

The Patriots traded 97 and 162 to the Rams for 101 and 133, per @FieldYates.
    Doug Kyed @DougKyed
    Patriots remaining draft picks:

3rd round: 101
    4th round: 118
    4th round: 133
    4th round: 134
    7th round: 239
    7th round: 243
    7th round: 246
    7th round: 252
    Love getting 4th rounders because Bill does well there. Trust him with 4ths more than with 2nds. I'm guessing we drop one of the later 4ths for a 5th and 6th. Maybe combine some 7ths for a 6th or 2020 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Wynn has been working out under BB's eyes since he could, I'm sure BB knows how much to trust or not trust Wynn.

I expect either a camp cut or a draft deal for an aging OT since the draft looks played out for guys that can play well this year.
    I'd be fine with that. Get a stopgap backup aging OT.

HOLY ****

With the 101st overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the #Patriots are selecting OL Yoday Cajuste
    Yes yes yes yes YES, we've got our backup OT boys, I can sleep easy knowing he's in Coach Dante's hands and a JAG isn't potentially protecting Brady on the edge.

HOLY ****

Back to back OL picks adds nice depth as I was talking about earlier.

Our biggest hole right now is obviously TE. Will be interesting to see how itís addressed. Iím comfortable with ASJ as the starter but we need depth and a blocker at the TE position. Also rumors are Rudolph could be had - would be a nice addition.

I donít know that a late round draft pick is the answer for this need. Adding a vet is likely our best course of action.

Iím looking for DL and LB depth and some project players at WR with the rest of these picks.

Interior OL depth, I like the move for Hjate. We'll have him and Ted Karras as our interior depth along with Cajuste and whoever wins the other tackle backup spot, unless we only stick with 8 OL.

Rudolph costs around 7.6, last year of his deal and I wonder if the Vikings outright cut him if they can't find a trade partner.

HOLY ****

Stidham! Him or Grier were the only QBs I had interest in for this draft. Actually wanted Stidham last draft but he didn't declare. I wonder if he wins the backup job or if they roll with 3 QBs.

HOLY ****

Stidham! Him or Grier were the only QBs I had interest in for this draft. Actually wanted Stidham last draft but he didn't declare. I wonder if he wins the backup job or if they roll with 3 QBs.
    More likely a PS/Red shirt year. Could be a PUP/IR candidate with the back issues. He needs work, has some great tools to work with though.

Patriots trade their final fourth-round pick. Terms, per @FieldYates:

NE gets 162, 167

Rams get: 134, 243
    Alright, a later 4th and 7th for 2 later 5ths. Was obvious this would happen since we had no 5th or 6th. Was hoping we'd just take BPA, but getting Bentley in the 5th last year left me more open-minded.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    More likely a PS/Red shirt year. Could be a PUP/IR candidate with the back issues. He needs work, has some great tools to work with though.
    Oh, IR stash, that's something I hadn't considered. Hopefully he would then get the backup job next year. I'm ready to move on from Hoyer ASAP.

HOLY ****

Alright, a later 4th and 7th for 2 later 5ths. Was obvious this would happen since we had no 5th or 6th. Was hoping we'd just take BPA, but getting Bentley in the 5th last year left me more open-minded.

Oh, IR stash, that's something I hadn't considered. Hopefully he would then get the backup job next year. I'm ready to move on from Hoyer ASAP.
    Hoyer will be here this year for sure. But itíll be his last as heís older and a UFA next year. No need to bring him back once his contract expires. By that time Etling and Stidham should be ready to compete for a backup role with another addition likely in next years draft.

Kinda cool:

Patriots draft picks Jarrett Sitdham and Damien Harris played youth football together in Kentucky and remain good friends to this day -- even as they were rivals at Bama and Auburn the past few years
    Draft stories like this are interesting.

HOLY ****

Patriots trade with Vikings (per @FieldYates):

NE gets 159

MIN gets 162, 239
    Patriots traded up and picked Maryland DL Byron Cowart 159th overall.
    There's the DT pick. Good, trade up and get your guy.

HOLY ****

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast