Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Another ****ing corner, BB has the dumbest fetish for 2nd round DBs man....
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017) (2/3/2019)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

Gilmore, McCourty, Jackson, Jones, and now Williams at CB.

With the size of Williams, maybe he’ll play some of Chung’s role and cover TE’s.

BB and 2nd round DB's, name a better duo. It's like every year.... We just picked a corner around there last year(traded up for him too). We've gotten wayyyyy better production from UDFA corners than highly picked ones.

Gilmore
    JMac
    JJones
    Dawson
    JC Jackson

Stuffed here. 5 guys who have all played well except for Dawson who has been stuck behind a wall of talent.. Now we add another 2nd round corner. I hope somebody gets traded because there's no damn room.

Maybe one of these guys can play some safety if this is DMac's last season or SS to backup Chung..

I get triggered from 2nd round DBs man. He may end up awesome, but I hate this pick.

HOLY ****

Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    Gilmore, McCourty, Jackson, Jones, and now Williams at CB.

With the size of Williams, maybe he’ll play some of Chung’s role and cover TE’s.
    This is the only glimmer of hope to me. Dude is massive at around 6'4. If he can be Chung's successor at SS and cover TE's I will be happy.

HOLY ****

Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    BB and 2nd round DB's, name a better duo. It's like every year.... We just picked a corner around there last year(traded up for him too). We've gotten wayyyyy better production from UDFA corners than highly picked ones.

Gilmore
    JMac
    JJones
    Dawson
    JC Jackson

Stuffed here. 5 guys who have all played well except for Dawson who has been stuck behind a wall of talent.. Now we add another 2nd round corner. I hope somebody gets traded because there's no damn room.

Maybe one of these guys can play some safety if this is DMac's last season or SS to backup Chung..

I get triggered from 2nd round DBs man. He may end up awesome, but I hate this pick.
    Our last 3 Super Bowls wins were with defenses built around strong secondaries. BB loves having that lock down secondary for 2 reasons. DBs are cheaper than front 7 guys. And it allows him to scheme the front 7 rather than rely on talent there. Front 7 schemes are BBs true genius.

Gilmores your lock down #1

McCourty is good but getting older. He’s also a candidate to start a transition to S

Jackson flashed last year. Front runner for that #2 spot opposite Gilly

Dawson is an unproven slot guy. Plus ST contributor. Don’t expect him to play much D in his first actual season.

Jones is also a STer and an emergency CB

Williams adds needed depth and insurance behind McCourty and Jackson. Also adds a bigger CB to match up against physical WRs, something every team struggles to do.

I really like the player. The pick makes a ton of sense when you break it down. The front 7 is largely set. I expect to add another DT in our next 2-3 picks and that’ll pretty much set the D

City of Champions

Rams gave us #45, we gave them #56 and #101 back. Figured it would take our highest 2 and latest 3.

HOLY ****

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Our last 3 Super Bowls wins were with defenses built around strong secondaries. BB loves having that lock down secondary for 2 reasons. DBs are cheaper than front 7 guys. And it allows him to scheme the front 7 rather than rely on talent there. Front 7 schemes are BBs true genius.

Gilmores your lock down #1

McCourty is good but getting older. He’s also a candidate to start a transition to S

Jackson flashed last year. Front runner for that #2 spot opposite Gilly

Dawson is an unproven slot guy. Plus ST contributor. Don’t expect him to play much D in his first actual season.

Jones is also a STer and an emergency CB

Williams adds needed depth and insurance behind McCourty and Jackson. Also adds a bigger CB to match up against physical WRs, something every team struggles to do.

I really like the player. The pick makes a ton of sense when you break it down. The front 7 is largely set. I expect to add another DT in our next 2-3 picks and that’ll pretty much set the D
    Jones is a good slot CB, he is in no way an emergency corner.

HOLY ****

He’s not that good. He started to come along before getting injured in 2017. Last year they started him at slot and he played significant snaps to start the season. His snap count dropped to the mid to low 20% by the end of the season. Disappointing year. I think they still like him, but to say he’s a good slot at this point is overrating what he is. The proof is in his declining snap counts last season. His average play allowed JC Jackson to get on the field.

He was solid on ST still though. So he does have good value overall

JC Jackson was fantastic is why. That's not a knock on Jones. If Jones hadn't gotten injured on an end of game meaningless play in the playoffs vs Tennessee, we beat the Eagles. I will go to my grave believing him out there instead of Bademosi would've been the difference.

HOLY ****

This is the only glimmer of hope to me. Dude is massive at around 6'4. If he can be Chung's successor at SS and cover TE's I will be happy.
    I forgot about Dawson too. CB is stacked.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
    The #Patriots in the second round take #Vandy CB Joejuan Williams — it was down to him and N’Keal Harry at No. 32. They trade up and get both. High character guy… who told me Wednesday night his top choice was going to the #Patriots.
    So they love Williams that much. They loved Dawson too, hope he produces this year

HOLY ****

JC Jackson was fantastic is why. That's not a knock on Jones. If Jones hadn't gotten injured on an end of game meaningless play in the playoffs vs Tennessee, we beat the Eagles. I will go to my grave believing him out there instead of Bademosi would've been the difference.
    That’s all well and good. Fact is, Jones hasn’t returned to the same level he was pre injury. Hence the patriots aren’t going to sharpie him into a big role on this defense right now. Jones was not good in 2018, he was very average.

Williams will help this team this year. Basing a dislike of a pick due to previous picks and them being in the same draft round is a poor way to evaluate. Having a very strong secondary in a pass happy league and adding another good player to that group that brings a different type of skill set is not a bad thing. That’s how this should be evaluated.

Sure would’ve liked to have him against TEN last year when Corey Davis lit up up Gilmore in a big L.
    Last edited by Oakmont_4; 04-26-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Fins trading for Rosen. 3 young 2018 1st round QBs in the division now. All 3 of those teams also took DTs high in the first this year. They move in sync lol

Coming up on 64, guessing we trade back for a mid 3rd and add a 4th

HOLY ****

We're on the clock fellas

HOLY ****

Traded 64 for 77 and 118, I knew it. Good, I love trade backs.

HOLY ****

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast