Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Free Agency & NFL Draft thread

Another Championship is in the books, and weíre on to next one! With that being said, who are some draft prospects and free agents you guys would like to see us target or make a move on? Maybe even include some realistic trade scenarios if youíd like.

Have to think some of McCourty/Gronkowski/Hightower/Allen will get cut/retire/restructure. Theyíre all making pretty big money and while still good, arenít what they used to be.

I think Dwayne Allen is at $7.3M and has no dead money involved? Goodbye lol.

Also Brady is set to make $27M. That number will be lowered for sure.

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    TE
    I've seen some mocks have us taking a TE @32. I wouldn't necessarily hate it. Allen is gone, I don't think there is a restructure. I'll bet he'd like to be a FA looking for a pass catching situation. I believe Gronk will be back so I'd like another blocking option next to him and Develin. If we re-sign Trent Brown we could play Wynn some as a 6th Oline/blocking TE. We did that with Fleming and Nate Solder early in their careers.
    Who knows if Hollister makes the roster next season. Guy is a total mystery.

DB
    I want JMac back. Rowe was solid here, but there's no room and he is made of glass. He can walk.

Gilmore, JMac, JJones, JCJackson, Dawson(!)
    DMac, Harmon, Chung, ___

4th safety spot I'd like to nab a LB/S hybrid somewhere in the 1st 4 rounds. Damn good secondary.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017) (2/3/2019)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    TE
    I've seen some mocks have us taking a TE @32. I wouldn't necessarily hate it. Allen is gone, I don't think there is a restructure. I'll bet he'd like to be a FA looking for a pass catching situation. I believe Gronk will be back so I'd like another blocking option next to him and Develin. If we re-sign Trent Brown we could play Wynn some as a 6th Oline/blocking TE. We did that with Fleming and Nate Solder early in their careers.
    Who knows if Hollister makes the roster next season. Guy is a total mystery.

DB
    I want JMac back. Rowe was solid here, but there's no room and he is made of glass. He can walk.

Gilmore, JMac, JJones, JCJackson, Dawson(!)
    DMac, Harmon, Chung, ___

4th safety spot I'd like to nab a LB/S hybrid somewhere in the 1st 4 rounds. Damn good secondary.
    Iíve seen some mocks of us going TE in rnd 1 also, donít know how I feel about it though.....This draft is deep with TEís early so I donít know if Iíd really be against it either. I like both guys from Iowa, but think Iíd prefer Irv Smith Jr from Bama tho. Itís hard to determine what to target till BB makes his moves in FA. I have a gut feeling Flowers is gone and I hate it, hope Iím wrong. I think we resign Brown as he was extremely valuable to us IMO. I agree like the rest of you that I believe Allen is done here, along with Hogan (hope we can resign Dorsett cheap because he showed flashes).

Gronk- I love him to death and aside of Brady heís my favorite Pat of all time (1A & 1B), but if we move on from him I can deal with it as we have proven to be able to win without him.

FAís - I think we make a move on a WR, guys who stand out to me are Adam Humphries, Tate, Djax, and possibly Crowder. I wouldnít be surprised if we tried to steal Ryan Anderson from the Jets because thatís how BB operates.
    I think thereís also a possibility we try and make a run at a LB, but I think BB wonít go out of his way to grab a guy in FA. (I was loving Bentley for some reason.....had to throw that in there)

Draft - I donít care what way we go if we fill holes in free agency and draft to need, but Iím really hoping we do take a QB this year in rnd 2 or 3 pending who it is. Iím loving Daniel Jones (heíll probably be gone though), Clayton Thorson, Ryan Finley, and even Will Grier, so Iím really hoping we can grab one of those guys and throw him behind TB for a year or two and mold him for the next run after being mentored by the GOAT.

Dream Trade - more than like a pipe dream, but it is what it is......OBJ!!!!!

Edit* If we can get Patterson on a team friendly, I love to have him back......just something about that dude that I love.
    Last edited by Fla.SticKy; 02-24-2019 at 11:24 PM.

I really hope we can keep Flowers. Brown is probably gone.

What are the chances Josh Gordon gets reinstated again? His Instagram makes it seem like he thinks heís going to come back. That would be huge if he actually did and stayed out of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    I really hope we can keep Flowers. Brown is probably gone.

What are the chances Josh Gordon gets reinstated again? His Instagram makes it seem like he thinks heís going to come back. That would be huge if he actually did and stayed out of trouble.
    I donít see Gordon being reinstated, donít know how he can get out of this with Goodell. I would love to have him back, with the addition of Humphries, Tate (probably to pricey), or maybe even Djax on a 1 yr. Saw something yesterday about the Pats possibly inquiring about AJ Green who set to be a FA next year also.

I hate the thought of losing Flowers but if BB has to make a choice between him and Brown, I think Browns the guy that stays.

On another note, Iím dying to see what we have in Wynn & Dawson

Flowers and Brown both seem gone.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Flowers and Brown both seem gone.
    Bags what are some moves youíd like to see us make? Any FAs youíd like to see us get? Trades? How about guys you like in the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Fla.SticKy View Post
    Bags what are some moves youíd like to see us make? Any FAs youíd like to see us get? Trades? How about guys you like in the draft?
    I'm kinda flat footed at the moment - esp on the draft. In general:

draft no QB or trade-up for one, unless its like two 7's for a 6. The BB guy isn't here this year.

load up on cheap FA's at DL & LB

spend real FA money on a T, two WR's, back up TE that can catch, either an OLB or DE

draft athletes, trade out to next year using at least 3 picks. Sign UDFA's esp. FS's.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

OK, I've got the plan.

#1. No way to replace Gronk, even if you could draft the two best guys, forget it. BB will draft 1 TE in the 56 - 134 range. There are about 7 TE's that fit - from Irv Smith to Warring. I favor no higher than pick 64. Besides I think Gronk might be back for final 4 games + playoffs at $1M per.

#2. Crummy QB class. A guy you could get at 56 this year is going 110 next year. Probably draft someone after the first 4 rounds - like Stidham or Thorson.

#3. BB is shopping for a DT/NT with the top pick. Lawrence, Tillery, Simmons. Might get Tillery at 35-40. Also take a plunge in the late rounds. Dontavious Russell perhaps

Pats needs outside of DT and TE:

Edge (OLB) Walker/Ferguson/Polite - lots of talent end 2nd/early 3rd - bag one.
    WR - Could draft Deebo Samuel, but lots of slots in this draft - Renfrow to Dortsch, I expect two to be drafted
    ILB (Coverage) - not many, gone early, some big boomer types later - Vosean interesting in mid/late 3rd
    OT (swing) - Pats need another body
    RB (big) Quadree Ollison or Ryquell Armistead in the 7th
    CB no elites, but a big handful from #50-#134 - such as Oruwariye, BB might take a dip

If their guy is gone at #32 - or they can get him 6-8 slots lower expect a series of trade downs and ups. Pretty sure we'll get at least one pick between 134 and 205.

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    A lot of has happened over the last month or so.

Brown signed for huge money. Thanks for the ring and the 3rd round comp
    Flowers signed for huge money. Thanks for the rings and the 3rd round comp
    Malcom Brown signed to the Saints. Solid player, never lived up to the 1st round hype.
    Allen and Gost brought back. Gost gets 2yrs 8.5m, Allen on a 1yr deal.
    Mike Pennel signed. He should be a potentially nice piece.
    Bolden is back.
    Bennett trade, much needed.
    Coaching staff getting more and more depleted.
    Schiano gone, bizarre
    Mayo hired as a coach, love it and was wondering once he retired when this would happen.
    Gronk retires. GOAT talent at TE, 1st ballot HOFer.

We've got the draft coming up. This roster needs:
    Backup swing tackle
    4th RB
    1-2 WR
    1-2 TE
    Brady successor QB
    DLine
    Safety
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017) (2/3/2019)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

Damn this site has almost completely died off, I used to love this site......Sad because there was a lot of good posters in here who I enjoyed reading their posts.
    Last edited by Fla.SticKy; 04-17-2019 at 07:29 PM.

Well, WR out of the first brace of picks. DL draft is very deep. Expect 2 of first 4 picks on DL. An OLB, swing T, TE in following picks. Lots of WR's (slots) RB, FB available 6th round -> UDFA. Still think most of the QB's going higher than they deserve, next year better.

I expect a few combo picks to trade up, and some of those dealt off to next year to load up for a QB. We may only end up with 6 or 7 picks in this draft.

I love draft time. I think this particular draft is extremely deep at WR and has some serious talent at Dline in the top 1st and edges in the second. I also think we can get a safety that can be a several year player for us as well. I think we should also target a swing tackle.

At 32 I think we should look at Dexter Lawrence, Irv Smith JR, AJ Brown, Noah Fant, Jerry Tillery, Deebo Samuel and Chauncey Gardner-Johnson. Im operating under the idea that the to players are gone. I assume players like Clelin Ferrell, Brian Burns, Christian Wilkins and Montez Sweat are all gone. Fant would be my 1a but I think hes gone too. Lawrence would be my 1b followed by Irv Smith jr and then AJ Brown. Depending on circumstances I'd say the pick is Irv Smith Jr.

At 56 there should be a ton of good talent still left. I have a good TE so now I'm looking at receiving / edge help here. Deebo Samuel, J.J. Arcega-Whiteside, Kelvin Harmon, Chase Winovich, L.J. Collier, Jaylon Ferguson, Ben Banogu and Zach Allen. I love this part of the draft and my preference would be Deebo Samuel for sure. He may be gone. For argument sake I'll say my pick is Deebo, who I think is an excellent NFL weapon for sure.

At 64 I have my TE and WR now in Irv Smith Jr and Deebo Samuel. Now I'm sighting in on the edge that I think is the best fit for us. I like Zach Allen out of BC here. He certainly seems like a BB guy. I think he has the upside of a Michael Bennett type. At his floor hes a better Wise Jr. I think hes a perfect fit for various schemes in the dline, as he can move around the line.

At 73, I now know Irv Smith Jr, Deebo Samuel and Zach Allen. I mentioned earlier I really like the Safeties in this class. Amani Hooker is my pick here. I love the idea of using our surplus of picks to take a player like Hooker here. I think he can be an excellent safety in a couple different roles for us in a couple years when we need to replace Chung / McCourty. There are other options I like here such as Terry McLaurin, J.J. Arcega-Whiteside if hes there, Dawson Knox and Renell Wren. But I like Hooker here.

At 97 My pick is Riley Ridley who is a complete steal and maybe the most underrated receiver in this class. I like the idea of doubling up at receiver here and Ridley is a worthy pick for sure.

At 101 I'm taking Khalen Saunders to replace Brown. Hopefully hes there, he may not but most mocks have him in this area.

Heres my recap.

32 - Irv Smith JR
    56 - Deebo Samuel
    64 - Zach Allen
    73 - Amani Hooker
    97 - Riley Ridley
    101 - Khalen Saunders

In the later rounds I like guys like Paul Adams, CJ Conrad, Benny Snell, Jamal Hurd and the like. I understand BB will trade some for sure, But I'd like to see us get 2 receivers, a TE or two. What do you guys think?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast