Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jussie Smollett

Jussie Smollett

https://pagesix.com/2019/02/17/jussi...lleged-attack/

Wow. People are so desperate to prove a narrative they are paying to make it seem more real.

Don't they understand the damage that is done to real cases when they are caught in a lie?

This is so incredibly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post

Wow. People are so desperate to prove a narrative they are paying to make it seem more real.

Don't they understand the damage that is done to real cases when they are caught in a lie?

Completely agree and he should be prosecuted to the full extent.

There should also be a solid spotlight on this to bring light how these things do happen and maybe as a society we should take a pause on how instantaneous reactionary we’ve become in the social media age.

I think as a society we’ll adjust in time as more and more of these events happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Completely agree and he should be prosecuted to the full extent.

There should also be a solid spotlight on this to bring light how these things do happen and maybe as a society we should take a pause on how instantaneous reactionary we’ve become in the social media age.

I think as a society we’ll adjust in time as more and more of these events happen.
    The #IBelieveHer movement that said victims are always to be believed has suffered huge damage and this is just another event people can point at. The world isn't anywhere close to perfect but these sorts of events just further the lies that all of us are in constant danger.

There was a mother at my daughter's school who was in the office shouting that the bus driver had kidnapped and sexually assaulted her daughter. Her daughter, 12 years old, didn't get off the bus where her mother was waiting for her. So she called the police to report her kidnapping, then went to the school to accuse the bus driver. It turned out her 12 year old missed the bus and was on the next bus. Who could imagine a 12 year old missing the bus!!

People need to realize that life in the US is the safest, least racist, most prosperous it has ever been. It's not that there are no hardships, but they are less now overall than ever before, and yet the fear people live in keeps going up. I think that, more than anything else, is our biggest issue as a society.

The most interesting part of that article for me was this:

“It appears that Jussie Smollett tried to manufacture a hate crime to make Trump supporters look bad and most of the media not only uncritically accepted his lies as facts for weeks, but attacked those who questioned the validity of his false story,” Trump Jr. wrote.

What goes around, comes around.

The #IBelieveHer movement that said victims are always to be believed has suffered huge damage and this is just another event people can point at. The world isn't anywhere close to perfect but these sorts of events just further the lies that all of us are in constant danger.

There was a mother at my daughter's school who was in the office shouting that the bus driver had kidnapped and sexually assaulted her daughter. Her daughter, 12 years old, didn't get off the bus where her mother was waiting for her. So she called the police to report her kidnapping, then went to the school to accuse the bus driver. It turned out her 12 year old missed the bus and was on the next bus. Who could imagine a 12 year old missing the bus!!

People need to realize that life in the US is the safest, least racist, most prosperous it has ever been. It's not that there are no hardships, but they are less now overall than ever before, and yet the fear people live in keeps going up. I think that, more than anything else, is our biggest issue as a society.
    This.

Yeah, an absolutely pathetic hoax. It blows my mind that anyone thinks they can get away with anything like that in this day and age

I think people took it and ran because it's believable. Hell, can anyone remember a hoax like this? I'm not really sure what else the media should've been doing? No one had any reason to believe otherwise. And it's not like we were piling on an alleged culprit. No one really, luckily, suffered from this. I'm also not surprised that the one time it was a hoax the Scoots' of the world lose their minds and paint try to paint the general topic with a more wide brush. Some weird attempt to undermine something pertaining to what this originally looked like was the case. But to each their own.
    PSD'S RESIDENT BERNIE BROTHER

I found it a little fishy right from the beginning (but kept that opinion to myself for obvious reasons). Plenty of people were hurt from this and even more will continue to be hurt by this moving forward. This created even more divisiveness in an already very fractured society and will make people question victims/potential victims more than ever.

Also....I highly doubt this is the one and only time some hoax for personal gain/sympathy/attention like this was concocted.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Yeah, an absolutely pathetic hoax. It blows my mind that anyone thinks they can get away with anything like that in this day and age

I think people took it and ran because it's believable. Hell, can anyone remember a hoax like this? I'm not really sure what else the media should've been doing? No one had any reason to believe otherwise. And it's not like we were piling on an alleged culprit. No one really, luckily, suffered from this. I'm also not surprised that the one time it was a hoax the Scoots' of the world lose their minds and paint try to paint the general topic with a more wide brush. Some weird attempt to undermine something pertaining to what this originally looked like was the case. But to each their own.
    Because certain people in the MSM love to think that all MAGA hat wearing people are all racists etc

They want you to believe this is believable when in fact stuff like this is extremely rare

There is a reason that I don't comment much on these types of things. We don't know the facts on most of these crime things until much further down the road.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Anytime somebody staged something it’s just ****ing pathetic. Sadly the fact that gay men get assaulted quite a bit in the US and around the world now becomes a bit less believable.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post

“It appears that Jussie Smollett tried to manufacture a hate crime to make Trump supporters look bad and most of the media not only uncritically accepted his lies as facts for weeks, but attacked those who questioned the validity of his false story,” Trump Jr. wrote.

**** what JR. says.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    There is a reason that I don't comment much on these types of things. We don't know the facts on most of these crime things until much further down the road.
    Sadly this is becoming too common.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post

Not that I don't understand the motivation but in the days after Trump was elected there were dozens of "racist" attacks that were disproved, but they didn't get as much press because they were "average people" with the complaints, but those fake "attacks" did contribute to the perception that the US was suddenly incredibly racist.

I said that in the thread about females being raped and not enough protecting them or whatever. It's a problem but people are so invested with their own motives to start accusing or fabricating a story that it's almost a game for them. You are right: The U.S. is better than ever. Sad some people think we're still in the age of slavery, abuse, and civil disobedience. I mean, just read the story and the guy DEFENDING himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXLx5OY21Bk

Just disgusting. And to think he had the audacity to still try and defend it the entire time..

Kamala brought herself into this. She has A LOT of explaining to do when she runs for presidency. And don't forget about the incident regarding Covington Catholic High School. You think those students are getting an apology from:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/42420...lic-daily-wire

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    **** what JR. says.
    But of course — I guess it wasn’t clear enough, but that was my point.

Who perfected the production of lies as facts for the media?
    Last edited by Crovash; 02-17-2019 at 07:09 PM.

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast