Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Dolphins Hire Reggie Mackenzie

Reported by everyone to get a Senior Personal Executive role

Yet another big name guy with tons of experience to add to the FO. Grier is doing the same thing Flores did of surrounding himself with very experienced people.

The Raiders did a very solid job of drafting under Mackenzie but I feel like they wasted a lot of talent by sticking with Carr.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

We did not draft that well under McKenzie, but I donít know if heís to blame.

He does do a great job structuring contracts.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    We did not draft that well under McKenzie, but I donít know if heís to blame.

He does do a great job structuring contracts.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Actually looking back at it you're 100% correct. He had a very up and down draft history much like Chris Grier at this point. He either drafted a stud or drafted a bust, no real in between. Also did a poor job of building the trench play.

But I still think his input can help. Another guy that just has tons of history that can help Grier with starting on the right foot.

Looking back at his draft history.

2012- Terrible, but the team had traded their 1st and 2nd rounders before he got there.
    2013- #1D. J. Hayden - guy finally last year figured it out, Latavius Murray 6th
    2014- #1 Khalil Mack - one of the best D players in the league, Carr #2, Gabe Jackson #3, Justin Ellis #4 - Elite draft
    2015- #1 Amari Cooper, - rest of this draft was depth guys. But any draft that nets a PB guy is a good one IMO
    2016- #1 Karl Joseph - good/solid S, Rest of the draft is just depth
    2017- #1 Gareon Conley - good looking young CB, Marquel Lee #5 - starting LB - draft was eh
    2018- #1 Kolton Miller - LT but wasn't great year one, Arden Key #3, Maurice Hurst Jr. #5 - still too early to tell on this draft

Looking back he tends to nail 1st round picks, past that is it very up and down. Really though he did a good job of fixing a very broken team cap wise though. When he took over they had contracts worth 150M but the cap was only 120M back then. Three years after that they go 12-4, they lost the WC but that was because Carr broke his leg just before it and Cook started. Carr really hasn't been the same since.

Considering Grier doesn't have much history with FA signings, I'm curious if this move is more to help with that aspect. Gives a respected voice in the room to help negotiate and helps Grier from going crazy with a contract.

I like Mckenzie. He took over the Raiders when they were in the worst shape possible and turned them into a decent team.

Adding more experience is what matters here.

Our last 2 coaches seemed to have no inclination to do that.

Glad to see Grier is on board with that also.