Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    30,832
    Should we be concerned with how horrific our offense has been?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    10,050
    Ozuna and Dex got it going today. Hopefully that carries over into the weekend and then the beginning of the season. It is a little concerning though that we are a week out from the regular season and no one can hit the ball at the moment. Carp injury issues as well but Shildt says he'll be good for opening day. Back issues can linger though

    Pitching has been great which is nice to see. Sounds like Reyes will start the year in the pen.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    30,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    Ozuna and Dex got it going today. Hopefully that carries over into the weekend and then the beginning of the season. It is a little concerning though that we are a week out from the regular season and no one can hit the ball at the moment. Carp injury issues as well but Shildt says he'll be good for opening day. Back issues can linger though

    Pitching has been great which is nice to see. Sounds like Reyes will start the year in the pen.
    Bader, DeJong, Fowler have all been hitting like total ****. That does not bode well at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    10,050
    Bader makes me nervous. I think the team will send him out regardless of what heís hitting just cause of the defense

    As long as he can steal some bases when he gets on, thatís what matters

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    54,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    Bader makes me nervous. I think the team will send him out regardless of what heís hitting just cause of the defense

    As long as he can steal some bases when he gets on, thatís what matters
    I see Bader as a 90-105 OPS+, +20 DRS CFer for the next 5 years. Which I'm fine with because the defense is elite. But the bat looks fairly mediocre overall to me.

    He and O'Neill are staring at massive regressions, and they have me worried. But Fowler and Ozuna should hopefully make up for some of that.

    I'll throw some random predictions out there.

    1. Hudson is going to be this year Jack Flaherty and become a staple in the rotation
    2. Reyes is going to fulfill an awesome role out of the bullpen and be very effective, he and Hicks will make a dangerous 1-2 punch out of the pen
    3. O'Neill struggles to carry a .750 OPS, and won't carry a .300 OBP
    4. Bader posts a 100 OPS+, but brings plus defense
    5. Wong carries a .775 OPS and people start to like him again
    6. Goldie or Carpenter will miss more than 30 games due to an injury but instead of it costing us huge in the standings, Jedd/Martinez pick up the slack
    7. Robinson turns out to be a good utility player, and Edman eventually takes Munoz's job
    8. Wainwright doesn't perform, but they find someone to take his spot mid-season (maybe Helsley?)
    9. Wacha implodes and has a tough time in free agency
    10. Dunno on Carlos Martinez
    11. DeJong has a nice year, hit 25+ homers
    12. We win the division

    Not all that bold, just random thoughts I'm throwing around.

    Emerging prospects will be Jhon Torres, Genesis Cabrera, and Steven Gingery (note, I was hoping Griffin Roberts would be, but he has that suspension and he's gonna need to reestablish trust)

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    54,729
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Bader, DeJong, Fowler have all been hitting like total ****. That does not bode well at all.
    It literally means nothing.

    Every year there are players that over perform and under perform in spring training, and immediately perform the exact opposite once the season begins.

    None of these guys care about their spring numbers, and we shouldn't either.

    Weiters made the team and hasn't hit
    Tyler O'Neill isn't hitting, I dunno why you left him off? He may have 5 home runs, but his spring is comparable to these other guys
    Carpenter isn't hitting, Yadi isn't hitting, Goldie just started hitting

    The guys that are hitting, are the guys that need a good spring because they need to show they deserve a shot this year.
    Edman, Sosa, Arozearena, Urias, Ravelo, Knizner, Thomas. That does bode well because now the organization has guys they can look to for depth and possibly be options in 2020.

    I do wonder if Garcia and Shrock hurt their chances of a call up in the front half of the season though.

    But I'm not worried about any of the veterans from spring training.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 03-23-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •