Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Steroids

Steroids

When was the last time an nhl player got caught for a taking steroids?

I ask because I know someone who supplies some big name players. Generally the rule is: if no one is getting caught for it, then everyone is doing it. Same goes for nfl and nba. They would be stupid not to. Hgh as well - especially in the nba.

My buddy also supplies them a pill that was originally developed for parkinsons disease. He calls it his "limitless" pill and apparently helps slow the game down and helps them make smart decisions on the fly - he says goalies love it.

I know George Laraque had a book he published when he retired basically spilling the beans that everyone in the league is juiced. That book got buried real quick - Further proof that it was true imo.

What are your thoughts?
    And before you say "steroids wouldn't benefit a hockey player" ... you're wrong.
    Last edited by ChongInc.; 02-15-2019 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Added "?"

Steroids help the healing process from injuries and normal wear and tear. Because Sosa and McGwire and others took them in baseball, people believe it's solely to boost muscle in the weight room. Those same people forget that a 50 stolen base player with hardly any homers to his name was the first person busted for steroids and suspended by MLB, not a 50 HR masher.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Steroids help the healing process from injuries and normal wear and tear. Because Sosa and McGwire and others took them in baseball, people believe it's solely to boost muscle in the weight room. Those same people forget that a 50 stolen base player with hardly any homers to his name was the first person busted for steroids and suspended by MLB, not a 50 HR masher.

My thoughts exactly. Many of the banned substances speed up recovery from both training and injuries. That alone leads me to believe that doping is common

Quote Originally Posted by muchlove29 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Many of the banned substances speed up recovery from both training and injuries. That alone leads me to believe that doping is common
    Super super common. Basically you would have to be stupid not to take them (if no one is getting caught). I was shocked by gorges laraque's book being hurried. I thought for sure it would be the next Jose canseco book but it just totally disappeared.

Horcoff in 07 I think was suspended 20 games. And if you know who deals, have you ever asked about if he cares if he gets caught and sent to prison?

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Horcoff in 07 I think was suspended 20 games. And if you know who deals, have you ever asked about if he cares if he gets caught and sent to prison?
    And cushing got caught in the nfl and Lewis in the nba. The point is they make it very easy to beat the system and you only get caught if you egregious about it.

Obviously anyone Cares about getting caught and going to prison, but those same high profile clients are extra careful.

I would say not enough people doing it...not the illegal kind anyways.