Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Next HC?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jason Kidd

    1 4.76%
  • Mark Jackson

    6 28.57%
  • Luke Walton

    2 9.52%
  • Phil Jackson

    2 9.52%
  • Lavar Ball

    7 33.33%
  • Magic Johnson

    1 4.76%
  • Coach K? Lol (other)

    2 9.52%
Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586
Results 1,276 to 1,287 of 1287
  1. #1276
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,454
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Did you contradict yourself on that last line or meant “but most people will sell their souls for it? Just curious.
    but

  2. #1277
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Where my wife tells me
    Posts
    5,617
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    I've always wondered where he was from, I don't even think he lives in the US
    Ask him. He’ll tell you.

  3. #1278
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    48,296
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Ask him. He’ll tell you.
    I have 3x and he ignored my question lol

  4. #1279
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    26,223
    Ohm Youngmisuk: Dr. Judy Seto is returning to the Lakers according to sources. Seto, who was the Lakers’ former head physical therapist and worked with Kobe Bryant, has been assisting with Markelle Fultz’s recovery. – via Twitter NotoriousOHM
    i will leave, but you are gone too!

  5. #1280
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,707
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Ohm Youngmisuk: Dr. Judy Seto is returning to the Lakers according to sources. Seto, who was the Lakers’ former head physical therapist and worked with Kobe Bryant, has been assisting with Markelle Fultz’s recovery. – via Twitter NotoriousOHM
    You had me thinking optimistically until you mentioned Markelle Fultz....

  6. #1281
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    26,223
    Lakers Announce Hiring of Frank Vogel as Head Coach

    Official Lakers Release
    Posted: May 13, 2019
    FACEBOOK
    TWITTER
    EL SEGUNDO — The Los Angeles Lakers have signed Frank Vogel to a multi-year contract as head coach, it was announced today by General Manager Rob Pelinka. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not released.

    “We are excited to add Frank Vogel as the next head coach of the Lakers,” said Pelinka. “Coach Vogel has a proven track record of success in the NBA Playoffs, and he reflects the core qualities we were looking for in a head coach – including, detailed game preparation, extreme hard work, and holding players accountable to the highest basketball standards.”

    “I am very excited for this opportunity to join the Lakers, a prestigious organization that I have long admired,” said Vogel. “I look forward to coaching such phenomenal talent and bringing my strategic vision to the team.”

    Vogel, 45, will be the 27th head coach in franchise history and the 23rd of the Los Angeles era. He owns a career record of 304-291 (.511) in 595 games leading the Indiana Pacers (2010-16) and Orlando Magic (2016-18).

    During his time as head coach with the Pacers, Vogel accumulated a 250-181 record and was a four-time NBA Eastern Conference Coach of the Month with the Pacers, leading them to five playoff appearances and back-to-back trips to the Eastern Conference Finals in 2013 and 2014.

    Originally from Wildwood Crest, New Jersey, Vogel previously served as an assistant coach for the Pacers, Philadelphia 76ers and Boston Celtics for eight seasons between 2001-2011.

    Time will tell, but this guy has been working his ars and now he is our coach.
    i will leave, but you are gone too!

  7. #1282
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,454
    Lol.... Lets see how long he last and lets see how long it takes before folks start bashing him.

  8. #1283
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,997
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Lakers Announce Hiring of Frank Vogel as Head Coach

    Official Lakers Release
    Posted: May 13, 2019
    FACEBOOK
    TWITTER
    EL SEGUNDO — The Los Angeles Lakers have signed Frank Vogel to a multi-year contract as head coach, it was announced today by General Manager Rob Pelinka. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not released.

    “We are excited to add Frank Vogel as the next head coach of the Lakers,” said Pelinka. “Coach Vogel has a proven track record of success in the NBA Playoffs, and he reflects the core qualities we were looking for in a head coach – including, detailed game preparation, extreme hard work, and holding players accountable to the highest basketball standards.”

    “I am very excited for this opportunity to join the Lakers, a prestigious organization that I have long admired,” said Vogel. “I look forward to coaching such phenomenal talent and bringing my strategic vision to the team.”

    Vogel, 45, will be the 27th head coach in franchise history and the 23rd of the Los Angeles era. He owns a career record of 304-291 (.511) in 595 games leading the Indiana Pacers (2010-16) and Orlando Magic (2016-18).

    During his time as head coach with the Pacers, Vogel accumulated a 250-181 record and was a four-time NBA Eastern Conference Coach of the Month with the Pacers, leading them to five playoff appearances and back-to-back trips to the Eastern Conference Finals in 2013 and 2014.

    Originally from Wildwood Crest, New Jersey, Vogel previously served as an assistant coach for the Pacers, Philadelphia 76ers and Boston Celtics for eight seasons between 2001-2011.

    Time will tell, but this guy has been working his ars and now he is our coach.
    What do you mean "working his ars"?

    Great, just what we need a gigalo. Expect more sex scandals.

  9. #1284
    Aust's Avatar
    Aust is online now BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Definitely somewhere
    Posts
    32,790
    I don't even know what to think anymore. We could've done a lot worse than Lue and Vogel. Still, these guys and the other candidates were underwhelming. This is the Lakers HC gig, it is supposed to be one of the most desirable gigs in the sport if not all of sports... We couldn't try to poach another team's coach, or interview some top college HC's? No Ettore Messina? We were interested back when we first hired Luke.

    ^This also applies to our President of Basketball Operations gig which we aren't even going to bother to fill. Un-****ing believable..

    I hate the Kidd hire. He's a snake and a POS, it's a bad look. Would prefer we hired him as a consultant for Lonzo or nothing at all.

    If we aren't complete idiots and can fill out the roster PROPERLY, he should get us to be a good defensive team. Luke could do the same though. Our offense is what needs work which is where Vogel is weak at. Getting top offensive coaching talent would help big time. Other than coaching we'll need to hit big in FA, like a Kawhi or Kyrie so that our O is so good based on talent and despite the coaching.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017) (2/3/2019)

    HOLY ****



    [Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

  10. #1285
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    I don't even know what to think anymore. We could've done a lot worse than Lue and Vogel. Still, these guys and the other candidates were underwhelming. This is the Lakers HC gig, it is supposed to be one of the most desirable gigs in the sport if not all of sports... We couldn't try to poach another team's coach, or interview some top college HC's? No Ettore Messina? We were interested back when we first hired Luke.

    ^This also applies to our President of Basketball Operations gig which we aren't even going to bother to fill. Un-****ing believable..

    I hate the Kidd hire. He's a snake and a POS, it's a bad look. Would prefer we hired him as a consultant for Lonzo or nothing at all.

    If we aren't complete idiots and can fill out the roster PROPERLY, he should get us to be a good defensive team. Luke could do the same though. Our offense is what needs work which is where Vogel is weak at. Getting top offensive coaching talent would help big time. Other than coaching we'll need to hit big in FA, like a Kawhi or Kyrie so that our O is so good based on talent and despite the coaching.
    I feel the same way. Doesn't do much for me. Kidd as the lead assistant has trouble written all over it.

  11. #1286
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Where my wife tells me
    Posts
    5,617
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    but
    ok no worries.

  12. #1287
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Where my wife tells me
    Posts
    5,617
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    I have 3x and he ignored my question lol
    He is not ready yet. Maybe you have to wine and dine him more. Not a first date getting lucky type or person.

Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •