Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Now if its 8 years at 140 mil .......I would consider.

Also If i am Ramirez NO way I'd give them one year of FA.........7 year deal nothing longer.

Dunning getting shut down. Jeez, itís one thing after another. We really need to start seeing some progress out of our prospects this year.

Seems like our pitchers (Cease excluded) are either under performing, or hurt, and Cease has not yet pitched at the top level.
    Our position players seem to be getting hurt as well or are not excelling (Jimenez tbd). My concerns with the rebuild, although all for it, was the people in charge of it. Something better pan out soon.

Unless I am missing someone, I am having trouble recalling a home grown position player panning out since Maggs or El Caballo. Thatís a helluva long time. You almost have to luck into a prospect hit by default in almost 20 years, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Also If i am Ramirez NO way I'd give them one year of FA.........7 year deal nothing longer.
    Iím assuming you mean Jimenez? Not many players in the history of baseball have made 100 million there first 8 years. Mike Trout might be the only guy. Look at Harper for example...first 8 years are well under $100 million.

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Iím assuming you mean Jimenez? Not many players in the history of baseball have made 100 million there first 8 years. Mike Trout might be the only guy. Look at Harper for example...first 8 years are well under $100 million.
    My bad...Yes Jimenez......My point is this,the Sox have him 7 years and if Jimenez believes in himself he should get that money through arbitration by going through arbitration process or close to it. Seven years is long time and we have no idea of the landscape salary wise. If I am him I do not sign anything long term at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    My bad...Yes Jimenez......My point is this,the Sox have him 7 years and if Jimenez believes in himself he should get that money through arbitration by going through arbitration process or close to it. Seven years is long time and we have no idea of the landscape salary wise. If I am him I do not sign anything long term at this moment.
    But we do have a rough idea of the landscape for his salary. You can look at other guys in the league.

Hereís a breakdown of multiple top 5 overall prospects or young MVP candidates in the past.

Trout 8-112, but signed 6/144 extension after 3rd year allowing angels to control for 9 years.

Arenado 8-96
    Harper 8-75
    Betts 6-32...assuming next 2 years get him close to 100
    Bryant 5-25 assuming next 3 years get him close to 100

Delmon Young 8-22
    Joe Borchard....well, he made less than a million after signing bonus.

The point is....MVP type candidates in the same position as Eloy, havenít made $100 through arbitration, so why would he want to take that risk and potential end up like Deleon Young and collect $29 million dollars urban he is a below average player? Also, Wil Myers, and average to above average player...8-61.

The risk never outweighs the reward 99% of time. Also, getting more money up front is better for the player. He can invest that into way more money
    Last edited by shorvath721; 03-15-2019 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Typo

Fair enough.......my point is that he is only 22 years old.....Say he signs what is being reported and during that contract he is say in it 3 years and an all star and MVP. So at 25 years old what would be a fair offer from the Sox??? Or what should he demand? At that time I would say 10 years over 300 mil......I understand that he is not FA at that age, but that would be his worth IMO.

And before you reply .........What if he is not that at age 25?? Then he should sign the deal...LOL.....Anyway I really think he should wait, that's all. He is going to be a special player IMO.

Well trout got 6/144 when he was an MVP following his 3rd year. Heís arguable going to go down as a top 10 player of all time.

I really hope Eloy is in that same category, but he would be a fool to turn down 8/100 right now based on prior contracts. He should sign the deal regardless of what he thinks, but I donít think the sox have offered that.

Even though my points seem to make it seem itís a dumb deal on the sox part, I actually donít. I think theyíve been pocketing enough money these last view years that they can afford to overpay Jimenez here to show a sign of good faith, which will help in retaining him when heís a free agent.

They can be one of the first teams that actually pay there milb guys life changing money year 1 instead of 3-4 years down road. Getting paid 500k would be great for Jimenez the next 2 years, but Iím sure he would be a lot happier with 12.5/year to start

Rodon to start the opener in 10 days. I guess he's the best of the bunch, he should be. I feel very underwhelmed about this season, first time in a long time.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Rodon to start the opener in 10 days. I guess he's the best of the bunch, he should be. I feel very underwhelmed about this season, first time in a long time.
    Yeh, me too......this pitching staff and incredibly weal outfield group has me down. I know Eloy is coming,but, unless he hits the ground running , we are in for a long season. I don't see Palka improving and probably will regress.Very low expectations this year..

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Yeh, me too......this pitching staff and incredibly weal outfield group has me down. I know Eloy is coming,but, unless he hits the ground running , we are in for a long season. I don't see Palka improving and probably will regress.Very low expectations this year..
    Compound all of that with Dane Dunning's Tommy john surgery.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Well trout got 6/144 when he was an MVP following his 3rd year. Heís arguable going to go down as a top 10 player of all time.

I really hope Eloy is in that same category, but he would be a fool to turn down 8/100 right now based on prior contracts. He should sign the deal regardless of what he thinks, but I donít think the sox have offered that.

Even though my points seem to make it seem itís a dumb deal on the sox part, I actually donít. I think theyíve been pocketing enough money these last view years that they can afford to overpay Jimenez here to show a sign of good faith, which will help in retaining him when heís a free agent.

They can be one of the first teams that actually pay there milb guys life changing money year 1 instead of 3-4 years down road. Getting paid 500k would be great for Jimenez the next 2 years, but Iím sure he would be a lot happier with 12.5/year to start
    Trout is the best player of all time up to this point in his career

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Hopefully the TJS on Dunning works out and he can come back strong. Not sure what the recovery time is but say at least 12 - 18 months which gets him back late 2020, or 2021.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast