Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 182 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilhan Omar

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    You're not missing anything.

Maybe just Republicans being dumb babies and desperately clinging to anything that can make them look like they're the moral torchbearers. So they're deciding to smear (that's all this is) Ilhan as an anti-semite.

Mehdi with a great thread, as always.

thanks for a little more info and yup this is what it seems like to me. I am not overly surprised by it all but hope people can see the issues with Pelosi types when this stuff arises. Hillary Clinton loved this type of game too.

The hypocrisy might be more on on side than the other I am not getting into that but there is no doubt the establishment dems absolutely love these little games. This seems to have nothing to do with an antisemitic comment but lets pretend it is because this culture war/identity politics is very important to us.

I was wondering if it had something to do with "Benjamin" being a jewish name that is somehow an insult

For what it's worth, I go with Monty Python's "Red Sea Pedestrians"

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I was wondering if it had something to do with "Benjamin" being a jewish name that is somehow an insult
    It did not.

I'm not surprised at all that so many people (I see your wink, though) are trying to find ways to convince themselves this is anything more than what it is, however.

Also not surprised at how quickly and forcefully EVERYONE moved in on this. Some things are off-limits and criticizing the government is Israel is one of those. Makes it all the more important for people like her to exist.

Now we have idiots like Bret Stevens demanding Omar step down from her committee positions. Thanks Nancy! I know you're basking in that good press re: the shutdown, but that doesn't mean you need to keep leaning so hard into your natural instincts and punching left every chance you get this past week. Thanks for making all the right-wingers proud! Watch them smear one of your colleagues and basically encourage them on. I hate Nancy so much sometimes my god

I expect it from Chuck. He's an outright conservative when it comes to any matter concerning Israel.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & goodô now

OK, for real I'm leaving now...

I don't like Matty too much, though he seems to be getting better as the years go on, but the greater point to the issue Omar is trying to raise was basically proven in full force today.

Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & goodô now

The Dems ALWAYS get the free pass!

A joke!

Pelosi has done nothing!

They sweep this crap under the rug...

If a GOP member said things they would have been run out of town...
    My top 5 Yankee playoff teams

5. 2009

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    The Dems ALWAYS get the free pass!

A joke!

Pelosi has done nothing!

They sweep this crap under the rug...

If a GOP member said things they would have been run out of town...
    Yes, because as we all know Steve King was promptly booted from the GOP after he questioned why white supremacy was considered offensive, and now spends his days scrubbing toilets with toothbrushes in Mozambique.

Oh wait, no, that didn't happen, he still represents Iowa's 4th district as a Republican.

You know, I'm becoming more and more convinced you're just a parody poster trying to make Trump supports look really stupid. Like they need any help with that.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    It did not.

I'm not surprised at all that so many people (I see your wink, though) are trying to find ways to convince themselves this is anything more than what it is, however.

Also not surprised at how quickly and forcefully EVERYONE moved in on this. Some things are off-limits and criticizing the government is Israel is one of those. Makes it all the more important for people like her to exist.

Now we have idiots like Bret Stevens demanding Omar step down from her committee positions. Thanks Nancy! I know you're basking in that good press re: the shutdown, but that doesn't mean you need to keep leaning so hard into your natural instincts and punching left every chance you get this past week. Thanks for making all the right-wingers proud! Watch them smear one of your colleagues and basically encourage them on. I hate Nancy so much sometimes my god

I expect it from Chuck. He's an outright conservative when it comes to any matter concerning Israel.

Racism is just wrong....

If a GOP did anything racism they would have been told to resign....

5. 2009

Racism is just wrong....

See above post regarding Steve King
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Yes, because as we all know Steve King was promptly booted from the GOP after he questioned why white supremacy was considered offensive, and now spends his days scrubbing toilets with toothbrushes in Mozambique.

Oh wait, no, that didn't happen, he still represents Iowa's 4th district as a Republican.

You know, I'm becoming more and more convinced you're just a parody poster trying to make Trump supports look really stupid. Like they need any help with that.

Hogwash!

Steven King is a terrific writer...

5. 2009

But seriously if a GOP member was clowning the Muslims he or she would have been asked to leave....

Omar can have her own opinion but she needs to understand she is out in the spotlight now....

There are some things left better unsaid....

5. 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post

Uh, I didnít vote for Trump.....

Unfortunately I wasted my vote on Hillary....

I did like Slick Willy as President....I figured he be still running the show if she were elected....The this why I wanted her to win...

Trump is too nerve wracking.....I like stability and Bill did bring that.....Hillary should really be our President, but she forgot about Michigan and Minnesota and the rust belt States....

Iím more center and bend on both sides....

And I am NOT voting for Trump in 2020...Iíll vote for Liz Warren before I vote for him....

5. 2009

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Your party seems to disagree with you.
    Iím old enough to remember when you said I just parroted the party line...

Is this a ďthis statement is a lieĒ breakdown moment? If heís lying, then heís telling the truth, then he is lying...BOOM!

Uh, I didnít vote for Trump.....

Unfortunately I wasted my vote on Hillary....

I did like Slick Willy as President....I figured he be still running the show if she were elected....The this why I wanted her to win...

Trump is too nerve wracking.....I like stability and Bill did bring that.....Hillary should really be our President, but she forgot about Michigan and Minnesota and the rust belt States....

Iím more center and bend on both sides....

And I am NOT voting for Trump in 2020...Iíll vote for Liz Warren before I vote for him....
    LOL yup. Parody poster. This confirms it.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

Racism is just wrong....

You are not helping your side

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    You are not helping your side
    He doesnít do much more than combine the best Breitbart comments into one post.

Page 2 of 182 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast