Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 143 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2360

Thread: Ilhan Omar

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    So this crazy idea has a name. It’s called giving a **** about other people. Maybe that’s a little too Christ-like for your taste.
    No one works for free
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I don't think anyone is against the idea that they should change regardless of how outsiders view the free food. If someone is starving they shouldn't be told not to eat something because it won't be healthy if they haven't eaten in a couple days.

The question is should they change by giving them the cheapest crap food they can or trying to get healthier food even if it costs a little more?
    Again, the govt shouldn’t concern itself with subjective problems and it certainly shouldn’t attempt to supply subjective answers to problems. Costing a “little bit more” for “healthier” is a subjective answer to an objective problem- kid possibly starving at school.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Again, the govt shouldn’t concern itself with subjective problems and it certainly shouldn’t attempt to supply subjective answers to problems. Costing a “little bit more” for “healthier” is a subjective answer to an objective problem- kid possibly starving at school.
    What do you mean? Government is all over tons and tons of subjective problems lol. Many many political topics do not have a clear objective answer there is most often nuance.

Even so, objectively the healthy food is better for the kids/society long term as others have pointed to. You are ignoring this objective answer to push your own objective answer. Both have validity you are just choosing to ignore one aspect because you believe in another mattering more apparently.

This is actually a major problem in politics is finding an obvious problem then trying to fix it in the cheapest way possible, ignoring the long term impacts or effect on actual people. There is objectivity on both sides of this debate you are simply ignoring part of the objectivity because it costs more.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    It's a lie though. Fresh produce is typically twice the cost of frozen produce and it has gone through the measures you stated.

Just looked at Walmart for ***** and grins. Fresh produce is almost twice the cost of the frozen variety per ounce. Fresh produce costs a lot more than the frozen variety.
    It does and yet frozen is just as good and depending on length of transport frozen has a higher nutritional content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    What are y’all actually debating?
    A congresswoman suggested feeding hungry Americans, the republicans fiercly oppose this since the congresswoman is a democrat.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    #Empathy2020
    But how does that throw money into my corporate overlord’s pockets? I need them to profit at my own expense.

Some of this stuff is pathetically funny.

Anyone who wonders why things don't get done in this country only needs to read the last 6-7 pages of this thread.

About a dozen or so posters who are "experts on everything" posting on some insignificant anonymous internet chat room giving all sorts of ideas about how to feed hungry kids.

Free food/not free food
    deserve/underserved
    frozen/fresh
    healthy/unhealthy
    govt responsibility/govt responsibility/

Now consider all this and apply it to what it would take to get a law passed by 340+ Reps, 100 Sens and a partisan president.

This is why things do not get done and if they do get done they are not done so in the most effective, most beneficial or least wasteful way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Some of this stuff is pathetically funny.

Anyone who wonders why things don't get done in this country only needs to read the last 6-7 pages of this thread.

About a dozen or so posters who are "experts on everything" posting on some insignificant anonymous internet chat room giving all sorts of ideas about how to feed hungry kids.

Free food/not free food
    deserve/underserved
    frozen/fresh
    healthy/unhealthy
    govt responsibility/govt responsibility/

Now consider all this and apply it to what it would take to get a law passed by 340+ Reps, 100 Sens and a partisan president.

This is why things do not get done and if they do get done they are not done so in the most effective, most beneficial or least wasteful way possible.
    So.....that’s a no to WWJD. Got it.

What do you mean? Government is all over tons and tons of subjective problems lol. Many many political topics do not have a clear objective answer there is most often nuance.

Even so, objectively the healthy food is better for the kids/society long term as others have pointed to. You are ignoring this objective answer to push your own objective answer. Both have validity you are just choosing to ignore one aspect because you believe in another mattering more apparently.

This is actually a major problem in politics is finding an obvious problem then trying to fix it in the cheapest way possible, ignoring the long term impacts or effect on actual people. There is objectivity on both sides of this debate you are simply ignoring part of the objectivity because it costs more.
    So again, if you are going to apply the subject standard that “healthy food is better in the long term” at what measure do you apply this in terms of poor people? Are we going to stop poor people from using govt supplied food stamps on unhealthy foods? Are we going to stop poor people from buying alcohol and cigarettes as well because those have long term negative effects on society...

So again, if you are going to apply the subject standard that “healthy food is better in the long term” at what measure do you apply this in terms of poor people? Are we going to stop poor people from using govt supplied food stamps on unhealthy foods? Are we going to stop poor people from buying alcohol and cigarettes as well because those have long term negative effects on society...
    No bc they use food stamps as a substitute for money. When you eat a school weather you pay for it or not you get what is served.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

First of all there is a difference between adults making their own decisions and kids and there is also a difference between being given a substitute for $ to buy your own food and being given either crap or healthy food based on the school.

I would be alright if some kids ate mcdonalds everyday for lunch if there was also a healthy option though and it was just their/parents choice. I am saying there should also be healthy choices not we need to force healthy foods on people at all costs.

First of all there is a difference between adults making their own decisions and kids and there is also a difference between being given a substitute for $ to buy your own food and being given either crap or healthy food based on the school.

I would be alright if some kids ate mcdonalds everyday for lunch if there was also a healthy option though and it was just their/parents choice. I am saying there should also be healthy choices not we need to force healthy foods on people at all costs.
    That's a reasonable approach
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    No bc they use food stamps as a substitute for money. When you eat a school weather you pay for it or not you get what is served.

Agreed...

No one is forcing foods. This would be the option if children are not being fed at home. In that instance, the parents don’t get a choice on healthy vs non healthy, especially given the costs. Any food is healthier than no food. That’s a given and if it’s a free option, it’s a good one.

No one is forcing foods. This would be the option if children are not being fed at home. In that instance, the parents don’t get a choice on healthy vs non healthy, especially given the costs. Any food is healthier than no food. That’s a given and if it’s a free option, it’s a good one.
    Yes so as I said the key is you are just focusing on the cost, others are focusing on the health aspect and what is best for the kids. I agree you can't go overboard but a healthy option for food shouldn't be drastic.