Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 140 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2397

Thread: Ilhan Omar

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I mean it seems stupid to feed them foot that is **** and not feed them healthy food. If the school is buying the food, then yea they should leverage their spending power to get something that isn't garbage for the students to eat.
    I guess its good that rural poverty doesn't exist, or McDonalds would have to truck the food out there.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Literally all of this diatribe applies to businesses and corporations as well. You don't think a ton of them are lying about their income, investments, where the money is, etc. to avoid paying more taxes? That is also illegal and they do it all the time. They are receiving tax breaks and tax incentives and kickbacks fraudulently.

So my question is, why aren't you as mad at corporations for doing that fraudulently as you are for poor people?
    Because he does those things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Literally all of this diatribe applies to businesses and corporations as well. You don't think a ton of them are lying about their income, investments, where the money is, etc. to avoid paying more taxes? That is also illegal and they do it all the time. They are receiving tax breaks and tax incentives and kickbacks fraudulently.

So my question is, why aren't you as mad at corporations for doing that fraudulently as you are for poor people?
    Again, and again………

I am mad at corps when they break the law. If they break the law, they should be punished.

If they are legally avoiding taxes by taking advantage of a questionable loophole, close the loophole. I am in favor of this.

What you do not get is that some of these "loopholes" are designed to increase investment. Increase investment leads to increased employment. Increased employment leads to a growing economy.

Loopholes I would be against closing tend to be geared towards expansion e.g. various depreciation laws. I can write off income from profits by buying a company vehicle on December 31st. and depreciating the entire amount in that year. I may not have needed a new vehicle for another year but the move would be made to offset taxes. Is that a loophole…sure. Is there a benefit to it…sure (a piece of equipment is purchased earlier than necessary to offset income but it also has the advantage of a capital investment into the economy therefore expanding the economy.) A new vecivle is a small example but large companies have major purchases that do the same thing.

Loopholes that should be closed generally revolve around writing off losses. Losses are your (the entity's) problem and should not be allowed to be passed along. Travel and entertainment writeoffs get to be ridiculous (why are there rarely any conventions in Maine or Montana.) Country club expenses etc. Plenty more.

So in answer to your question…yes, I am mad at corps for operating fraudulently. Most of the corporate issues you seem to be annoyed at probably aren't fraudulent.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Because he does those things

Wrong again…

For small family owned businesses there are very few aspects of it that can "fraudulently" save me $$$$.

Think it through once in a while.

I mean, do you not want kids eating healthy? This is a two birds with one stone scenario. If it were solely about feeding kids, why not just mandate that every school meal is Top Ramen and save millions?

Besides, if your whole goal with this food outreach program is to save money, you realize creating an entire generation of unhealthy fat people actually is going to cost the US WAY more money in the long term in health costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I mean it seems stupid to feed them foot that is **** and not feed them healthy food. If the school is buying the food, then yea they should leverage their spending power to get something that isn't garbage for the students to eat.
    We are talking about children who are so malnourished they can’t focus on their education. If McDonalds wants to provide Happy Meals for these children to eat, we shouldn’t be in position to judge what’s “healthy” or not. Determine what’s healthy is a subjective measure to an objective problem. I’m sure if starving children in some third world country were offered free Big Macs, they’d jump all over them. If the school is spending money on these lunches, that’s different than getting them for free. So I guess it what’s more important?

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    We are talking about children who are so malnourished they can’t focus on their education. If McDonalds wants to provide Happy Meals for these children to eat, we shouldn’t be in position to judge what’s “healthy” or not. Determine what’s healthy is a subjective measure to an objective problem. I’m sure if starving children in some third world country were offered free Big Macs, they’d jump all over them. If the school is spending money on these lunches, that’s different than getting them for free. So I guess it what’s more important?
    This sentence has to be some kind of joke. Are you saying that what is healthy is subjective? A Big Mac is objectively unhealthy...

As for your point, if the options were between no food for the children and Big Macs, obviously contract out for Big Macs. If the choice is between Big Macs and healthy food and you are choosing Big Macs to save a few bucks, obviously go for the healthy food.

It's like you are begrudging in your desire to help kids. "starving kids want food? FINE, but it's going to be garbage then!"

Like, why are you so against the idea of getting kids healthy food? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Again, and again………

I am mad at corps when they break the law. If they break the law, they should be punished.

If they are legally avoiding taxes by taking advantage of a questionable loophole, close the loophole. I am in favor of this.

What you do not get is that some of these "loopholes" are designed to increase investment. Increase investment leads to increased employment. Increased employment leads to a growing economy.

Loopholes I would be against closing tend to be geared towards expansion e.g. various depreciation laws. I can write off income from profits by buying a company vehicle on December 31st. and depreciating the entire amount in that year. I may not have needed a new vehicle for another year but the move would be made to offset taxes. Is that a loophole…sure. Is there a benefit to it…sure (a piece of equipment is purchased earlier than necessary to offset income but it also has the advantage of a capital investment into the economy therefore expanding the economy.) A new vecivle is a small example but large companies have major purchases that do the same thing.

Loopholes that should be closed generally revolve around writing off losses. Losses are your (the entity's) problem and should not be allowed to be passed along. Travel and entertainment writeoffs get to be ridiculous (why are there rarely any conventions in Maine or Montana.) Country club expenses etc. Plenty more.

So in answer to your question…yes, I am mad at corps for operating fraudulently. Most of the corporate issues you seem to be annoyed at probably aren't fraudulent.
    As are most of the issues you seem to be annoyed at for the poor.

As are most of the issues you seem to be annoyed at for the poor.
    I am only annoyed at people fraudulently obtaining benefits. It happens a lot.

Are you really that dense?

Ask not what you can do for your country ask what can you do for Sluggo!

I am only annoyed at people fraudulently obtaining benefits. It happens a lot.

Are you really that dense?
    Nope you never purpose ways to get the benefits the right people you complain about people getting benefits and how you feel it effects your bottom line

Nope you never purpose ways to get the benefits the right people you complain about people getting benefits and how you feel it effects your bottom line

Two points here……

1 Your post makes no sense. re-read it…subject, predicate, commas, caps, all would help.

2 I though you said that you never read my posts????

Two points here……

1 Your post makes no sense. re-read it…subject, predicate, commas, caps, all would help.

2 I though you said that you never read my posts????
    You understand and I never said that

It's like you are begrudging in your desire to help kids. "starving kids want food? FINE, but it's going to be garbage then!"
    Lmaoooooo
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Ask not what you can do for your country ask what can you do for Sluggo!

A rallying cry we can all get behind!
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

This sentence has to be some kind of joke. Are you saying that what is healthy is subjective? A Big Mac is objectively unhealthy...

As for your point, if the options were between no food for the children and Big Macs, obviously contract out for Big Macs. If the choice is between Big Macs and healthy food and you are choosing Big Macs to save a few bucks, obviously go for the healthy food.

Like, why are you so against the idea of getting kids healthy food? lol
    The idea is to feed children who are most likely too hungry to focus on their education. That’s the objective. If a corporation that of course is bound by federal regulations regarding food are willing to offer their product at little or no cost, than you accept that offer. Your example of spending a few extra dollars for healthier alternative is exactly what’s wrong with govt spending and why no one believes the govt is efficient. Because it’s not just a few extra bucks. It’s a few extra bucks per student, daily. Over time, that adds up.

Also, I’m not saying kids can’t eat healthy. But if parents want their children to eat healthy, then there’s a cost in that endeavor. Are you suggesting poor people can only buy healthy food with their food stamps or is it ok for parents to buy crappy food that’s typically cheaper?