Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 138 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2397

Thread: Ilhan Omar

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well if the parents aren't paying for lunches during school perhaps they could then afford to pay for the lunches on weekends...
    The point is, which you probably know, is that there are a lot of kids getting free lunch programs when their parents could easily affird to give them lunch.

Some take the free lunch because they can get it, not because they need it. Big difference. I know of at least three circumstances where this has happened. I'm sure there is a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    The point is, which you probably know, is that there are a lot of kids getting free lunch programs when their parents could easily affird to give them lunch.

Some take the free lunch because they can get it, not because they need it. Big difference. I know of at least three circumstances where this has happened. I'm sure there is a lot more.
    The point is that part of the cost built into the school model should be providing lunch to all the students. It shouldn't matter whether you can afford it or not. If the parents want to send their child to lunch with a different/better lunch, more power to them.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What do you mean by its a lie? How do you know? I feel gov't programs are needed but I also a good local charity stretches the dollar a lot further.
    The key there is a good local charity. Many, many charities, even common ones, are not utilizing donated dollars on the actual people they are helping to any greater degree than US government programs.

https://www.cnn.com/2013/06/13/us/wo...ies/index.html

This charity spent 3 cents on the dollar on actual charity. The idea that all charities are inherently better money well spent for children who are hungry is bunk.

This goes back to the earlier point about how you are totally fine with businesses taking advantage of laws to save money but are totally against it when poor people do it.

How are these people applying for and getting assistance through a government program they may not deserve any worse than a corporation that applies for and gets tax breaks or kickbacks that they don't deserve?

Why are you only angry at the poor for this?

This goes back to the earlier point about how you are totally fine with businesses taking advantage of laws to save money but are totally against it when poor people do it.

How are these people applying for and getting assistance through a government program they may not deserve any worse than a corporation that applies for and gets tax breaks or kickbacks that they don't deserve?

If the poor don't have boots to pull themselves up by the straps, have they tried getting more money?
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

I think the point is that you are a Scrooge.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Scrooge did eventually realize the error of his ways...just saying.
    _____

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The point is that part of the cost built into the school model should be providing lunch to all the students. It shouldn't matter whether you can afford it or not. If the parents want to send their child to lunch with a different/better lunch, more power to them.
    So in your little world…there is such thing as a free lunch.

Why not do it thri high school, college?

Get real here.

Are businesses operating within the law? If so, no problem. If you don't like the laws, change the laws. I'm all for this.

Are they operating outside the law? If so, they should be punished. I'm all for this too.

A lot of people on all these social programs operate outside the law. They are taking money they do not need and get it by gaming the system. Not hard to do in a liberal society.

Frankly, I think we all know people like this.

So in your little world…there is such thing as a free lunch.

Why not do it thri high school, college?

Get real here.
    No there isn't a free lunch. There is a no cost to the student lunch though. There's a big difference. We all pay local taxes that go to pay for the cost of operating a school. The cost that is paid to run the school should account for providing the students a lunch. This isn't an unreasonable ask.
    _____

Silly point. However, not surprised coming from you.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    No there isn't a free lunch. There is a no cost to the student lunch though. There's a big difference. We all pay local taxes that go to pay for the cost of operating a school. The cost that is paid to run the school should account for providing the students a lunch. This isn't an unreasonable ask.
    S T R E T C H I N G the point.

Are businesses operating within the law? If so, no problem. If you don't like the laws, change the laws. I'm all for this.

Are they operating outside the law? If so, they should be punished. I'm all for this too.

A lot of people on all these social programs operate outside the law. They are taking money they do not need and get it by gaming the system. Not hard to do in a liberal society.

Frankly, I think we all know people like this.
    That is not outside the law. If you are able to qualify for money from the government even if you don't need it, that is not illegal, but it is gaming the system.

So I'm assuming then that you are totally fine with poor people who legally get money they don't need so long as they are operating within the law just as you are totally fine with corporations that do the same?

S T R E T C H I N G the point.
    Making my point. You are trying to pretend like I said the lunch would have no cost. I am saying there should be no cost to the student or their family. The cost should be budgeted for and borne through the same budget that pays for all the other school.
    _____

The key there is a good local charity. Many, many charities, even common ones, are not utilizing donated dollars on the actual people they are helping to any greater degree than US government programs.

https://www.cnn.com/2013/06/13/us/wo...ies/index.html

This charity spent 3 cents on the dollar on actual charity. The idea that all charities are inherently better money well spent for children who are hungry is bunk.
    All charities, as non profits, have to report their expenses and are bound by 501c-3 accounting regulations. Those are much stricter and open than govt accounting, especially on the local level.