Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 158 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilhan Omar

Ilhan Omar

Demcorat Ilhan Omar deserves her own thread.

I said this in the AOC thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Specials new boogiewoman

Deleted

What did she say?

She said Republican support of Israel is all about the bejamins. Definitely thread worthy

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    She said Republican support of Israel is all about the bejamins. Definitely thread worthy
    She's not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    Demcorat Ilhan Omar deserves her own thread.

I said this in the AOC thread.

I mean that IS kinda how it works. Why is this making people upset? That's just standard American politics, just like insurance lobby, pharmaceutical lobby, etc
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Hopefully one of our American friends can explain to Special how lobbying works in the US Congress since he is from Canada and has staked an interest in how Israel leverages influence in the United States.

Hopefully afterwards one of our American friends can ask Special for a comparable analysis of how Israeli lobbying efforts work in Canada compared to the United States.
    Last edited by statquo; 02-11-2019 at 02:33 PM.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Both sides are bought and paid for by the Israeli government lobby. This isnít anything Jewish people, itís about the country of Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Both sides are bought and paid for by the Israeli government lobby. This isnít anything Jewish people, itís about the country of Israel.
    Your party seems to disagree with you.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

She said and did nothing wrong.

Pretty embarrassing that Pelosi and Co. are calling on her to apologize. Absolutely insane.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & goodô now

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Your party seems to disagree with you.
    I know it might be hard for you to grasp but not all of us are just tribalist partisans that always accept what "our party" or it's leaders say as fact. Or right. Or good. Or worth-defending. Or anything. Hell, many of us spend as much time here ripping Dems as we do Republicans.

dbroncos is right: this has nothing to do with the religion, the Jewish people, or anything. What's happening in this country right now is an attempt to stamp out criticism of the Israeli Government. You can see it everywhere with no better example than the bipartisan effort in the Senate to outlaw support of BDS. There's no clearer example of an attack on the first amendment than that, but no one really cares, of course. We're fine with the country's occupation of Palestinian lands, its human rights abuses and so on.

Big pharma, the NRA, the military-industrial complex, big energy, etc. We all accept how much most everyone is paid off by various special interests. Criticize those groups all you want! Don't you dare criticize AIPAC though! Criticize any of our other allies and it's OK, but don't you dare criticize Israel.

That's it, just that support for Israel is about the money? Talk about a tempest in a teapot.

And I'm for de-funding DHS too.

Ya I was trying to find more but it seems like she just pointed out the money involved and called out the aipac as the example. "All about the Benjamins" is a pretty common phrase/popular saying right there isn't antisemitism from that comment people are mad about is it?

What am I missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Ya I was trying to find more but it seems like she just pointed out the money involved and called out the aipac as the example. "All about the Benjamins" is a pretty common phrase/popular saying right there isn't antisemitism from that comment people are mad about is it?

What am I missing here?
    You're not missing anything.

Maybe just Republicans being dumb babies and desperately clinging to anything that can make them look like they're the moral torchbearers. So they're deciding to smear (that's all this is) Ilhan as an anti-semite.

Mehdi with a great thread, as always.

Last edited by ManRam; 02-11-2019 at 04:27 PM. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 158 1231151101 ... LastLast