Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 144 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2397

Thread: Ilhan Omar

  1. #2146
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Yes so as I said the key is you are just focusing on the cost, others are focusing on the health aspect and what is best for the kids. I agree you can't go overboard but a healthy option for food shouldn't be drastic.
    Hes not really focused at all. It's a hot take. Look at the actual number of kids that get free meals and ask yourself if we are even in the realm of a workable solution. Whose paying for transport, aren't we still buying the food through tax breaks, does McDonalds want to add the necessary staff to coordinate all these giveaways. There are just a few holes.

  2. #2147
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    30,368
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    No one is forcing foods. This would be the option if children are not being fed at home. In that instance, the parents donít get a choice on healthy vs non healthy, especially given the costs. Any food is healthier than no food. Thatís a given and if itís a free option, itís a good one.
    I've never seen someone so angry at the prospect of feeding children food.

  3. #2148
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    42,012
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    No one is forcing foods. This would be the option if children are not being fed at home. In that instance, the parents donít get a choice on healthy vs non healthy, especially given the costs. Any food is healthier than no food. Thatís a given and if itís a free option, itís a good one.
    Any food it better then no food. A relatively healthy option is better then a unhealthy option but they are different products so you do a cost benefit analysis. No one has actually done that but you come down strongly on the side McDonald's. Its almost like you work for them. You know a banana cost less then a small bag of Doritos?
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  4. #2149
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Any food it better then no food. A relatively healthy option is better then a unhealthy option but they are different products so you do a cost benefit analysis. No one has actually done that but you come down strongly on the side McDonald's. Its almost like you work for them. You know a banana cost less then a small bag of Doritos?
    McDonalds serves about 68 million people in the us per day, 25 million kids qualify for free lunches.

  5. #2150
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,787
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I've never seen someone so angry at the prospect of feeding children food.
    How am I angry when youíre the one trying to deny children a free burgers because they need to eat steamed veggies and soy milk instead?

  6. #2151
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    42,012
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    McDonalds serves about 68 million people in the us per day, 25 million kids qualify for free lunches.
    Sorry I don't see why this is relevant?
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #2152
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,787
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Any food it better then no food. A relatively healthy option is better then a unhealthy option but they are different products so you do a cost benefit analysis. No one has actually done that but you come down strongly on the side McDonald's. Its almost like you work for them. You know a banana cost less then a small bag of Doritos?
    I realize this is all hypothetical but my original idea was to work this out with large corporations to attempt to get children free meals. In my stupid hypothetical, Doritos would be giving Doritos away to children for free. If Chiquita wants to give free bananas away too, so be it, give the kids bananas. However, I also realize most corporations are not going to do this so it may be difficult to get everything we want on our wish list. In other words, kids that are starving may have to tolerate the evilness that is McDonalds and eat a free burger despite it not being the most healthy option.

  8. #2153
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    30,368
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    How am I angry when youíre the one trying to deny children a free burgers because they need to eat steamed veggies and soy milk instead?
    Because you are adamant that if we have to give them free food we must serve them garbage. Like why are you so adamant that kids not be fed healthy foods? It comes off as you are angry you have to feed them at all so you're going to feed them the worst crap you can find.

    It's very bizarre.

  9. #2154
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    30,368
    One thing Joey has done though is show why private business shouldn't be the only people in the charity game. Here he is essentially saying that if left to corporations to feed starving kids, we know for a fact starving kids will be given the worst, cheapest possible food. That's the charity they provide: the bare minimum.

  10. #2155
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Sorry I don't see why this is relevant?
    Just attempting to put the problem in context

  11. #2156
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I realize this is all hypothetical but my original idea was to work this out with large corporations to attempt to get children free meals. In my stupid hypothetical, Doritos would be giving Doritos away to children for free. If Chiquita wants to give free bananas away too, so be it, give the kids bananas. However, I also realize most corporations are not going to do this so it may be difficult to get everything we want on our wish list. In other words, kids that are starving may have to tolerate the evilness that is McDonalds and eat a free burger despite it not being the most healthy option.
    Yeah, it's a hot take, we all have them. It's one those things that sound good until you look into the details. Take the McDonalds example. They don't have the waste(let alone edible waste), if they did they likely don't have the space(additional cooler/storage), they need to employ(or the school) someone or a some service to handle the logistics, someone needs to pay for fuel(rural kids also live in poverty), I would hope that we'd at the very least warm these day old burgers and thats equipment and labor. So McDonalds cant do it. So let's bring in all the fast food/snack food companies in to do it. Now you need someone to coordinate a bevy of companies to make this happen, the logistical problems compound, fuel costs increase, and this still needs to be done in a manner that, even if garbage, keeps the food safe to eat.

  12. #2157
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,787
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Because you are adamant that if we have to give them free food we must serve them garbage. Like why are you so adamant that kids not be fed healthy foods? It comes off as you are angry you have to feed them at all so you're going to feed them the worst crap you can find.

    It's very bizarre.
    Iím adamant that if you get something of need for free, you typically take it. In this hypothetical, this is a major corporation that services billions of people. Itís not like Iím suggesting to feed children bugs and cat turds. This is a product that millions of children actually enjoy as well. Iím sorry that itís not good enough for you Scrooge McVeggitarians but the rest of the world enjoys it.

  13. #2158
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,787
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    One thing Joey has done though is show why private business shouldn't be the only people in the charity game. Here he is essentially saying that if left to corporations to feed starving kids, we know for a fact starving kids will be given the worst, cheapest possible food. That's the charity they provide: the bare minimum.
    Yes. Large corporate charities or even corporations fail to match the power of the almighty government when providing for its servants. ďNow eat your veggies like a good boy or weíll cut your daddies welfare check.Ē

  14. #2159
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    90,532
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Iím adamant that if you get something of need for free, you typically take it. In this hypothetical, this is a major corporation that services billions of people. Itís not like Iím suggesting to feed children bugs and cat turds. This is a product that millions of children actually enjoy as well. Iím sorry that itís not good enough for you Scrooge McVeggitarians but the rest of the world enjoys it.
    I'd bet it is probably more expensive to feed them crap food versus things like spaghetti or Mac and Cheese.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  15. #2160
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,787
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Yeah, it's a hot take, we all have them. It's one those things that sound good until you look into the details. Take the McDonalds example. They don't have the waste(let alone edible waste), if they did they likely don't have the space(additional cooler/storage), they need to employ(or the school) someone or a some service to handle the logistics, someone needs to pay for fuel(rural kids also live in poverty), I would hope that we'd at the very least warm these day old burgers and thats equipment and labor. So McDonalds cant do it. So let's bring in all the fast food/snack food companies in to do it. Now you need someone to coordinate a bevy of companies to make this happen, the logistical problems compound, fuel costs increase, and this still needs to be done in a manner that, even if garbage, keeps the food safe to eat.
    I agree itís not a formulated, well constructed idea. It just goes to show how liberals really are- you have to do what we say-or else.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •