Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 161 of 174 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2596

Thread: Ilhan Omar

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    So you are comparing Omar with Martin Luther King, Theodore Roosevelt, Susan B. Anthony, Robert F. Kennedy, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Cesar Chavez and Rachel Carson.

You don't see a difference (other than the fact that they were all born here and probably loved this country) between Omar and the rest of them.

Let me help you out here.

All of the people you mentioned were American heroes who fought to correct inequities in our society that had been in place for years before they were were born or became active in their causes. All of the inequities they fought against made sense sense to the American population and the people had no problems with making the various social adjustments. It wasn't that the general pop were in favor of continuing these social issues, it was that they weren't being thought of in the way that these activists brought them to our attention.

Omar is fighting for things that people already have (thanks in no small part to your little list). The equalities are there, all the freedoms are there etc. The system has pretty much been fixed. So Omar is doing nothing more than taking people that can't seem to make it on their own (for whatever reason) and making a cause out of it when in actuality none exists. I've said this before…some of the most pathetic people are the ones fighting to get what they already have. She is one of those people.

So before you lump her in with Martin Luther King, Theodore Roosevelt, Susan B. Anthony, Robert F. Kennedy, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Cesar Chavez and Rachel Carson (people that actually accomplished something) try thinking it through a little bit.

She should be lumped in with Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson (people that accomplish nothing) more than your group. She fits right in with those who have made race baiting an industry.
    Funny because NOBODY on your side said that any of these people loved their country when they were actively seeking to make change. They were described exactly how you are describing Ilhan now interestingly enough.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

So you are comparing Omar with Martin Luther King, Theodore Roosevelt, Susan B. Anthony, Robert F. Kennedy, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Cesar Chavez and Rachel Carson.

You don't see a difference (other than the fact that they were all born here and probably loved this country) between Omar and the rest of them.

Let me help you out here.

All of the people you mentioned were American heroes who fought to correct inequities in our society that had been in place for years before they were were born or became active in their causes. All of the inequities they fought against made sense sense to the American population and the people had no problems with making the various social adjustments. It wasn't that the general pop were in favor of continuing these social issues, it was that they weren't being thought of in the way that these activists brought them to our attention.

Omar is fighting for things that people already have (thanks in no small part to your little list). The equalities are there, all the freedoms are there etc. The system has pretty much been fixed. So Omar is doing nothing more than taking people that can't seem to make it on their own (for whatever reason) and making a cause out of it when in actuality none exists. I've said this before…some of the most pathetic people are the ones fighting to get what they already have. She is one of those people.

So before you lump her in with Martin Luther King, Theodore Roosevelt, Susan B. Anthony, Robert F. Kennedy, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Cesar Chavez and Rachel Carson (people that actually accomplished something) try thinking it through a little bit.

She should be lumped in with Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson (people that accomplish nothing) more than your group. She fits right in with those who have made race baiting an industry.
    First of all, you can't help me with a damn thing. You are stupider then I am, and that is quite a accomplishment.

Second, if I were lumping Ihan Omar in with that group I would had put her name in there. So you are spinning your wheels on some internal argument in your head that have nothing to do with me.

Third, everyone I mentioned were not treated like American heroes in their time. Even FDR faced down conspiracy to overthrow his presidency by rich business men, and the rich donor class spent my whole lifetime undoing his greatest accomplishment, the New Deal. Theodore's financial policies has been undone by them as well. MLK was on the KKK death list and most politicians on both sides of the fence avoided him for political reasons

The point I was making was these guys weren't loved for pointing out the problems this country had during, for some short, lifetime. It is only in hindsight and when they are dead that they were proclaimed American heroes. It has always been that way, when it comes to social and political leaders that non-whites follows that don't compromise on voicing our fears and hopes.

When it comes to Ilhan Omar, she is small potatoes compare to these guys, but she is still serving her community by pointing out the problems they are having as well as the fears they hold.

You may not like it, but then again she isn't for you or represents you. If she did, she would be totally useless to the people who support her as your opinions are.

Keep clinging to that bs Norman Rockwell Americana fantasy
    Last edited by WES445; 11-22-2019 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Funny because NOBODY on your side said that any of these people loved their country when they were actively seeking to make change. They were described exactly how you are describing Ilhan now interestingly enough.
    Wrong again.

I thing it's pretty obvious that for the most part people on that loved the US. The Roosevelts, Kennedy, MLK, Susan B Anthony…I think that's a safe assumption. Can't say for sure about Carson and Chavez but I would lean towards a yes.

But think what you want.

Wrong again.

I thing it's pretty obvious that for the most part people on that loved the US. The Roosevelts, Kennedy, MLK, Susan B Anthony…I think that's a safe assumption. Can't say for sure about Carson and Chavez but I would lean towards a yes.

But think what you want.
    LOLOLOOLL, you don't know jack crap about history then what you strain through your ignorances

No. I didn't miss it.

Here is how it was posted………

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    “Education is a pathway to greater opportunity and economic security. It is the lynchpin of the American Dream. I am committed to ensuring all Americans have access to an affordable, quality education at every level, from pre-K through college and beyond.”

“Since the founding of this nation, immigrants have been integral to the development and diversity that makes America so unique. Many immigrants and refugees, like myself, have escaped war, oppression and socioeconomic strife in our homelands to seek better opportunities in the United States.”

“The beauty of this country is not that our democracy is perfect. It’s that embedded in our Constitution and democratic institutions are the tools to make it better.“

The post was just thrown out there with no indication as to what it was relating to or who said it. Since I saw it that way and who posted it, I gave it little thought.

I guess we are assuming Omar said it. Great. That is to her credit. It is the first positive thing I have ever read that this woman said about the US. Thanks for letting me know.
    You ceasing your “when has she ever said anything positive about the US” rhetoric is all the thanks I’ll need.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yeah it’s funny because everyone assumes because MLK is so loved today he must have been so loved in his own time, but he was hated by a large segment of the population. He was so hated in fact, someone literally killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    LOLOLOOLL, you don't know jack crap about history then what you strain through your ignorances
    Right. But you do.

Maybe you could inform us all. Let us in on your wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You ceasing your “when has she ever said anything positive about the US” rhetoric is all the thanks I’ll need.
    You're very easy to please.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Yeah it’s funny because everyone assumes because MLK is so loved today he must have been so loved in his own time, but he was hated by a large segment of the population. He was so hated in fact, someone literally killed him.
    MLK was one of the most important Americans in my lifetime.

A true American spirit.

Regardless of that…sadly, there are and always will be loonies around.

And, still, no one can comment on Omar's little tweet about the rich guys being misrepresented by Omar.

Quote Originally Posted by sluggo1 View Post
    wrong again.

I thing it's pretty obvious that for the most part people on that loved the us. The roosevelts, kennedy, mlk, susan b anthony…i think that's a safe assumption. Can't say for sure about carson and chavez but i would lean towards a yes.

But think what you want.
    bwhahahahaha!
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

And, still, no one can comment on Omar's little tweet about the rich guys being misrepresented by Omar.
    I did

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Right. But you do.

Maybe you could inform us all. Let us in on your wisdom.
    I think everyone on this forum try to inform you, but when a horse don't want to drink...

MLK was one of the most important Americans in my lifetime.

A true American spirit.

Regardless of that…sadly, there are and always will be loonies around.
    now that he is dead.

There is no way on God's sweet earth you are going to convince us you were a MLK supporter while he was live. Not with the postings you being dropping. Just the fact you don't acknowledge the hate he received during his life time shows us how out of step you were with his policies.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    now that he is dead.

There is no way on God's sweet earth you are going to convince us you were a MLK supporter while he was live. Not with the postings you being dropping. Just the fact you don't acknowledge the hate he received during his life time shows us how out of step you were with his policies.

Wow! You know so much.

Bold one…since there is no way, I will not even try.

Bold two…when has " the hate he received during his life time" ever popped up in a thread that I participated in?

Bold three…you have no idea as to what you are talking about.