Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 200 of 213 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 3189

Thread: Ilhan Omar

  1. #2986
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    26,747
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Dismantling systems of oppression is an extreme/radical view? Why did you claim she said she wanted to dismantle the US? Why are you now editing her quite to simply dismantle? Is this at all an honest conversation?
    if you can't understand that wanting to completely dismantle both the economic and political systems in America is an extreme radical thing to say, then there is your problem.


    Į\_(ツ)_/Į

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  2. #2987
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    26,747
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Haha, omg special!

    She gave her general approach regarding having a system which caters to citizens rather than private profits. I agree with this idea.

    She hasn't laid out actual specific protocol on how to accomplish that, that will come with time.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    let me know when she comes up with some actual ideas.


    Į\_(ツ)_/Į

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  3. #2988
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    26,747
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Omar is radical!

    Why?

    She said all this stuff!

    No she didn't say that and you even quoted what she actually said without it being in there.

    SHE USED THE WORD DISMANTLING! RADICAL!

    I posted a video of her saying this and some people still can't accept it.

    but not radical, right PSD left.

    rad∑i∑cal

    (especially of change or action) relating to or affecting the fundamental nature of something; far-reaching or thorough.


    Į\_(ツ)_/Į

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  4. #2989
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    32,843
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    let me know when she comes up with some actual ideas.
    Well that's what I'm saying, she brought up the general idea already, and now it takes time to write out specifics.

    Up until this point she has simply mentioned rebuilding the system to be one that serves the people rather than profits. Do you agree with this, or do you oppose it?


    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  5. #2990
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,700
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I posted a video of her saying this and some people still can't accept it.

    but not radical, right PSD left.
    Oh sure, in the sense that every politicians who presents new policy for change is radical then lol. Not in the sense of extreme radical/dangerous or dismantling as you were describing. She is calling for major change sure, "dismantling the whole system of oppression wherever we find it". We should be doing what we can to get rid of oppression shouldn't we? Is your point you are actually for oppression?

    You are either twisting her words (one of your tweets did this at the least) or complaining she said we should dismantle oppression where we find it in the system... So what's the issue then? Like I was getting at in that post you shared something with a tweet that misrepresented it with it and saying dismantle doesn't mean change and that she wanted to dismantle the entire economic/political systems when she was specifically talking about oppression. You ignore that to continue and complain about her as radical because of the word dismantling and that people should agree the word is radical... Again in the sense that every policy calling for change is radical sure but not in the extreme/dangerous sense you or the tweet misrepresenting the actual words in the video try and make it out to be. She just made a pretty normal comment calling for change and fighting oppression while you are choosing to take out of context.

  6. #2991
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,874
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I posted a video of her saying this and some people still can't accept it.

    but not radical, right PSD left.
    Is this like how you posted that the transcripts showed there was no collusion?

  7. #2992
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,523
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    if you can't understand that wanting to completely dismantle both the economic and political systems in America is an extreme radical thing to say, then there is your problem.
    Thatís not what she said. You donít get to stop part way through the sentence and treat that as a complete thought. You keep highlighting the part of a sentence you donít like without addressing the end of the sentence that qualifies her statement.

    And dismantling isnít too radical an idea if we are taking about systems of oppression. Everyone should be for dismantling systems of oppression. Are you not for dismantling systems that oppress people. Are you pro-oppression?

  8. #2993
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,874
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Thatís not what she said. You donít get to stop part way through the sentence and treat that as a complete thought. You keep highlighting the part of a sentence you donít like without addressing the end of the sentence that qualifies her statement.

    And dismantling isnít too radical an idea if we are taking about systems of oppression. Everyone should be for dismantling systems of oppression. Are you not for dismantling systems that oppress people. Are you pro-oppression?
    Not opposed to Omar at all, but just wanted to comment on the bolded ... what is a government system that doesn't involve oppression of someone? It's just about choosing who you are okay oppressing.

  9. #2994
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Not opposed to Omar at all, but just wanted to comment on the bolded ... what is a government system that doesn't involve oppression of someone? It's just about choosing who you are okay oppressing.


    Or making an effort to simply fit into the society you have chosen (or been born into).

  10. #2995
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    12,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    [/B]

    Or making an effort to simply fit into the society you have chosen (or been born into).
    The same could be said about those rebels to the crown, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin.....They should have made an effort to simply fit into the society they were born in.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

  11. #2996
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    12,140
    Susan B. Anthony, Fredrick Douglass and the other abolishionists should have made an effort.

    Life is about change, political systems are always changing, You can't fight change, because it will come either with you or over you. Learn something from King George, the confederate and other people who try to stop it.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

  12. #2997
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,152
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    The same could be said about those rebels to the crown, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin.....They should have made an effort to simply fit into the society they were born in.
    Right!!!

    But let's talk about the here and now.

    In the days of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin there were less than 4 million people and the country was prob about one tenth the size as it is today. People hunted for their food and many grew their own. I think things were a little different.

    So throw that silly comparison out the window.

    The US is a western culture (not a white culture but a western culture) of massive size with 330 million people.. You can either fit in and prosper or fight the system and live in squalor. Frankly, I would think that people would get tired of swimming against the tide.

    But, by all means, do whatever you want.,

  13. #2998
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,152
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Susan B. Anthony, Fredrick Douglass and the other abolishionists should have made an effort.

    Life is about change, political systems are always changing, You can't fight change, because it will come either with you or over you. Learn something from King George, the confederate and other people who try to stop it.
    No. You can't fight change and I don't know anyone who wants to. Even I have accepted change (far more than you might think).

    What screws things up is when you fight to change. This is what is going on now. Forcing change. Forcing issues by a bunch of have-nots that are in the cast minority. That does not work. Never will.

    We constantly hear how Hilly should have been pres due to winning the popular vote. Would all these protesting characters be willing to put the defund police baloney to a popular vote??? Or allow all the "free zones" to be put to a popular vote??? Or reparations be put to a popular vote??? They're all a bunch of hypocrites.

  14. #2999
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    48,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Right!!!

    But let's talk about the here and now.

    In the days of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin there were less than 4 million people and the country was prob about one tenth the size as it is today. People hunted for their food and many grew their own. I think things were a little different.

    So throw that silly comparison out the window.

    The US is a western culture (not a white culture but a western culture) of massive size with 330 million people.. You can either fit in and prosper or fight the system and live in squalor. Frankly, I would think that people would get tired of swimming against the tide.

    But, by all means, do whatever you want.,
    How much does a ďfreeĒ hs education, a good work ethic, and fitting in get you compared to 40 years ago? Maybe itís a lot more then lazy people refusing to fit it?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #3000
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    12,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Right!!!

    But let's talk about the here and now.

    In the days of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin there were less than 4 million people and the country was prob about one tenth the size as it is today. People hunted for their food and many grew their own. I think things were a little different.

    So throw that silly comparison out the window.

    The US is a western culture (not a white culture but a western culture) of massive size with 330 million people.. You can either fit in and prosper or fight the system and live in squalor. Frankly, I would think that people would get tired of swimming against the tide.

    But, by all means, do whatever you want.,
    You confusing yourself. The main theme was "Change". There were old farts like you who fought the change that these people pushed, thus it will be people like you that change rollover. The only alternative is to be more repressive and restrict people rights, but that will last for only to long before the blowback comes.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •