Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 199 of 213 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3189

Thread: Ilhan Omar

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    wanting to dismantle the entire economic and political systems would have a significant impact on America. this might as well be the same thing and everyone should know that. it's stupid to call for dismantling on this level.
    You realize that, whether you think she's calling for it or not, it's not like there's even the remotest chance the 'dismantling' would be like taking that lego skycraper you built totally down to individual pieces and starting over, right? It would be like the people...well you...triggered by defunding the police...it's the severity of the words that are more troubling than the actual requested actions. Dismantling, just like defunding re police, would amount to drastic reforms, but in steps, not let's blow it up and start over completely.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

wanting to dismantle the entire economic and political systems would have a significant impact on America. this might as well be the same thing and everyone should know that. it's stupid to call for dismantling on this level.
    So, did she call for a dismantling of America?

It isnt the same thing, if it was you wouldn't have needed to post the Davis tweet at all. It wasnt quite inflammatory enough on it's own, so we got the davis tweet.

What is the level of dismantling that she is proposing?

what ideas did she give?

simply wanting to dismantle everything is not saying what should specifically replace that.
    She didn't give any ideas, she will get there with time. Let's see what they have to offer before judging wether its good or bad.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I've repeatedly quoted what she said, on video. wanting to dismantle the economic and political systems would be a radical significant impact on America as a whole.
    Exactly, it can potentially significantly improve the lives of tens of millions of americans. It can make this a significantly better country. We should all be striving for that.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Have you considered moving to America so that you can vote and have a real impact?

Not razzing you. Genuinely curious because even if we disagree you are clearly passionately entrenched in American politics and post nothing about Canadian politics, so just curious.
    I would love to move to America, but most of my family are here and I like having family/relatives close.

\_(ツ)_/

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    You realize that, whether you think she's calling for it or not, it's not like there's even the remotest chance the 'dismantling' would be like taking that lego skycraper you built totally down to individual pieces and starting over, right? It would be like the people...well you...triggered by defunding the police...it's the severity of the words that are more troubling than the actual requested actions. Dismantling, just like defunding re police, would amount to drastic reforms, but in steps, not let's blow it up and start over completely.
    she shouldn't be using the word dismantling. that is what she said, and people should be able to agree that using that word is extreme/radical.

\_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    She didn't give any ideas, she will get there with time. Let's see what they have to offer before judging wether its good or bad.

then why did you say this..

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I agree with a lot that she says, her ideas would make this country a much better place. She seems to hold the govt to a much higher standard, these are the types of people we need in govt if we want to keep improving this country.

how can you agree with them, but then say she didn't give any ideas.

I can't say whether I would be for or against her ideas, I would like to see them. I imagine I might not agree, but I've agreed with her before so it could happen again. I need to see the ideas before I can know.

\_(ツ)_/

I would love to move to America, but most of my family are here and I like having family/relatives close.
    Fair enough.

she shouldn't be using the word dismantling. that is what she said, and people should be able to agree that using that word is extreme/radical.
    If I said my team destroyed your team in a baseball game, would you take it literally? Or understand the word choice might be more for effect.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Dismantling systems of oppression is an extreme/radical view? Why did you claim she said she wanted to dismantle the US? Why are you now editing her quite to simply dismantle? Is this at all an honest conversation?

You preach, brother.

lol

then why did you say this..

how can you agree with them, but then say she didn't give any ideas.

I can't say whether I would be for or against her ideas, I would like to see them. I imagine I might not agree, but I've agreed with her before so it could happen again. I need to see the ideas before I can know.
    Haha, omg special!

She gave her general approach regarding having a system which caters to citizens rather than private profits. I agree with this idea.

She hasn't laid out actual specific protocol on how to accomplish that, that will come with time.

Omar is radical!

Why?

She said all this stuff!

No she didn't say that and you even quoted what she actually said without it being in there.

SHE USED THE WORD DISMANTLING! RADICAL!

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    If I said my team destroyed your team in a baseball game, would you take it literally? Or understand the word choice might be more for effect.
    not a good comparison. destroyed would be an exaggeration. wanting something done for what Omar is talking about should not be using words that are an exaggeration. it doesn't help towards a solution to be exaggerating to this level.

\_(ツ)_/