Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Fresh produce is cheaper then frozen crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think that is true.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

What is this thread about anyway????

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I don't think that is true.
    Idk produce is pretty ****ing cheap. I donít about if you serving it to people cause you have to pay someone prepare it but itís definitely cheaper then eating at McDonaldís all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    What is this thread about anyway????
    Everyone is trying to save your tax dollars

Idk produce is pretty ****ing cheap. I donít about if you serving it to people cause you have to pay someone prepare it but itís definitely cheaper then eating at McDonaldís all the time

It can be cheap but like you said, you need someone to prepare it. You also can't store it for long before it turns to waste (unlike frozen food). I think we can agree on it generally being cheaper and healthier to prepare your own food at home though.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    It can be cheap but like you said, you need someone to prepare it. You also can't store it for long before it turns to waste (unlike frozen food). I think we can agree on it generally being cheaper and healthier to prepare your own food at home though.
    Totally. Having to buy stuff all the time and planning probably adds to cost to but do I think people believe fast food is cheaper than making yourself fresh food and itís just not. Not even close if your eating produce.

Lol. What?

Totally. Having to buy stuff all the time and planning probably adds to cost to but do I think people believe fast food is cheaper than making yourself fresh food and itís just not. Not even close if your eating produce.

Nobody believes that fast food is cheaper than making meals at home. They just think it's......fast and convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Is this your idea personally or did you steal it from Lizzie Warren????

Do we just give them the food or do we deliver it, cook it and spoon it in??? Who does the dishes???
    So this crazy idea has a name. Itís called giving a **** about other people. Maybe thatís a little too Christ-like for your taste.

Frozen is actually fresher though. The requirements are strict about how quick they have to freeze everything after harvesting.

The fresh stuff ages through washing, packaging, transport, etc

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Frozen is actually fresher though. The requirements are strict about how quick they have to freeze everything after harvesting.

The fresh stuff ages through washing, packaging, transport, etc

It's a lie though. Fresh produce is typically twice the cost of frozen produce and it has gone through the measures you stated.

Just looked at Walmart for ***** and grins. Fresh produce is almost twice the cost of the frozen variety per ounce. Fresh produce costs a lot more than the frozen variety.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    It's a lie though. Fresh produce is typically twice the cost of frozen produce and it has gone through the measures you stated.

Just looked at Walmart for ***** and grins. Fresh produce is almost twice the cost of the frozen variety per ounce. Fresh produce costs a lot more than the frozen variety.
    Yes , but in this scenario McDonalds is donating all their leftover lunch food and trucking it to schools all ou ver the country. Fresh produce spoils so it may be more readily available. Give the kids spoiled fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Why can't we feed the kids AND feed them healthy food? I don't understand why they are mutually exclusive
    How does that solve the problem of giving restaurants tax breaks to feed our kids their garbage? That way we don't have to spend what we don't collect. These kids, looking for handouts. For shame.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    You are conflating education at school with dieting at school. It would be as if you are saying children must have state of the art technology to learn while at school. In your previous post you mentioned long term healthcare costs as reason to force kids to eat healthy at school. But if they are not receiving the same options at home, the idea the one/two meals at school is going to impact long term healthcare costs is negligible. Unless you are going to control all govt subsidies as ďhealthy optionsĒ then itís not a valid point.

Any teacher/parent will tell you that a childís development in terms of their education is an equal partnership between school and home. For instance, schools these days have common core math which is a completely different way of learning than most parents were taught when in school. Teachers will often ask parents to learn common core if they plan on helping or being a part of their childís math education. However, Iím sure many parents simply teach children math as they were taught in school. Similarly, we can teach children about healthy options but itís up to the parents in the long run. Furthermore, this is about children eating or not eating. Currently, some are not eating and they should change regardless of how outsiders view the option offered if it were free.
    I don't think anyone is against the idea that they should change regardless of how outsiders view the free food. If someone is starving they shouldn't be told not to eat something because it won't be healthy if they haven't eaten in a couple days.

The question is should they change by giving them the cheapest crap food they can or trying to get healthier food even if it costs a little more?

What are yíall actually debating?
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25