Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    99,103

    It Finally happened today

    Ben simmons took an uncontested 3 point shot


    https://streamable.com/rzfcb


    Video above and embiids reaction below.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aktZm8AoQFE

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14,712
    That just popped my.cherry. Mmm baby I'm so wet.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    99,103
    Told everyone... We are basically treating the regular season like practice... I said all year long this when we were using fultz... Wins/losses are meaningless for us... we know the weaknesses and we need them fixed and we have had the season to do it.

    That lack of shooting from Simmons is what, according to Brown, prompted a discussion between the coach and his star point guard in the 24 hours leading up to Sunday's game. Brown, who likes to break Philadelphia's season into thirds, said he and Simmons discussed how they could use the final third of the season -- which began Sunday for the now 36-20 Sixers -- to prepare Simmons for the playoffs.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    18,502
    So Brett Brown decided to wait until the last 3rd of the season to work on Ben Simmonsí biggest issue? That sounds like a great plan!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    18,502
    I must say I love your confidence in thinking heíll magically be able to shoot a 3. This reminds me of when DeRozan started jacking up more 3ís and Raptor fans thought he was getting better when really he was just taking the shots and missing.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,323
    Hahaha, this is definitely thread worthy. Jesus Christ, it was hideous and he missed. Big deal.
    Last edited by JAZZNC; 02-11-2019 at 09:47 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,574
    If it constitutes in Ben getting better then that's great

  8. 02-11-2019, 10:20 AM
    Reason
    not needed

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    MASS
    Posts
    54,662
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Told everyone... We are basically treating the regular season like practice... I said all year long this when we were using fultz... Wins/losses are meaningless for us... we know the weaknesses and we need them fixed and we have had the season to do it.

    That lack of shooting from Simmons is what, according to Brown, prompted a discussion between the coach and his star point guard in the 24 hours leading up to Sunday's game. Brown, who likes to break Philadelphia's season into thirds, said he and Simmons discussed how they could use the final third of the season -- which began Sunday for the now 36-20 Sixers -- to prepare Simmons for the playoffs.
    i know a poster who has been making that point since before the season started. i know a poster who was banging that drum way back when. good to see they are gonna finally prepare and get Ben ready for playoff basketball


    First Sim League Title!

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    MASS
    Posts
    54,662
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfhyX9hBq5M

    what Ben and the rest of the 76ers have to prepare for come playoff time. Look how crazy LBJ was sagging off Ben yesterday. When the game slow down in the playoffs and 76ers have to run the half court offense, this could be a big problem. LBJ is roaming and daring Ben to drive. Good thing they got Tobias, another really good scorer who can score off or on the ball to help this weakness. Dude seems like he has been the missing piece the last 2 games, there offense especially when its running looks unstoppable.

    I cant wait to watch Ben continue to shoot and I hope for Ben and the 76ers he can make a few of these and make the defender come up a little bit and open up the cutting lanes for the rest of that team


    First Sim League Title!

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    36,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfhyX9hBq5M

    what Ben and the rest of the 76ers have to prepare for come playoff time. Look how crazy LBJ was sagging off Ben yesterday. When the game slow down in the playoffs and 76ers have to run the half court offense, this could be a big problem. LBJ is roaming and daring Ben to drive. Good thing they got Tobias, another really good scorer who can score off or on the ball to help this weakness. Dude seems like he has been the missing piece the last 2 games, there offense especially when its running looks unstoppable.

    I cant wait to watch Ben continue to shoot and I hope for Ben and the 76ers he can make a few of these and make the defender come up a little bit and open up the cutting lanes for the rest of that team
    Yeah I don't think Simmons can do anything in a slow down game with LeBron on him. I will give him credit I think he has done a much better job bullying guys to his spots this year. He seems to play a much more physical style, is using some post foot work, and a little jump hook type shot on offense this year. Seems he is able to get to spots he likes against more defenders in the 1/2 court. Still when matched a against a sagging defender he can't bully at all like LeBron I could definitely see his lack of a shot stagnating the Sixers.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    MASS
    Posts
    54,662
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Yeah I don't think Simmons can do anything in a slow down game with LeBron on him. I will give him credit I think he has done a much better job bullying guys to his spots this year. He seems to play a much more physical style, is using some post foot work, and a little jump hook type shot on offense this year. Seems he is able to get to spots he likes against more defenders in the 1/2 court. Still when matched a against a sagging defender he can't bully at all like LeBron I could definitely see his lack of a shot stagnating the Sixers.
    agreed. i have been impressed with that as well. Its not pretty but its getting more effective and thats all that really matters.

    but its also the reason why Embiid has to be at the 3pt line so much lol


    First Sim League Title!

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    36,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    agreed. i have been impressed with that as well. Its not pretty but its getting more effective and thats all that really matters.

    but its also the reason why Embiid has to be at the 3pt line so much lol
    I know people complain about that but if you want to have guys drive the lane sometimes the 7'2 guy can't have 2 feet in the paint. That'd be true even if Simmons could shoot
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    29,410

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    11,252
    I thought this was a thread about MTM losing his virginity..

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    635
    Watching a player as obscenely good as Simmons get nutered simply with a defender backing off like that is just sad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •