Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is XPac Heat A Bad Thing

So just reading the Steph/Becky thread and I want to have a larger discussion about a point made

The term ďX-PacĒ heat.

For those that donít know. Itís that the crowd is booing you so bad because they donít want to see you or want you to go away or not to be involved. Basically being booed for the wrong reasons.

But I want to ask a bigge picture question

Is XPac heat a bad thing?

the boos come across great on TV and the emotion from the fans are real.

I personally like it because I feel it adds to the product the segment and the boos are fun. Rather have an active crowd then a heel who can barely generate any heat.

What about you guys ?

First Sim League Title!

Should call it Vicki Guerrero heat and yeah, it's a good thing because people are engaged. Who cares the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Should call it Vicki Guerrero heat and yeah, it's a good thing because people are engaged. Who cares the reason.
    This is part of the mindset that has hurt WWE. Well "any reaction is a good reaction". No its not. Go away heat the kind of Baron Corbin or Stephanie McMahon makes people change the channel or pause their stream. There's a huge difference between genuine heat where people are engaged (aka Daniel Bryan) and get off my screen heat.

For a period of time, Roman was getting that type of heat and he was the top guy in the company.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-09-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Yes it's bad. It lessens the standard and quality of the product.

"X-pac/Vikki Guerrero heat" is a bad thing. People are not booing the character, they are booing the person who is playing the character. That's not a good thing.
    Screw sabermetics.

Not a good thing at all! You want fans to tune in to see a wrestler triumph or get their comeuppance. You don't want them to turn away.

New column on my site dedicated to WWE
    Competition is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    "X-pac/Vikki Guerrero heat" is a bad thing. People are not booing the character, they are booing the person who is playing the character. That's not a good thing.
    my favorite part of the shows in 2011 was when Vicki would come out. The amount of Boos she got, when she would try to speak into the mic, that made for AMAZING tv.

I much rather have that, than someone like Bobby Lashley or one of my favorites Nakamura who are good heels that cant draw a reaction

First Sim League Title!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTulBqj-1ZI

i'll never understand why fans think the clip above is a bad thing. crowds engaged and this is great TV despite the pure go away heat, this is great

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTulBqj-1ZI

i'll never understand why fans think the clip above is a bad thing. crowds engaged and this is great TV despite the pure go away heat, this is great
    Are you reading the thread at all or are you doing more of looking at it solely from Riv's perspective? Vicki was at least mildly entertaining btw. Corbin, Stephanie, etc are not. Although Vicki's shtick got old after a while too but go away heat isn't a good thing, despite the claims otherwise. WWE likes to convince fans that any reaction is a good reaction. Its not.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-11-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Are you reading the thread at all or are you doing more of looking at it solely from Riv's perspective? Vicki was at least mildly entertaining btw. Corbin, Stephanie, etc are not. Although Vicki's shtick got old after a while too but go away heat isn't a good thing, despite the claims otherwise. WWE likes to convince fans that any reaction is a good reaction. Its not.
    i asked a question

now im providing why i like it

id personally rather have Baron Corbin have xpac heat making the tv for me better than baron coming out with no reaction at all. at least when he was getting the xpac heat it made him a more interesting character then when fans are just sitting on their hands and watching Corbin being bored.

If you dont like it, thats great, you are right to have that opinion

i like it and i provided why and i am right to have that opinion

whats the problem?
    Last edited by Rivera; 02-11-2019 at 04:02 PM.

First Sim League Title!

i asked a question

now im providing why i like it

id personally rather have Baron Corbin have xpac heat making the tv for me better than baron coming out with no reaction at all. at least when he was getting the xpac heat it made him a more interesting character then when fans are just sitting on their hands and watching Corbin being bored.

If you dont like it, thats great, you are right to have that opinion

i like it and i provided why and i am right to have that opinion

whats the problem?
    You said "I'll never understand why fans think said example of go away heat is a bad thing" when there have been pretty cogent arguments in this thread that have said otherwise. You want to take the stand that any reaction is a good one, fine, but the more things that are on your airwaves that you dont want to watch means you're more likely to turn it off and it lessens the quality of the overall product.

What's so difficult to understand about that? Not everyone falls under the vein of any reaction is good reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You said "I'll never understand why fans think said example of go away heat is a bad thing" when there have been pretty cogent arguments in this thread that have said otherwise. You want to take the stand that any reaction is a good one, fine, but the more things that are on your airwaves that you dont want to watch means you're more likely to turn it off and it lessens the quality of the overall product.

What's so difficult to understand about that? Not everyone falls under the vein of any reaction is good reaction.
    thats okay that i dont understand why fans think xpac heat is a bad thing when i think its good thing

i know what the term is, and obviously people think its a bad thing, when i watch on tv i like it so i think its a good thing

so i dont understand

whats so difficult to understand about that?

are you just trying to argue with me for no reason? maybe you should just ignore my posts

First Sim League Title!

thats okay that i dont understand why fans think xpac heat is a bad thing when i think its good thing

i know what the term is, and obviously people think its a bad thing, when i watch on tv i like it so i think its a good thing

so i dont understand

whats so difficult to understand about that?

are you just trying to argue with me for no reason? maybe you should just ignore my posts
    You said you don't understand why fans don't like it. That shouldn't be hard to understand and not everyone agrees with you or the WWE that every reaction is a good one. I think that's been explained in this thread by fans who dont like seeing Stephanie or Corbin on their screen. Anything that makes you want to turn off the product isn't a good thing.

Was Vicki "go away" heat? I don't think so. She was just fun to boo because of her character and annoying high-pitched squealing. I think the fans respected her as a great heel.

I see where Riv is coming from because even I thought about this. "X-pac heat" is probably the only way for heels to get booed now because the business is so exposed. I think in the end, it's probably bad because it causes fans to "go into business for themselves" and crap on matches with distracting chants and beach balls which pisses the wrestlers off.

Man, it's so long ago now. It's crazy. But what I remember about Vicki was at first she got X-Pac heat. Then she became a legit heel. I could be wrong though. We're talking over 10 years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast