Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Prison and legal system reform

Figured we could use a place to discuss prison and legal system reforms.

I found this piece an interesting snapshot of part of the problem:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ase-loads.html

I been to jail once. My experience was embarrassing. I talked too much while they were processing my bail so they put me in solitary. Made me crazy as hell to be locked up for 3 hours. Never going back! I am reformed.

Per the article. No surprise but still surprising it can be that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dugmet; 02-08-2019 at 03:55 AM.
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.” -- Teddy Roosevelt

Damn, my boy was in solitary over 6 months.

You can kinda tell
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I prefer solitary. I'm in a room with the smartest, funniest person I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Solitary would be so legit. No work, get to read and sleep. I’m bout to throw myself into jail just at the thought of it.

Yankees Farm System

You guys are tripping..

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

This issue remains one of the few things that people here seem to broadly be in agreement about. Criminal justice reform is needed. Though Trump is brutalizing immigrants in one of the more heinous examples of cruelty in our criminal justice system, he's pretended to care about the issue in regards to citizens and thus, his fans here have given lip service to support for it as well. I feel like a thread like this pops up every 3-4 months and I don't really have a whole lot to say, but in my opinion it is one of the most important issues Democratic voters should be concerning themselves about. And in that context, I think this Intercept article re: Kamala Harris' history as a prosecutor is an essential read for any informed voter.

https://theintercept.com/2019/02/07/...ttorney-crime/

Briana Joy also wrote an article with a more philosophical tone.

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/20/...-lives-matter/

Simply put, we can not pretend to be the beacon of freedom and democracy when at every opportunity we can, we seek to lock people up. I think Harris is making a mostly good-faith effort to move left, but I'll remain forever skeptical of someone who has long shown that exact attitude: lock everyone up. The purity test thing gets talked about a lot, but like...we all should have our established bars to clear. She's gotta a lot of 'splainin to do before I'll be comfortable supporting her.

Biden is even worse. A horrific history in regards to crime and punishment.
    PSD'S RESIDENT BERNIE BROTHER

That just says you need to get out more and meet new people.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    This issue remains one of the few things that people here seem to broadly be in agreement about. Criminal justice reform is needed. Though Trump is brutalizing immigrants in one of the more heinous examples of cruelty in our criminal justice system, he's pretended to care about the issue in regards to citizens and thus, his fans here have given lip service to support for it as well. I feel like a thread like this pops up every 3-4 months and I don't really have a whole lot to say, but in my opinion it is one of the most important issues Democratic voters should be concerning themselves about. And in that context, I think this Intercept article re: Kamala Harris' history as a prosecutor is an essential read for any informed voter.

https://theintercept.com/2019/02/07/...ttorney-crime/

Briana Joy also wrote an article with a more philosophical tone.

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/20/...-lives-matter/

Simply put, we can not pretend to be the beacon of freedom and democracy when at every opportunity we can, we seek to lock people up. I think Harris is making a mostly good-faith effort to move left, but I'll remain forever skeptical of someone who has long shown that exact attitude: lock everyone up. The purity test thing gets talked about a lot, but like...we all should have our established bars to clear. She's gotta a lot of 'splainin to do before I'll be comfortable supporting her.

Biden is even worse. A horrific history in regards to crime and punishment.
    Reason also did a really good take on her time as California AG.

Yeah, I think she's full of ****, I think she'll wind up being a female Obama (in the worst ways for Liberals) by that I mean, she'll talk a big progressive game, but she'll govern like a centrist, she caved to banks when she was AG, I don't see anything that makes me think she's changed her position.

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Solitary would be so legit. No work, get to read and sleep. I’m bout to throw myself into jail just at the thought of it.

I couldn’t do solitary but I could do prison if they brought in hookers every once in a while. If they just brought in hookers twice a month jail would be great. No work, they feed you, you get hang out in the yard, work out all day

Last edited by ewing; 02-09-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I couldn’t do solitary but I could do prison if they brought in hookers every once in a while. If they just brought in hookers twice a month jail would be great. No work, they feed you, you get hang out in the yard, work out all day

They allow hookers in Nevada don't they? Maybe that's a business opportunity we can explore.
    Yankees Farm System

Haha, true, but no women kinda makes that all moot

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Haha, true, but no women kinda makes that all moot
    Prison violence and recidivism are real problems. I got a solution. Hookers twice a month would make prisons productive as ****. I think people would come out better

Last edited by ewing; 02-09-2019 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

14. 02-09-2019, 04:17 PM
    Reason
    Not appropriate - Rush

Prison violence and recidivism are real problems. I got a solution. Hookers twice a month would make prisons productive as ****. I think people would come out better
    No non-violent criminals in prison. Prison should focus on behavior and education. There should be no prison labor. There should be no mandatory minimums.

No non-violent criminals in prison. Prison should focus on behavior and education. There should be no prison labor. There should be no mandatory minimums.
    Then how do you deter someone from commiting crimes? Tell them they can get out after a few days of not commiting crimes?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast