Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Kings trade Shumpert to Houston; receive Alec Burks from Cavs in 3 team deal

Cleveland will send Alec Burks to the Kings, and Rockets send Brandon Knight, Marquese Chriss and a protected first to Cavaliers, sources tell ESPN.
    So Cleveland gets: Chriss + Knight + Hou 1st.

Kings: Burks + 2nd from Cleve

Hou: Shumpert

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1093313769894223872
    Last edited by sacgiants1213; 02-06-2019 at 09:04 PM.

“My team is a super team, just young.” - Kings GM Vlade Divac. June 21, 2018

Immediate implication:

Bogdan goes to starting lineup. Burks replaces Bogdan's firepower off bench.

Kings lose leader, gain better shooting.

Long term implication: Well the Kings now have 10 2nd round picks in the next 3 years.

Also Burks is a FA after this season so Kings basically traded expiring for expiring. No real serious long term consequence here.

So... we did the for a second rounder?

I will give it a chance but I would prefer the Kings make the playoffs this season compared to gaining a 2nd rounder. I felt Shump was a reason we are doing good. His defense tonight will be missed against James Harden.

Shump was huge for us, our dog on the court.
    BUT, he most likely was going to leave via FA next year and we got Burks/draft pick instead of nothing.

Barnes for Justin Jackson & ZBo

Woo!!!

Per Woj, Amick

Shump trade looks a lot better after the Barnes trade.

So I guess we got:

Fox / Yogi
    Buddy / Burks
    Barnes / Bogdan
    Bejlicia / Bagley
    WCS / Giles

I think the Kings knew they were getting Barnes and they didn't think Shump would want to come off bench? Just speculation.

My initial reaction was befuddlement. Now after the Barnes trade, its makes a lot more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol