Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

2019 Off-Season Discussion News, Trades, Signings

Welcome to the Off-Season. The worst time of the year. Good thing is the combine starts in a few weeks then we'll be right into the draft followed by Mini camp then Training camp. Any offseason news, trades FA signings can be talked here. Few important dates listed below:

Feb. 19: The franchise/transition period begins.
    Feb. 26-March 4: The scouting combine comes to Indianapolis
    March 5: The deadline for franchise/transition tags hits at 4 p.m. ET
    March 11-13: The free-agent negotiation period opens
    March 13: Now it's official. Flip the calendars because the new league year begins. At 4 p.m. ET, all teams must be under the league's salary-cap ceiling, projected to be between $187 million and $191.1 million.
    March 24-27: Ah, the annual league meeting. With the gathering in Phoenix, owners will hold their primary meeting of the year.
    April 1: The first offseason workouts take place. The NFL's eight teams with new head coaches can begin their offseason programs.
    April 15: The NFL's remaining 24 teams can begin workouts
    April 25-27: It's draft time! Nashville, Tennessee, is the site for the 2019 event, which for the first time will be telecast on ABC, ESPN and the NFL Network.
    May 3-6, 10-13: Teams can host a three-day rookie minicamp on one of these two weekends. Draft picks, undrafted rookies, tryout players and select first-year players can all participate.
    May 20-22: The spring owners meeting, to be held in Key Biscayne, Florida, often cleans up leftovers remaining from the March meeting.
    June 2: This is the key salary-cap date. Teams can lessen the salary-cap blow of players they release by designating them as post-June 1 cuts.
    July 15: Teams and franchise-tag players have until 4 p.m. ET to reach agreements on multiyear contracts. If they don't, the only option for playing in 2019 is under the one-year terms of the tag.
    Mid-July: The first training camps open. The CBA allows teams to open full-squad training camp up to 15 days before their first preseason game.
    Aug. 1: Football returns with the Hall of Fame Game.
    Yankees, Eagles, Sixers, NYRangers

ab + bell for the jets 1st rounder. jamal adams is with me. use the transition tag on bell for leverage.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nfl/n...y1fu7rd7uq8dxe

Falcons with the first cut of the off-season with CB Robert Alford. They're strapped for money, he's mediocre, and he's over 30. No brainer.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...agents-in-2019

Jason Fitzgerald projecting Bell to get a 4 year $60 mil with $33 mil gtd.

Bell turned down a 5 year $70 mil deal with $33 mil gtd according to Rapaport that had the same AAV as what Fitzgerald is projecting.

So much for that massive guarantee and $17mil AAV huh? Since the guarantees are the same and the AAV was $15mil.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...agents-in-2019

Jason Fitzgerald projecting Bell to get a 4 year $60 mil with $33 mil gtd.

Bell turned down a 5 year $70 mil deal with $33 mil gtd according to Rapaport that had the same AAV as what Fitzgerald is projecting.

So much for that massive guarantee and $17mil AAV huh? Since the guarantees are the same and the AAV was $15mil.
    I'm betting it's closer to 4 years, 80M, half guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'm betting it's closer to 4 years, 80M, half guaranteed.
    I don’t see it. More and more reports are coming that teams are concerned about his red flags.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I don’t see it. More and more reports are coming that teams are concerned about his red flags.
    I don't doubt that, but there's enough teams with a **** ton of money to play with, I think as long as he's willing to play for a bad team he'll get close to 20M/season.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I don't doubt that, but there's enough teams with a **** ton of money to play with, I think as long as he's willing to play for a bad team he'll get close to 20M/season.
    Would a bad team offer that kind of money?
    Well, there's the Raiders I guess...
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Colts hired Former OL Coach Howard Mudd as Offensive Assistant. Should be good fit for the young OL.

“My team is a super team, just young.” - Kings GM Vlade Divac. June 21, 2018

https://medium.com/@adam.moelis/how-...l-8cf37c4f0090

Perhaps McVay isn't a genius as he made a fairly basic error with his timeout usage that may have cost the Rams the game.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Julio Jones turns 30 years old today. His 10,731 career receiving yards are the most by any player by the time he turned 30 in NFL history.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    https://medium.com/@adam.moelis/how-...l-8cf37c4f0090

Perhaps McVay isn't a genius as he made a fairly basic error with his timeout usage that may have cost the Rams the game.
    Not only is that a horrible mistake, but McVay literally did the exact same thing against the Eagles in week 16. It may have cost them that game as well. I pointed it out on another forum when it happened then, but apparently the Rams coaching staff doesn't read my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownPacerFan View Post
    Not only is that a horrible mistake, but McVay literally did the exact same thing against the Eagles in week 16. It may have cost them that game as well. I pointed it out on another forum when it happened then, but apparently the Rams coaching staff doesn't read my posts.
    I don't think they do.

Continuing saga of the soap opera that is Antonio Brown, he’s now filing for sole custody of his daughter from the woman that the domestic disturbance is with.
    Mr. Brown reacted appropriately and without and incidia of violence the Mother inappropriately involved their minor child by creating an unnecessary scene at Mr. Brown’s residence wherein she demanded funds from Mr. Brown, despite the fact that he provides substantial financial child support to the Mother.

“The Mother recently sought, and was Denied, additional child support by the Court as it properly found that the substantial child support paid by Mr. Brown cover their child’s needs. Given the egregiousness of the Mother’s recent actions, Mr. Brown has taken legal action this week to ensure that his daughter is protected by seeking majority timesharing and decision-making authority.

“Mr. Brown loves his daughter and the recent unwarranted press in connection with the Mother’s appalling actions is a travesty for his daughter, who remains and will always be his first and foremost priority”.
    Seems like that domestic disturbance is just the start of issues caused.

PROCESSING

Pats are going to start off with about $18M of cap space. Dwayne Allen ($7.4M savings) and Adrian Clayborn ($4M) are easy calls to cut.

Gronk and D. McCourty have talked about retirement and if they do go through with it the saving grace or losing two great players is pretty sizable cap savings at least.

Dont’a Hightower is a candidate for a pay cut or restructure to free up some money too.

Biggest FAs is DE Trey Flowers. It’d be pretty crushing to lose him and would leave a huge hole to fill.

Next biggest is LT Trent Brown. He played great but we do have a 1st rounder Isaiah Wynn coming back from injury. They could also cut RT Marcus Cannon to free up $4.7M towards re-signing Brown (with Wynn taking over at RT instead of LT). I think we’re in ok shape here whether we keep Brown or not, putting trust that Wynn is at least solid like every other first round pick BB has made.

After that we have J. McCourty as a FA who has talked about retirement. He played awesome but Gilmore is a legit stud and JC Jackson was awesome as well. So we still have 2 great CBs. Then J. Jones has been a serviceable slot (unsung SB contributor this year after missing last year’s). Duke Dawson, 2nd rounder last year, got hurt and then was inactive after being activated but should be able to fight for playing time too. Again, I think we’re in ok shape here.

Then we have DTs Malcolm Brown and Danny Shelton, WRs Doresett, Hogan, Patterson as FAs as well. All contributed but none are irreplaceable.

Pats have an extra 2nd from CHI and are expected to get a comp 3rd to go with their own top 4 picks and 3 7ths (no 5th or 6th). That’s pretty solid high draft pick capital to fill some of those lesser needs.

All in all, unless Brady falls off a cliff, no reason to believe NE won’t be right back in the hunt next year.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast