Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 387886878889 LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1324
    Nice article from Barrows in the athletic regarding OTA's. For those who don't have access, I'll just list the guys that are not expected to be active now and will be held back until Training camp, b/c of injuries suffered in 2018.

RB - Mckinnon.
    LB - Alexander.
    G - Laken Tomlinson
    C - Weston Richburg
    S - Tartt. Barrows stated he shows no ill effects from last years injury.
    CB - DJ Reed (off season surgery for labrum tear)
    LB - Al Shair. Barrows wrote he's the most talented player among the undrafted players, but will be on non-football injury list to start the year.
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

Some good things...

This team is far deeper than the two years previous, probably good enough to overcome injuries.

Deebo and Jordan Matthews have been the two that have impressed in OTA's, which is good to hear. Although I didn't like the pick, looks like I might be wrong on Deebo.
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Some good things...

This team is far deeper than the two years previous, probably good enough to overcome injuries.

Deebo and Jordan Matthews have been the two that have impressed in OTA's, which is good to hear. Although I didn't like the pick, looks like I might be wrong on Deebo.
    Thank you

Iím pretty excited to see what Welker can do with this WR crew. The idea of giving Jimmy quick WRís who can run after the catch makes sense.

NaVorro Bowman retired as a 49er today. If he didn't have the injury problems he could had been one of the best.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/f...t-2018-season/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

49ers gave Joe Staley a two year extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    49ers gave Joe Staley a two year extension.
    Couldn't be happier, Joe is just an all around great player/person to have.

Staley deserves that extension but we are going to have to cut somewhere else

@lombardihimself:If Staleyís 2020 salary cap hit is north of $10 million, as we expect it to be, that means that the 49ers are down to only about $13 million of 2020 salary cap space (OTC). Thatís before 2019 carryover is added and some contracts are cut, yes, but gives idea of coming maneuvering

Quote Originally Posted by D1JM View Post
    Staley deserves that extension but we are going to have to cut somewhere else

@lombardihimself:If Staleyís 2020 salary cap hit is north of $10 million, as we expect it to be, that means that the 49ers are down to only about $13 million of 2020 salary cap space (OTC). Thatís before 2019 carryover is added and some contracts are cut, yes, but gives idea of coming maneuvering
    If only someone here had been talking about that for awhile now.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    If only someone here had been talking about that for awhile now.
    Lefty?

Quote Originally Posted by D1JM View Post
    Lefty?
    Haha no, yours truly when the whole ET signing didnt happen because of the guaranteed money he wanted. We've got in house guys to sign and a shrinking cap situation. Kittles gonna break the TE ceiling if he continues, and Buck is gonna get substantial money with another good season.

Haha no, yours truly when the whole ET signing didnt happen because of the guaranteed money he wanted. We've got in house guys to sign and a shrinking cap situation. Kittles gonna break the TE ceiling if he continues, and Buck is gonna get substantial money with another good season.
    i

I was joking lol. Yeah we got To give little an extension after this season. I was part of the people that wanted ET but with Moore switching back to FS, I am more at ease.

Break the ceiling, that mutha gonna need a new house if he keeps hitting 1000 yd seasons. He will be the highest paid TE for sure.
    RUN AS ONE
    ITS THE ROCKETS TIME 2 SHINE
    2019 NBA CHAMPION ROCKETS (COMING TO AN ARENA NEAR YOU)

The biggest takeaway from minicamp to me was that the defense has changed more than originally thought. We scrapped the SAM and basically just have 3 off ball LBís, where only the MLB has a bit of a different role as the play caller. Warner and Alexander(if healthy) are slated in two of the starting spots but that 3rd starter could be an interesting battle heading into TC. Elijah played well last year and had a good minicamp, Greenlaw was drafted ahead of other needs and has been practicing with the starters, and Malcolm Smith is a solid veteran that took a pay cut to return. Personally, Iím rooting for Greenlaw. With us removing the SAM our D-line will have to do more edge setting, by lining up wider which fits our personnel quite well. The other big change to our D is the safeties playing a more interchangeable role that would seem to fit Colbert and Tartt the best of the safeties on our roster, but I love moving Moore there whoís the best single high FS on the roster imo. Also, itís not a change, but Ahkello has been getting rave reviews so far and Iíve long believed he can be an above average starter for us for years to come. Hopefully he beats out Verrett for the starting job, but it is nice to have him as an insurance policy, I just hope Spoon isnít pulled after his first mistake because of it. Health permitting, which is a big question with our team, the defense could take a huge step forward this year.

Hey not sure if you guys know but Adrian Colbert streams on twitch. If you find his twitter he links his stream when he is on. He is playing Blackout right now.
    I BELIEVE IN JIMMY G

Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 387886878889 LastLast