Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879
Results 1,171 to 1,182 of 1182
  1. #1171
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    26,052
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Damn this week is the nfl draft, avengers, and Game of Thrones. Be safe everyone so you don't miss out!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'm going to miss the draft at a pinewood derby. Ack.

  2. #1172
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    30,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    The second round is two early to take a second TE (unless by some miracle Hockenson were to fall) in my opinion. Shanahan loves having a FB on the field and we have the best FB in the league. He's not going to use the second TE enough to warrant passing on a WR in the second round. I think that it's much more likely that they target someone like Josh Oliver, Jace Sternberger, or Kaden Smith early on day three of the draft.
    Use him more like a receiver than a TE
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  3. #1173
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    30,959
    Ht 6'4 - 6'4
    40 4.5 - 4.5
    Bench 18 - 20
    Vert 34.5 - 39.5
    Broad 126 - 127
    20 yd shuttle 4.21 - 4.22
    60yd shuttle 11.46 - 11.49
    3 cone 4.21 - 4.22

    One of these is Noah Fant. Guess who the other is
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  4. #1174
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,652
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Use him more like a receiver than a TE
    Why not just draft a WR then?

  5. #1175
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,652
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Ht 6'4 - 6'4
    40 4.5 - 4.5
    Bench 18 - 20
    Vert 34.5 - 39.5
    Broad 126 - 127
    20 yd shuttle 4.21 - 4.22
    60yd shuttle 11.46 - 11.49
    3 cone 4.21 - 4.22

    One of these is Noah Fant. Guess who the other is
    Kittle?

  6. #1176
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    30,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Kittle?
    AJ Green

    Fant would abuse corners, run by linebackers and safeties. He lined up at receiver at Iowa also. Ran all the routes. I could see him playing receiver, HB, TE, lining up in the slot. He can literally do it all
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  7. #1177
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,652
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    AJ Green

    Fant would abuse corners, run by linebackers and safeties. He lined up at receiver at Iowa also. Ran all the routes. I could see him playing receiver, HB, TE, lining up in the slot. He can literally do it all
    I'd rather get a good WR in round two and Oliver or Sternberger in round four.

  8. #1178
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,144
    The 49ers have one of the best tight ends in the game. Maybe last season was an anomaly, but the guy broke records while having three different quarterbacks throwing to him. Teams knew he was the only weapon the 49ers had and he still put up great numbers. So I'm not sure I would spend an early draft pick on one and would much rather have a receiver.

    I like Deebo Samuel but at 5'11, he's pretty much like most of the wide receivers currently on the roster. I want a prototypical big receiver like JJ Arcega-Whiteside or N'Keal Harry. The redzone remained a problem last season and they need a big target. They didn't have anyone they could just throw the ball up to.

    I wouldn't be opposed to taking a tight end in the later rounds and I think there are some Kittle-type gems that can be had. CJ Conrad out of Kentucky is a guy I really like and could be a 5th rounder.

  9. #1179
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    26,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Why not just draft a WR then?
    Because Fant is devalued right now, and theoretically with Kittle the 49ers have inside information.

  10. #1180
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    26,052
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    The 49ers have one of the best tight ends in the game. Maybe last season was an anomaly, but the guy broke records while having three different quarterbacks throwing to him. Teams knew he was the only weapon the 49ers had and he still put up great numbers. So I'm not sure I would spend an early draft pick on one and would much rather have a receiver.

    I like Deebo Samuel but at 5'11, he's pretty much like most of the wide receivers currently on the roster. I want a prototypical big receiver like JJ Arcega-Whiteside or N'Keal Harry. The redzone remained a problem last season and they need a big target. They didn't have anyone they could just throw the ball up to.

    I wouldn't be opposed to taking a tight end in the later rounds and I think there are some Kittle-type gems that can be had. CJ Conrad out of Kentucky is a guy I really like and could be a 5th rounder.
    The need for a receiver who is big and can high point balls in the red zone would be filled by Fant too though. The problem is that the big fast guys with skills who are marked as WR on their college rosters are gone in the top 10 picks most years while a very similar skill set and size player labeled TE drop further down.

    I asked the question because Fant's inherent talent is far better than his likely draft position. Apparently he's been making a recovery and has been moving up so he may not be there in the 2nd round anyhow ... but if he was there he'd be potentially the best value on the board.

  11. #1181
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    30,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The need for a receiver who is big and can high point balls in the red zone would be filled by Fant too though. The problem is that the big fast guys with skills who are marked as WR on their college rosters are gone in the top 10 picks most years while a very similar skill set and size player labeled TE drop further down.

    I asked the question because Fant's inherent talent is far better than his likely draft position. Apparently he's been making a recovery and has been moving up so he may not be there in the 2nd round anyhow ... but if he was there he'd be potentially the best value on the board.
    He can literally be on the field in any set. Idc about Juice. Hes not going to prevent me from taking a guy like Fant who can come out of the backfield, line up as a wide receiver out wide or in the slot and obviously can line up at TE. He can split out wide for jump balls in the red zone as well.

    I wouldnt take Fant over guys like Harry or AJ Brown, but I would over any of the other 2nd round guys. And huge offensive weapon, exactly what we need to add to our offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  12. #1182
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,411
    Right now my ideal draft would be:

    Nick Bosa goes number one to AZ, so then we trade down with the Raiders and get 4, 24 and a 2020 third round pick

    We draft Williams at 4...we then trade Buckner for a 2nd round pick (I don't want to pay him around $18 million per season and rather just draft a suitable cost efficient replacement)

    At 24 we draft AJ Brown, with our first 2nd round pick we draft Chase Winovich, with our second 2nd round pick we try to draft a safety, maybe Juan Thornhill and with our third round pick we draft a corner like David Long

    So our defensive line on passing situations would be what...Winovich, Armstead/Thomas, Williams, Ford...I think this line will generate close to the amount of pressures a line boasting Bosa/Buckner would but at a reduced cost

    I doubt this happens but I just think this will help add depth to our oft-injured secondary, make upgrades to our receiving core, will have a more cost efficient defensive line, get an extra draft pick for 2020 and have cap flexibility to make upgrades at offensive line

Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •