Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3979878889
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1335
  1. #1321
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,790
    Niners Nation asked who would you put on the "Mount Rushmore" of 49ers pass rushers. Here's my list. What's yours?

    Charles Haley
    Bryant Young
    Cedrick Hardman
    Justin Smith

  2. #1322
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    7,370
    Fred Dean
    Charles Haley
    Bryant Young


    The 4th is tough. There weren't many great ones that stayed a long time. I liked Rickey Jackson, Tim Harris, Stubby wasn't here long enough even in his return... This is a tough one. I'm gonna abstain from #4.
    It's time to start winning right?

    Playoffs and Championship droughts...


    SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

  3. #1323
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,266
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Fred Dean
    Charles Haley
    Bryant Young


    The 4th is tough. There weren't many great ones that stayed a long time. I liked Rickey Jackson, Tim Harris, Stubby wasn't here long enough even in his return... This is a tough one. I'm gonna abstain from #4.
    Though we only had him for 3 of his twighlight years, Chris Doleman was pretty damn good for us.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”

    - Carl Sagan


  4. #1324
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,790
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Fred Dean
    Charles Haley
    Bryant Young


    The 4th is tough. There weren't many great ones that stayed a long time. I liked Rickey Jackson, Tim Harris, Stubby wasn't here long enough even in his return... This is a tough one. I'm gonna abstain from #4.
    Fred Dean was only here for 5 seasons (and one of those was just a partial season), so you seem to be inconsistently applying the "time here" standard.

  5. #1325
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,914
    Welp, players report Friday, and Deebo and Bosa have yet to sign(they both belong to the same agency), but Mcglinchy and Pettis signed late in the process last year. Not going to panic, but it’d be ideal to have these deals done sooner rather than later so they’re not behind the learning curve, there’s also some extra concern considering Joey held out long enough to miss games his rookie year which is the last thing we want, obviously. Hopefully Paraag and co. can get things ironed out before Friday to avoid any distractions with two players who we need to be significant contributors year one.
    Last edited by CodeRed; 07-22-2019 at 09:50 PM.

  6. #1326
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    27,913
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    Welp, players report Friday, and Deebo and Bosa have yet to sign(they both belong to the same agency), but Mcglinchy and Pettis signed late in the process last year. Not going to panic, but it’d be ideal to have these deals done sooner rather than later so they’re not behind the learning curve, there’s also some extra concern considering Joey held out long enough to miss games his rookie year which is the last thing we want, obviously. Hopefully Paraag and co. can get things ironed out before Friday to avoid any distractions with two players who we need to be significant contributors year one.
    If they haven't signed it's a major black mark on the front office.

  7. #1327
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    28,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    If they haven't signed it's a major black mark on the front office.
    Not really. CAA is notorious for this with their draft picks. They fight against offset language and other common things like crazy.

  8. #1328
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,914
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Not really. CAA is notorious for this with their draft picks. They fight against offset language and other common things like crazy.
    The agency and the fact that Pettis and Mcglinchy signed so close to training camp last year give me a little relief. But I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little concerned with Bosa after his brothers situation a couple years ago.

    ''Sig by Johnle''

  9. #1329
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    28,002
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    The agency and the fact that Pettis and Mcglinchy signed so close to training camp last year give me a little relief. But I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little concerned with Bosa after his brothers situation a couple years ago.
    I think Paragg has earned trust by now lol

  10. #1330
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    27,913
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I think Paragg has earned trust by now lol
    They need to work it out. It's not about trust.

    I do love that agents don't like the 49ers because they get the best of them consistently.

  11. #1331
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Posts
    27,351


    #MakeAmericaPeeAgain

  12. #1332
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Posts
    27,351


    #MakeAmericaPeeAgain

  13. #1333
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    28,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    They need to work it out. It's not about trust.

    I do love that agents don't like the 49ers because they get the best of them consistently.
    I mean trust from fans.

  14. #1334
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,790
    Red, time to lock this thread down and start a training camp thread.

  15. #1335
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    28,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Red, time to lock this thread down and start a training camp thread.
    You got it.

Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3979878889

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •