Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Btw, I highly doubt Adderly will be there in the 2nd round. If youíre looking for a FS in the second round Deionte Thompson is the most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Christmas View Post
    Signings I love:
    Dee Ford even with the trade
    Verrett

Signings I like:
    Matthews I guess

Signings I donít agree with:
    Alexander
    Coleman
    Ward

Our roster will be much better this year. Thatís a fact. I just personally would have done things differently.
    Adding Coleman was nice. You canít have too many running backs imo and heís a Shanny guy.
    Kwonís contract is the only headscratcher, but with how NFL players are getting paid nowadays, itís not too surprising I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I think you'll like Coleman and Alexander. Coleman can actually be the every down back and Brieda can be used like he was this year. I see McKinnon as a trade candidate
    Oh I love Coleman as a player. Heíll be great and that deal is great. I just donít get the signing with McKinnon and Brieda on the roster. I think Coleman/McKinnon is an ideal 1-2 punch.

Alexander as a building block sounds good too. And I hope he was a necessity because the niners are going to use Thomas as a DT next to Buckner even in base downs. Even if they arenít I still like the idea of him next to Warner. I just would have rather drafted another Warner and spent that money on a FS.

Regardless I am excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Christmas View Post
    Oh I love Coleman as a player. Heíll be great and that deal is great. I just donít get the signing with McKinnon and Brieda on the roster. I think Coleman/McKinnon is an ideal 1-2 punch.

Alexander as a building block sounds good too. And I hope he was a necessity because the niners are going to use Thomas as a DT next to Buckner even in base downs. Even if they arenít I still like the idea of him next to Warner. I just would have rather drafted another Warner and spent that money on a FS.

Regardless I am excited.
    Thomas wont be used as the NT on base downs. That'll implode the defense. Thomas and Armstead will be used opposite Ford on base downs.

I really see the 9ers trading down in the draft and picking up our SAM and then either trading back into the first or if we trade with the Raiders, taking a WR with the 2nd first round pick. Matthews should be used in the slot, and I do not bank on Goodwin bouncing back, so getting a deep threat is needed and Butler would be perfect for it
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

How good would we be sitting now if we would have kept Brown at RT, drafted Derwin James or Minkah Fitzpatrick instead of McClinchy.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    Not sure Murphy will be there in the second round. I think he'll go mid first round, but Trayvon Mullen might be available. Another guy is Rock Ya-Sin. Just from the name alone, I want to draft that guy. He goes 6'1 and 190lbs.
    Yea, Rock Ya-Sin would automatically be number one in jersey sales...for the league that is lol......also, my hope is teams are turned off that Byron Murphy ran a slower than expected 40 time and he falls to 36, corner is a premium position so I doubt he's there at 36 too

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    How good would we be sitting now if we would have kept Brown at RT, drafted Derwin James or Minkah Fitzpatrick instead of McClinchy.
    Not really good. We would currently have no RT because Brown was a free agent and we weren't giving him a multi year deal because he can't get to the second level on running plays. We'd probably have to trade back in this year's draft and get Dillard.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Yeah but Earl isn't shouldering the load of all of those positions. I'd rather 5 roster spots have solid players than have 5 be average or worse and 1 elite just to pay a guy what he wants. The only position that can demand "Whatever they want" money is QB. Not throwing a team plan out for a FS.
    Yea but when you can find solid production for cheap prices at less-essential positions (RB, WLB, FB, K) and allocate the money saved to a relatively important position like singe high safety and get potentially elite production, wouldn't you say that's most advantageous?

I mean, if we went into next season with Matt Breida, Jeff Wilson jr and Tevin Coleman with no McKinnon or Juszczyk as our backs and drafted a WLB in the 4th round instead of paying Alexander and not pay our kicker $5 million, that's a potential $20-25 million savings on less-essential positions and still get relatively solid production out of those positions

Also imagine if we draft Bosa, Deebo Samuel at WR (2nd round) and Justin Layne at CB (3rd round) and they perform great on cost controlled contracts at premium positions for the next 4-5 seasons, the impact that AND the salary savings of less-essential positions would've had on our roster would've given us so much cap flexibility that the Earl Thomas contract wouldn't be such a burden at that point

Like this scenario isn't that far fetched either...I just think there are certain positions that are OK to over-invest in and RB/FB, K, WLB aren't them, at least in my opinion....I could be dead wrong and everything our front office did will prove me wrong in time
    Last edited by All-In; 03-15-2019 at 07:18 AM.

A replacement for J.Staley and a guard that can come in and compete or take over either starting guard spot is all we really need.

Quinton Spain would be a good pickup. I'd also like if we could pickup George Iloka to bring in competition at SS. Also be straight to bring in Vinny Curry as competition Armstead and Thomas. Would also like either Benson Mayowa or Ezekial Ansah to be brought in. Shaq Barrett be a nice addition as well.

Spain, Iloka, Barrett, Mayowa and Ansah would be great really.

Lt- Staley
    Lg- Tomlinson
    C- Richburg
    Rg- Spain
    Rt- Mcglichey

Le- Ansah/ Mayowa
    Dt- Armstead/ Jones
    Dt- Buckner/ Thomas
    Re- Ford/ Marsh

Mlb- Warner
    Slb- Barrett
    Wlb- Alexander

Fs- Ward/ Colbert
    Ss- Tartt/ Iloka
    Last edited by LoveCaliFan; 03-15-2019 at 09:25 AM.

I see four legitimate options that could happen with the #2 overall pick:

1) Nick Bosa
    2) Josh Allen
    3) Quinnen Williams
    4) Trade Back

I just can't see any other scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    Yea but when you can find solid production for cheap prices at less-essential positions (RB, WLB, FB, K) and allocate the money saved to a relatively important position like singe high safety and get potentially elite production, wouldn't you say that's most advantageous?

I mean, if we went into next season with Matt Breida, Jeff Wilson jr and Tevin Coleman with no McKinnon or Juszczyk as our backs and drafted a WLB in the 4th round instead of paying Alexander and not pay our kicker $5 million, that's a potential $20-25 million savings on less-essential positions and still get relatively solid production out of those positions

Also imagine if we draft Bosa, Deebo Samuel at WR (2nd round) and Justin Layne at CB (3rd round) and they perform great on cost controlled contracts at premium positions for the next 4-5 seasons, the impact that AND the salary savings of less-essential positions would've had on our roster would've given us so much cap flexibility that the Earl Thomas contract wouldn't be such a burden at that point

Like this scenario isn't that far fetched either...I just think there are certain positions that are OK to over-invest in and RB/FB, K, WLB aren't them, at least in my opinion....I could be dead wrong and everything our front office did will prove me wrong in time
    Yeah you basically described why I'm not for the ET move alone. I'd rather have 5 guys who fit the scheme that aren't necessarily "big names" than have one sure thing and having to hope and pray that mid round to late draft picks or low end FAs work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I see four legitimate options that could happen with the #2 overall pick:

1) Nick Bosa
    2) Josh Allen
    3) Quinnen Williams
    4) Trade Back

I just can't see any other scenario.
    I'm reading the Niners are torn between Bosa and Williams. I cant see us drafting Allen #2 because he and Dee Ford are too similar.

I myself am leaning towards Quinnen, he is an absolute beast in the middle of that line, clogging up running plays and the ability to get to the passer up the gut. Cant really go wrong with either one though..

Quote Originally Posted by PayDaPiper View Post
    I'm reading the Niners are torn between Bosa and Williams. I cant see us drafting Allen #2 because he and Dee Ford are too similar.

I myself am leaning towards Quinnen, he is an absolute beast in the middle of that line, clogging up running plays and the ability to get to the passer up the gut. Cant really go wrong with either one though..

I wouldn't read to much into what people are saying about the 49ers being torn between two players. They could be, but it's all speculation. The Lynch/Shanahan regime doesn't leak who they are going to draft unlike the Baalke regime. Nobody saw McGlinchy coming.

All three of those guys would improve our defensive front. Personally, I still want Bosa. Even with Ford playing the LEO spot, Bosa is strong enough to play the "Big End" spot. That would bump Solomon Thomas off the field in the base defense, but so would Quinnen Williams. Allen is probably the best fit schematically with the ability to play the SAM in the base and the edge on passing downs. They can't really go wrong with any of those three.

As far as the trade down is concerned, the Raiders would be the best option. We'd still probably be able to get Allen, but also pick up an extra first round pick. Of course, that assumes that the Raiders want to move up for a QB.

I doubt he makes it that far, but if Andre Dillard is still on the board in the early to mid twenties, would you move up and get him? Seems like he's a perfect fit for Shanahan's scheme and he could play guard for a year before replacing Joe Staley at OT. Him and McGlinchy would solidify OT for years at a low cost.

Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast