Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Glad to see you back, CK17.

Pretty big trade news today.

Buffalo gets: Henri Jokiharju
    Chicago gets: Alexander Nylander

I expected a defenseman to be moved, but not Jokiharju. Still, I love this trade!

Yeah I was a bit surprised to see Jokiharju moved, but maybe it turns into a win-win for both Jokiharju and Nylander

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Nylander has a ton of skill and we need another true top six forward. Henri was in the doghouse, so I think this is a good Strome-like gamble. Maybe coming to a competent organization will jumpstart him.

Also, his dad did play here back in the day. Gotta imagine thatís pretty cool for Alex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Nylander has a ton of skill and we need another true top six forward. Henri was in the doghouse, so I think this is a good Strome-like gamble. Maybe coming to a competent organization will jumpstart him.

Also, his dad did play here back in the day. Gotta imagine thatís pretty cool for Alex.

His dad was the last player to wear 92 in Chicago. Pretty neat. The only other player to wear that number was a childhood favorite of mine, Bernie Nicholls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    His dad was the last player to wear 92 in Chicago. Pretty neat. The only other player to wear that number was a childhood favorite of mine, Bernie Nicholls.
    He already uploaded a video of himself in his dadís sweater doing that bottle cap challenge. I have to imagine heís pretty pumped. I hope he wears 92. Thatíd be pretty badass.

He already uploaded a video of himself in his dadís sweater doing that bottle cap challenge. I have to imagine heís pretty pumped. I hope he wears 92. Thatíd be pretty badass.

Even more badass would be if he started playing way better than he did with Buffalo. Blurbs I'm reading from Sabres fans that followed him in the minors have not been pretty -- lots of questions about his effort, toughness, commitment etc. Obviously the numbers he's generated in the AHL are pretty poor, but those comments are even more troubling.

Maybe as a Hawk fan I'm overvaluing Jokiharju, but this return seems mighty disappointing. Feels like a guy like Nylander should have been obtainable for a mid-round pick or two, not an NHL-ready potential top-4 defenseman.
    Last edited by davearm; 07-10-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    Even more badass would be if he started playing way better than he did with Buffalo. Blurbs I'm reading from Sabres fans that followed him in the minors have not been pretty -- lots of questions about his effort, toughness, commitment etc. Obviously the numbers he's generated in the AHL are pretty poor, but those comments are even more troubling.

Maybe as a Hawk fan I'm overvaluing Jokiharju, but this return seems mighty disappointing. Feels like a guy like Nylander should have been obtainable for a mid-round pick or two, not an NHL-ready potential top-4 defenseman.
    I mean maybe we are overvaluing Henri. I donít know what the Hawks thought process or what they think of him, but clearly they donít see him as a top four guy. Maybe theyíre wrong but I donít know.

I mean maybe we are overvaluing Henri. I donít know what the Hawks thought process or what they think of him, but clearly they donít see him as a top four guy. Maybe theyíre wrong but I donít know.

That's fair. The Hawks' defense was a disaster last year and yet he still couldn't get out of Rockford.

Kempny got dumped because he was a poor fit for what Q wanted, and he's turned out pretty good for the Caps. Seems like possibly a similar situation here. Colliton clearly didn't want to use him.

I guess the glass half full view is that the Hawks must have a lot of faith in the other defensemen coming up in the next year or two.

Naturally, weíre going to attach lofty expectations to any 1st rounder. The sample size is small, but Jokiharjuís offensive game is probably going to be limited. Great skater, seemed to do well positionally for a first year player, but there was clearly something that they either didnít like in his game or loved enough in Nylanderís to part with him. Stan has always had a fetish with the Swedes, for some reason. Right now, Jokiharjuís ceiling looks like Oduya to me. 2nd pairing, great skater, positionally sound, weak shooter and limited in offensive production. Other than scouting reports, we have nothing to go on as far as Nylanderís game. We wonít likely know the winner of this trade as quickly as we did the Strome trade.

Blackhawks acquire F Zack Smith from Senators for F Artem Anisimov

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Blackhawks acquire F Zack Smith from Senators for F Artem Anisimov
    Nothing against Anisimov personally, but he didnít fit with this team. At one time I really loved Zack Smithís game. He hasnít lived up to the contract he signed, plenty of trade rumors involving his name over the past several years. Hope he finds his game again in Chicago.

Uh... I think this is a decent trade for us. Smith is more a fit I guess and offers more intangibles. Also, he can actually win a faceoff. Just don't like committing the money to him. He would likely be a near minimum player on the market and we are paying him what Dzingel just signed for over the same length.

Ottawa needs to hit the cap floor, no doubt we could have convinced them to eat some of the Smith money and thrown in a mid-grade prospect if needed. They probably would have just taken Anisimov straight up for a pick and we could have signed Dzingel.

Assuming we are pretty much done here. Seems like we bring an old vet in every year to play a bottom 6 role. Would be nice to convince a guy who can still play a bit like Marleau or Justin Williams this year instead of garbage like Kunitz or Tootoo

Justin Williams all day, every day.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456