Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    The Chicago Blackhawks have selected Alex Vlasic with the 43rd-overall pick in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft.
    Vlasic, who is committed to Boston University, is considered one of the best defenders in this draft. He is very polished at the defensive end, although his offense is still a work in progress. He is 6-foot-6 and nearing 200 pounds, so the size is another thing that NHL teams are in love with. Vlasic is a larger player, but he doesnít provide a lot of sandpaper. If he is able to hone his craft at BU and improve his offensive game, we might see him in the NHL sooner rather than later.
    Pretty good pick if you ask me

Good to take a high upside defensemen like that. Happy with that pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iíve been thinking over the pick for the last two days and I really donít understand the thought process here. Hitting a homerun with the #3 pick is essential. That isnít a pick that you ďdraft for need.Ē It isnít a pick that you gamble with. You absolutely must hit a homerun with a top 3 pick. You must.

We have been fortunate enough to watch a two-time Norris trophy winner and Conn Smythe trophy winner anchor the blueline for the last almost decade and a half. We had a pick fall in our laps this year that, quite honestly, we didnít deserve. We drafted 9 slots higher than we actually finished. This one was gifted to the Hawks. We could have replaced Duncan Keith with a player who by many accounts is expected to develop into Duncan Keith! Likely with more elite offensive ability than DK. This is no slight to Dach, who is a very gifted player in his own right, but maaaan, what the ****?

If Byram, Boqvist, and Beaudin all develop as projected, that anchors your defense for a long, long time. The Killer Bís of Chicago.

Iím just... I donít get it.

2018-19 Chicago Blackhawks Season

Another trade for the Blackhawks:

Hawks acquire D Calvin de Haan and F Aleksi Saarela from Hurricanes for G Anton Forsberg and D Gustav Forsling

I think thatís actually a solid deal for us.
    Last edited by CubsRule08; Yesterday at 07:44 PM.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

D corps is actually decent now. We finally have a guy thatís rock solid in our own end. Iíd imagine one or more of Saad, Seabrook, and Anisimov will be dealt in the next week or two.

2018-19 Chicago Blackhawks Season

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    D corps is actually decent now. We finally have a guy thatís rock solid in our own end. Iíd imagine one or more of Saad, Seabrook, and Anisimov will be dealt in the next week or two.

Anisimov will probably be the one moved of the 3 you mentioned. Still donít see anyone taking Saad/Seabrook with their total cap hit

Rumor has it that there was discussion with Vancouver over swapping picks 3 and 10 if they took on Seabrook's contract. Apparently they wanted Byram, but weren't willing to pick up Seabrook's contract to do it.

We are emerging as the front-runners to sign Pavelski on July 1. On the right deal thatís a huge move.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    We are emerging as the front-runners to sign Pavelski on July 1. On the right deal thatís a huge move.
    Iíd love that. Heís one of my favorite players in the league.

Iíd love to add to the D group a little more after that, but I think the roster would be pretty much good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Iíd love that. Heís one of my favorite players in the league.

Iíd love to add to the D group a little more after that, but I think the roster would be pretty much good to go.

I love Pavelski in a secondary role. He doesnít have to be a star in Chicago. But what he brings is absolutely invaluable to the Hawks. Seems like as perfect a fit as any in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Agreed. For the right price, it would be a great get for the Hawks

Career 55.0% at the dot for Joe. Never a season under 50%. Thatís a worth itís weight in gold to this team.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234