Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Draft

Alabama TE Irv Smith Jr. and Georgia TE Isaac Nauta have met with the team.

Really happy with the interview selection so far. Is this what it feels like to have confidence in managements drafts?
    Last edited by ChongInc.; 03-01-2019 at 09:31 PM. Reason: ?

I went ahead and put the list on the front page. Iíll comtinue updating as I hear more.

After his performance at the combine, Iíd say thereís zero chance that D.K. Metcalf is still on the board on 9.

Agreed. The WRs are killing it at this draft. May make sense to grab Hakeem Butler at #9 too. I don't want to miss out on one of these elite guys considering FA options stink.

Hopefully we grab some O Linemen help in FA.

The one thing I like about Metcalf above all of the others is that catch radius. I really didnít expect that 40 time. His entire combine has made him a top 5 pick. Weíre going to hear a lot of Julio Jones comparisons over the next month. At the moment, Iím thinking he goes to the Raiders at #4.

Níkeal Harry is my favorite WR in this draft. Impressive 40 time for a physical receiver. He impressed in his interviews. He reminds me of our own Eric Moulds. The kind of receiver who can work the outside and win battles. Heís probably going 10-17 right now. He and Metcalf should be the top two receivers chosen. I donít see a third being taken in the top 20. Just those two.

It is kinda a bummer that Metcalf is pretty much a lock to go before we can take him.

His durability concerns me, but someone is going to say the hell with that and take him top 5. Wouldnít be surprised to see a trade up scenario for him either.

The nightmare scenario is that the Jets take Metcalf and he becomes their Julio Jones for the next decade.

Exactly! Physical freaks like that are super rare.

Looking back at the draft order, the 9ers, Jets, Raiders at 2,3,4 overall could all use a WR. Bucs at 5 - no, Giants at 6 - no. Jags and Lions at 7 and 8 - prob not.

So if Metcalf doesn't go in the top 4 picks, we have a shot (provided no one trades up over us)

But there were also much less hyped WRs that have gone earlier in recent years, like Corey Davis and Mike Williams. Metcalf's potential seems much higher. He will have to learn to run routes better though I assume.

Iím not sold on Metcalf and I really donít want him at #9 if he is still on the board. His physical attributes are freakishly impressive but there are a lot of red flags. His time in the cone drills was worse than a couple of D-linemen. Heís not a good route runner and lacks the cutting ability to become one. If used correctly, he can succeed in the NFL but IMO you shouldnít have to say that about a top-10 pick.

I still believe that the O-Line has to be the focus in both the draft and FA. Allen won't have time to throw to anyone unless they fix the line first. Depending on how things shake out, Iím still a fan of trading down and getting more picks.

All great points, LABF. My preference is still to trade down as well. Our two biggest needs are both very deep in this draft.

I noticed that he performed poorly in the agility drills, but apparently this is the reason why some top WRs (especially big ones) choose to skip those drills. Also, DeAndre Hopkins had similar agility times for what it's worth.

Questioning his production is fair. He's basically the WR version of Josh Allen in this regards. He was on pace for a pretty big season and was on par with AJ Brown before the injury though.

At the time of injury:

Brown - 57 targets, 44 rec, 586 yds, 4 TDs
    Metcalf - 40 targets, 26 rec, 569 yds, 5 TDs

If anything, this shoes his big play ability which is physical attributes and athleticism back up.

I still haven't decided on him yet and will likely wait until after free agency to see what I would prefer the Bills do. I'm not against trading down though, but there are better OL options in free agency than WR and I can see a scenario where they address OL in free agency for the most part which would eliminate the need for another one so early in the draft.

We'll see. I'm happy that other skill position players are emerging. Hakeem Butler is interesting, as AJ Brown, N'Keal Harry, Parris Campbell, and Marquis Brown, who many think is the best of the bunch, but is currently injured. I also like Deebo Samuel.

At TE, TJ Hockenson and Noah Fant both stand out. Maybe trade down, draft one of them, use the 2nd round pick and additional picks picked up in the trade for WR and OL? So many different scenarios that will likely be dictated by free agency though.

There's also a chance that a defensive stud drops with teams going QB crazy and with the rise of Metcalf.
    Last edited by smood999; 03-05-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast