Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    2 extra 2nds? I do not understand these compensation picks at all. Can anyone explain?
    I was talking trade, not compensation picks. Shady out of Buffalo was such a hot rumor two years ago and we ultimately held onto him. We likely could have gotten a 2nd for this year and as we all know... Shady dropped off hard. Big time missed opportunity.

Yea, I am really interested to see what happens to him this offseason. On a sort of related side note, I am a Marcus Murphy fan. Think he is pretty under-rated.

If they haven't cut shady yet, they either believe in him for 2019, or they are holding out to trade him for like a 4th rounder.

Yeah but does anyone understand the comp picks? Is this a new thing or have I been living under a rock? Extra 3rd rounders seems like serious compensation for cutting a player or letting them walk in FA.
    Shouldn't we have gotten one for gilmore?

On McCoy I just don't see the benefit of letting him go at this point. If the draft was strong in late round RB then sure, or if we could get a pick back of any value then sure. I think at best we are looking at a future 7th rounder or something and we don't need the cap space right now.
    He's getting close to some career milestones so maybe he can turn it around and play himself into some value. A RB that can catch like him would be an asset for Allen and perhaps a rejuvenated OL helps him put up another good season on his way out.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Yeah but does anyone understand the comp picks? Is this a new thing or have I been living under a rock? Extra 3rd rounders seems like serious compensation for cutting a player or letting them walk in FA.
    Shouldn't we have gotten one for gilmore?

On McCoy I just don't see the benefit of letting him go at this point. If the draft was strong in late round RB then sure, or if we could get a pick back of any value then sure. I think at best we are looking at a future 7th rounder or something and we don't need the cap space right now.
    He's getting close to some career milestones so maybe he can turn it around and play himself into some value. A RB that can catch like him would be an asset for Allen and perhaps a rejuvenated OL helps him put up another good season on his way out.
    You've been under a rock lol. Teams get extra picks based on their losses in free agency in comparison to their signings. If teams lose more than they add, they get comp picks. I believe it's based on salary.

Hence the reason why NE always get a bunch of these

Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    Hence the reason why NE always get a bunch of these
    They constantly let players walk and just replace them from within, the draft, or a cheaper option in free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    They constantly let players walk and just replace them from within, the draft, or a cheaper option in free agency.
    If we keep drafting the way we have been then they will have some competition. Nothing bad you can really say about the last two drafts unless you just disagree with something. But no real valid complaints like we could have before.

Thereís a couple of interesting mid-round RBs to look at. Miles Sanders and Darrell Henderson are two that I really like this year.

If we have shady, ivory, murphy I am not as worried about RB. I'd rather try to find a dart that sticks on WRs/TEs in the draft. I am kinda interested in Tevin Coleman as a FA to be honest (but my guess is shady is gone if they sign him).

I've also heard this RB singletary is pretty good, but I guess he may go Rds 2-3. Comp'ed to Ahmad Bradshaw (who I also dig)

I read earlier somewhere that McDermott doesn't believe that today's nfl true WR1s exist https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffa...odern-nfl.html

Sounds more like OL/DL in rd 1 if I am reading the tea leaves and WR in rd 2.

It is confirmed that the Bills have met with:
    OT Cody Ford, Oklahoma
    OT Bobby Evans, Oklahoma
    OT Jawaan Taylor, Florida
    OT Kaleb McGary, Washington
    OT Greg Little, Ole Miss
    OG Dru Samia, Oklahoma
    C Erik McCoy, Texas A&M
    OT Jonah Williams, Alabama
    OT Dalton Risner, Kansas State
    RB Bryce Love, Stanford
    FB Alex Ingold, Wisconsin

So thrilled that list is mostly offensive linemen.

The Bills have met with RB Josh Jacobs of Alabama.

Some unofficial 40 times:
    Miles Sanders, 4.45
    Darrell Henderson, 4.50

I really like these two, specifically Sanders.

Elijah Holyfield, 4.76

Yikes. Thatís bad.

The Bills have met with WRs J.J. Arcega-Whiteside of Stanford and A.J. Brown of Ole Miss.

WRs Hollywood Brown of Oklahoma and Kelvin Harmon of NC State have also been confirmed to have met with the Bills.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast