Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Draft

Kiper mentioned Hockenson as a potential top-10 pick as well on his podcast and compared him to Gronk.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I read that he's expected to run in the low 4.4's. That combined with him being 6'4" and 230 lbs will make him a top-15 lock.

We'll see though. I don't know much about him either other than his injury and whatever else from reading articles. The draft community seems to be pretty high on him.
    His physical gifts are really intriguing. If hes the pick, Ill be 100% behind the Bills and Metcalf. WR has been such a tough position to nail in the 1st round these last several years and that really worries me.

Kiper mentioned Hockenson as a potential top-10 pick as well on his podcast and compared him to Gronk.
    He seems poised to be a riser. The 1st round will surely shake out differently than what everyone expects right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    His physical gifts are really intriguing. If hes the pick, Ill be 100% behind the Bills and Metcalf. WR has been such a tough position to nail in the 1st round these last several years and that really worries me.
    I haven't kept up like I normally do so I'm just starting to read up on players.

I agree that first round WRs haven't been so great recently, but I don't think that should be applied across each year. We've gone through stretches where AJ Green, Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Demaryious Thomas, etc. were all taken in the first round in consecutive years.

More recently there was the consecutive years of Hopkins, Watkins, Beckham, Evans, Cooks, and Cooper all in the first round.

It comes and goes like anything else and each class is independent of each other. Calvin Ridley was pretty good last year and I don't think we can close the book on Will Fuller, Mike Williams, and Corey Davis yet.

He seems poised to be a riser. The 1st round will surely shake out differently than what everyone expects right now.
    Yeah, we went into the process thinking that it would mostly be defense and now between Metcalf, Hollywood Brown, and Hockenson playmakers have entered the mix.

Small trade back and then draft one of the three?

Yeah, we went into the process thinking that it would mostly be defense and now between Metcalf, Hollywood Brown, and Hockenson playmakers have entered the mix.

Small trade back and then draft one of the three?
    Yes please.

I really only want defense in the later rounds. I trust mcdermott to identify defensive talent late and also be able to put that talent in a position to succeed.

I'd also be fine with trading Lawson and our 2nd rounder of Odell, just sayin'

In a trade back scenario, I'd be down for a WR (and maybe include N'Keal Harry) as well as one of those OTs Jonah, Taylor, Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    I'd also be fine with trading Lawson and our 2nd rounder of Odell, just sayin'

In a trade back scenario, I'd be down for a WR (and maybe include N'Keal Harry) as well as one of those OTs Jonah, Taylor, Ford
    Why not both?

Where you hearing the lawson rumor? That wouldn't make sense for the giants imo. Odell would look amazing with Allen though. His catching radius would help Allen a lot.

Sry, not hearing the Lawson rumor anywhere, just purely being hypothetical/speculating.

On a side note, just read today the Bills are rumored to like TE Jesse James. I am getting to the point where I want them to spend big in FA on D Line / O Line and attack this draft of skill positions (except RB, I hear this draft is terrible for RB).

Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    Sry, not hearing the Lawson rumor anywhere, just purely being hypothetical/speculating.

On a side note, just read today the Bills are rumored to like TE Jesse James. I am getting to the point where I want them to spend big in FA on D Line / O Line and attack this draft of skill positions (except RB, I hear this draft is terrible for RB).
    That is dissapointing because we really need some RB and was hoping for some late round gem for that hole.

I like Jesse James a lot. If we sign him then we are trading down imo. A good well rounded TE adds a major element to the offense and let's our WR's play outside.

The draft order has been updated on the first page.
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka Angelique Kerber Bianca Andreescu

The draft order has been updated on the first page.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Thanks!
    Youre welcome.

I really wish we had cut our ties with Shady two years ago. An extra 2nd this year would have been a huge get. I know a lot of people have faith that he will turn it around, but Im not one of them.

I really wish we had cut our ties with Shady two years ago. An extra 2nd this year would have been a huge get. I know a lot of people have faith that he will turn it around, but Im not one of them.
    2 extra 2nds? I do not understand these compensation picks at all. Can anyone explain?

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast