Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: 2019 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    If the Bills win 8-10 games this year, would you be opposed to them trading up for a WR, similar to the Falcons trading up for Julio Jones when they were on the cusp?

To me, that situation would be different than a bad Bills team with no QB trading up for Watkins. Weve seen how its worked out for Atlanta...

If they do win at least 8 games, that kind of move could cost them a 2021 first depending on how high they want to move.
    If our defense is stout and there isn't an absolute glaring need, At some point, we have to focus on getting a true blue stud WR.

Whoever it is, just make sure they can play and that they want to play in the cold. The best WR we ever had played in Kutztown in PA, while the biggest trade this franchise made for a WR, Watkins, played in a place that averages 2 inches of snow per year.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    If our defense is stout and there isn't an absolute glaring need, At some point, we have to focus on getting a true blue stud WR.

Whoever it is, just make sure they can play and that they want to play in the cold. The best WR we ever had played in Kutztown in PA, while the biggest trade this franchise made for a WR, Watkins, played in a place that averages 2 inches of snow per year.
    For the bills specifically - I like Allen over Watson and mahomes for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    For the bills specifically - I like Allen over Watson and mahomes for the same reason.
    Coming out of Wyoming, loving to play in the snow, was always a storyline in any article regarding the Bills drafting him. The Bills need players who want to be a snowbird.

When Watkins got drafted, his expression said it all. Then in his rookie season, if the Bills have an off day, he hops on a plane for LA, just for that one day. As if the hassle of going to the airport all the time was worth it, in order for him to Leave the Buffalo area. Then as it was reported when he went to the Rams, not once did Watkins hang out with any teammates during the season or off season. Never went out to dinner with the team, nothing. Robert Woods said he talked to Sammy more their first week with the Rams, than all the times they played in Buffalo together combined.

I am not trying to make it sound like warm weather players cant play in the cold, I am just saying, they have to want to. We haven't found that many players that have wanted to throughout the past 20 years. Antonio Brown going to a losing franchise in Oakland willingly with open arms, shows me it is more about the City, than the franchise itself.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Coming out of Wyoming, loving to play in the snow, was always a storyline in any article regarding the Bills drafting him. The Bills need players who want to be a snowbird.

When Watkins got drafted, his expression said it all. Then in his rookie season, if the Bills have an off day, he hops on a plane for LA, just for that one day. As if the hassle of going to the airport all the time was worth it, in order for him to Leave the Buffalo area. Then as it was reported when he went to the Rams, not once did Watkins hang out with any teammates during the season or off season. Never went out to dinner with the team, nothing. Robert Woods said he talked to Sammy more their first week with the Rams, than all the times they played in Buffalo together combined.

I am not trying to make it sound like warm weather players cant play in the cold, I am just saying, they have to want to. We haven't found that many players that have wanted to throughout the past 20 years. Antonio Brown going to a losing franchise in Oakland willingly with open arms, shows me it is more about the City, than the franchise itself.
    Yes I agree completely. It's a factor when building a team in buffalo and it's great to see beane factors it in.
    It's also great to see oliver is excited to play in buffalo. He is not pulling a Watkins at all from what I have seen.

I still think, that if the Pegula's build a new stadium, make it a dome. When we look back at all the cold weather games we played here in the snow, throughout the past several years, I think the Indi game might be our only win. For a while there, we were losing a lot of 6-3 games in the snow to Cleveland and a couple other teams. The cold factor, that was really important in the 90's, stopped being a factor for us a long time ago.

My wife works for the UB athletics department. They have a huge plan ready to present to the Pegula's and the county, if the Bills get a dome. They want the UB Bulls to play in the stadium as well. Then with the dome, they will start the process to get the UB Bulls into a new division, get more scholarships for recruits and they feel in a short time, UB will be a staple in the NCAA ranks. Their thinking is, backups, who are left on the bench for Alabama, Clemson, ETC, would transfer to UB to get a NY state education, along with being a starter on game days. Then, as soon as the recruits come in, better schedule, no more small colleges, 50,000 fans for our opponents coming to Buffalo, eating at our restaurants, staying in our hotels, for every home game. All of this is a guarantee, if the Bills get a dome. NCAA would make things happen if UB is playing in an NFL stadium and recruits would come once we are playing in a dome to better showcase their skills against better opponents. Plus, a lot of people don't know this, but if you have a college degree in the state of NY, your resume is at the top of the list when you apply for a job out of state. NY is a highly coveted education.
    Last edited by sabres11; 05-07-2019 at 10:02 AM.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627