Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Not that it will surprise any of us, but the Bills will definitely not be using their first on a WR. I heard they think Duke Williams will land Bean the GM of the year award. They have super high expectations for him and already penciled him in for 1000 yards.

The funny thing is, the Steelers and Bills offered pretty much the same contract. He picked Buffalo, because he didnt want to play behind Brown and Juju and here, nothing is stopping him from becoming number 1. I would love to know how he feels now, being Brown not only got traded, but blasted both organizations on his way out.
    As a Canadian, I didn't think he was THAT good. He wasn't the best WR in the cfl imo. But I'm not a scout, maybe his game will translate.

I think he is probably still happy with his decision. Especially after the OL FA.

I still think we will see the Bills trade down. Then with the compensation from that trade, plus a few picks of our own, we trade and end up with 2 first rounders this year.
    This is my belief as well.

Not that it will surprise any of us, but the Bills will definitely not be using their first on a WR. I heard they think Duke Williams will land Bean the GM of the year award. They have super high expectations for him and already penciled him in for 1000 yards.

The funny thing is, the Steelers and Bills offered pretty much the same contract. He picked Buffalo, because he didnt want to play behind Brown and Juju and here, nothing is stopping him from becoming number 1. I would love to know how he feels now, being Brown not only got traded, but blasted both organizations on his way out.
    I liked Duke Williams coming out of college, but he's years removed from that so we'll see.

The only way I think they take a WR in the first is if they trade back then. Even in that scenario, I'm still thinking it's a toss u between WR and TE.

I know you disagree about TE, but we'll see. Kroft can be cut after this year and Croom isn't the answer. Both are fliers and neither are dynamic. McDermott and Bean saw Greg Olsen first hand and McDermott has seen how Andy Reid prioritizes the position as well.

As I said before, only the Browns and Dolphins had so many picks and drafted and signed them all since 2003.

As far as trading up, the only player they would probably be willing to trade picks away for is Bosa. But our picks this year wouldn't get it done. Any trade moving up would cost us our 1st next year as well. At 9, I think they like their options. They have a huge assortment of WR. On the line at both sides of the ball, Oliver and Jonah will be available. Only Bosa is probably viewed to be so much better than who will be there for us at 9 already. And who knows, perhaps McDermott and Bean feel were going to the playoffs, therefore next years #1 will be a low pick. With the Jets predicted to land Bosa, that leaves the 49ers are only trade partner. Even if the Jets don't pick him, Raiders will next. So at 9, to get in the top 5, only San Fran could be willing to make a move, but it will cost us.

I still think we will see the Bills trade down. Then with the compensation from that trade, plus a few picks of our own, we trade and end up with 2 first rounders this year. Teams like Tennessee and Seattle have 4 and 5 picks this year and pick 19th and 21. I can see both of those teams wanting to not only save money from signing a first rounder, but to add more capital in this draft.

In the later rounds, the Bears are another team needing draft capital. People are already predicting that the Bears will have the worst draft this year, because of the whole draft value chart they are reading off of. I can see them making a move to add capital.
    I would add Williams as another player worth trading up for. I wouldn't be mad at Oliver either, but I'm not sure if it's necessary right now.

If we assume Bosa, Williams, Allen, White, and two QBs will all go ahead of where the Bills pick, that means the earliest spot for Oliver is 7. Small trade up if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I'm torn. We have holes we could plug at the skill positions on offense, OL, pass rush LB or DT. Any of these directions would please me.
    That is why I think we trade down from #9. and as others mentioned, I think we THEN trade back up either late first or potentially an earlier 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I would add Williams as another player worth trading up for. I wouldn't be mad at Oliver either, but I'm not sure if it's necessary right now.
    I would go as far as to say that Williams might be the main guy they would want to move up for. Maybe trading with Tampa at 5 if he slips. But my money is more on us moving back.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I liked Duke Williams coming out of college, but he's years removed from that so we'll see.

The only way I think they take a WR in the first is if they trade back then. Even in that scenario, I'm still thinking it's a toss u between WR and TE.

I know you disagree about TE, but we'll see. Kroft can be cut after this year and Croom isn't the answer. Both are fliers and neither are dynamic. McDermott and Bean saw Greg Olsen first hand and McDermott has seen how Andy Reid prioritizes the position as well.
    Personally, I'm all for them grabbing offense with the first pick, but we have seen McDermott's drafts before. I don't get the sense he would be willing to draft offense with our first, when as a defensive guy, he is probably salivating over the thought of having one of the pass rushers on this team.

All we have to do is look back two drafts and remember, even though we all knew McDermott wanted anyone other than Tyrod at QB, he traded the possibility of getting Maholmes, Watson and even OJ Howard, in order to draft Tre White. Then in the 2nd round last year, for a team struggling to find receivers for many years, and with all the Hype on Calivin Ridley, they go with Edmunds.

Also, just to play keyboard General manager here, lets face it, nothing has changed with our defense from last year. Alexander, Hughes is to be counted on and they are now a year older. The biggest mock on Edmunds is, he wasn't as athletic as McDermott thought, running out into coverage. The only thing that will correct that for Edmunds is to have a pass rusher in front of him. If QB's don't get as much time throwing the ball and picking open WR's, Edmunds then wont be hung up to dry like we saw last year.

Offensively, everything has changed. We got rid of the 4th, 5th worse offensive lineman in the league and added some of the best. We got a TE, if healthy, teams will game plan for, along with the receivers. In their eyes, offense is probably fixed. Defensively, our biggest flaw two years in a row, without a pass rusher, still remains.
    Last edited by sabres11; 04-02-2019 at 11:25 AM.

The latest mock as Bills trading with Cinci, for them to land Haskins and Buffalo gets Metcalf and two extra picks.

Keep an eye on Tennessee, Seattle and Chicago and Tampa. These teams will be making trades and Buffalo has the capital that they will be looking for. Seattle has only 4 picks and they pick 21st. Pete Caroll has only 11 million in cap space and their first rounder will see a nice portion of it. Carroll could be thinking trade the first, flop 2nds and give them their two 3rds.

How would you feel if the drafted haskins in the 4th?

I understand we have holes and have had good luck with defensive picks around that slot, but I would personally applaud them for drafting another high ceiling qb.

Haskins stock has dropped, but even if he made it to the 2nd round, he would be snatched then.

As for the Bills, they wont draft a QB. The reason is, if Josh Allen fails, McDermott and Bean will be fired. So why waste a pick on a QB, when they know they wont even be around to see the new pick develop.

Sal Capacio even said on the air numerous times, that the Pegula's have discussed with him, that when the Bills passed on Maholmes and Watson, they questioned it. However, they trust the process and have faith in their decisions.

So as an owner, you question why we didn't draft two studs. Then you watch those two studs perform admirably for two seasons. You then watch your own team dismantle a playoff team and watch Peterman throw the season away. The Pegula's are still holding out all hope that Allen delivers, to make all of their past decisions finally make sense to them. Therefore if Allen fails and his accuracy with new receivers is no better than last year, McDermott and Bean are goners.

Just look what happened to the Sabres. Under Housely, the Sabres improved statistically in every single NHL category. But after two years of Housely failing, with Eichel and our other top picks, they feel it was best to fire Housely, giving Eichel his 4th coach and GM in his young career. If this is Pegula's plan in hockey, don't think Bean and McDermott will get a bigger leash then that. Debate it all you want, but 6-10 and Allen having the same numbers as last year will cost the coach and GM their jobs.
    Last edited by sabres11; 04-10-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Haskins stock has dropped, but even if he made it to the 2nd round, he would be snatched then.

As for the Bills, they wont draft a QB. The reason is, if Josh Allen fails, McDermott and Bean will be fired. So why waste a pick on a QB, when they know they wont even be around to see the new pick develop.

Sal Capacio even said on the air numerous times, that the Pegula's have discussed with him, that when the Bills passed on Maholmes and Watson, they questioned it. However, they trust the process and have faith in their decisions.

So as an owner, you question why we didn't draft two studs. Then you watch those two studs perform admirably for two seasons. You then watch your own team dismantle a playoff team and watch Peterman throw the season away. The Pegula's are still holding out all hope that Allen delivers, to make all of their past decisions finally make sense to them. Therefore if Allen fails and his accuracy with new receivers is no better than last year, McDermott and Bean are goners.

Just look what happened to the Sabres. Under Housely, the Sabres improved statistically in every single NHL category. But after two years of Housely failing, with Eichel and our other top picks, they feel it was best to fire Housely, giving Eichel his 4th coach and GM in his young career. If this is Pegula's plan in hockey, don't think Bean and McDermott will get a bigger leash then that. Debate it all you want, but 6-10 and Allen having the same numbers as last year will cost the coach and GM their jobs.
    Disagree with this post.

Rumors have haskins falling to the 4th round. You never know. I could see him being available in the 3rd.

Continuing to draft qb's is a smart move for any franchise.

Football is a different beast entirely, and eichel is very very different from Allen.

Disagree with this post.

Rumors have haskins falling to the 4th round. You never know. I could see him being available in the 3rd.

Continuing to draft qb's is a smart move for any franchise.

Football is a different beast entirely, and eichel is very very different from Allen.
    Drafting QB's is definitely the smart move. I love what Washington did a few years back, grabbing RG3 first, than Cousins in the 3rd, who was coveted as a top guy. There plan was to get a QB and they did. The Bills are a different case. All their eggs are in the Josh Allen Basket. You will be hard pressed to look at free agency over previous years and find one team, who completely overhauled their entire offense for one player. Were talking about three new receivers, new TE, 6 offensive line players. What they did is pretty much tell the Pegula's our plan on a QB was 100% correct, but the entire team, who the previous regime had in here, failed miserably. Drafting another QB sets the plan B message and privately, I am pretty sure they were already told, for them, they wont be here for plan B.

As for Haskins, he was originally predicted to go to the Giants at 6. If he went from 6th in the first round, all the way to the 4th round, that would be the biggest change in status of a QB prospect that I could ever remember. I cant remember ever seeing a QB predicted to go in the top ten for the majority of the off season, then slip to the 4th round. He wont make it past the 2nd. Teams like Oakland, Cinci, Giants, Tampa, Miami, to name a few, want a QB. They will not pass 4 times if Haskins is available. Someone from ESPNs final mock had Bills trading with Cinci, Cinci moving up to 9 to grab Haskins.

And the point on Allen and Eichel is, Both are top pick prospects expected to take their teams to the promise land. When the promise land never comes, say good bye to the coaches first.
    Last edited by sabres11; 04-10-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Yeah but eichel is an ******* lol. Have to think he has something to do with all the coaching turnover.

I disagree though. Imo it would be a very very poor decision to overhaul the FO in year 2 of a rebuild.

McD has shown he can coach a solid defense in this league on spare parts. He took a dismantled team to the playoffs his rookie season. Beane has already shown he can find quality throughout the draft and has been aggressive in maximising their number of draft picks.
    The sabers comp doesn't work here.

I'm just going to say this one more time - mahomes or Watson were not a good fit in buffalo. They have never been an underdog or played in cold weather in their entire lives.
    If Allen builds on his rookie success then we are looking at a life-long bill here. Someone who we can swap out other players around and he will lead the offense to competitive levels regardless.

Anyone else with any different skillset would have looked like rosen out there last season.

Yeah but eichel is an ******* lol. Have to think he has something to do with all the coaching turnover.

I disagree though. Imo it would be a very very poor decision to overhaul the FO in year 2 of a rebuild.

McD has shown he can coach a solid defense in this league on spare parts. He took a dismantled team to the playoffs his rookie season. Beane has already shown he can find quality throughout the draft and has been aggressive in maximising their number of draft picks.
    The sabers comp doesn't work here.

I'm just going to say this one more time - mahomes or Watson were not a good fit in buffalo. They have never been an underdog or played in cold weather in their entire lives.
    If Allen builds on his rookie success then we are looking at a life-long bill here. Someone who we can swap out other players around and he will lead the offense to competitive levels regardless.

Anyone else with any different skillset would have looked like rosen out there last season.
    It all depends on Allen. If he looks half way decent connecting with open players, he will buy the coaches time. But if he goes 50/50, for throwing to players within 10 yards like last season, Pegula's will be pissed. Whether its year 2 or year 5 of a rebuild, it doesn't matter. If Allen sucks next season, the Pegula's will then have seen our coach and Gm get rid of a playoff QB, for Peterman and they watched that fail miserably. Then our #1 pick, who was plagued with Accuracy problems in college, shows the same struggles, when all along, other options were available to us. Like I said, forget about him rushing the ball. Allen's passing stats are nearly identical to Rosen. Passes from 1-10 yards, 11-20 yards 21-30 yards, they are pretty much the same. The only thing Allen has over Rosen statistically is rushing, but that led us to 6 wins only, so it become all about the passing.

This is the main reason we saw a complete revival in free agency. They want to know now. You don't bring in Brown, Beasley and the lineman for a rebuild. You bring these players in because they do nothing but catch the ball when it comes their way. They were brought in here to gauge what they have in Allen. Any improvement in his game will now be easily recognized. And because they will get open and don't drop passes, any limitations in Allen's game will be recognized as well. This is something they could never truly see, if the same slow footed receivers that were here for the past 3 seasons.
    Last edited by sabres11; 04-11-2019 at 12:43 PM.

Do you think that would be a smart move by the pegulas? To fire McD and beane next season if Allen doesn't improve?

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast