Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: 2019 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Lawson actually became a good player last year. He isn't the pass rusher we expected to get, but he was good in all other phases.

I agree though that he's unlikely to be with the team after this season, mostly due to their need for a long term edge rusher and what it may cost to keep Lawson around.
    Lawson is playing no better than a 4th round selection. This is why we are seeing a billion articles on Edmunds becoming the leader of the D and not Lawson. And there is no way the Bills exercise his option at between 10 and 15 million next season for the stats he produces. He would have to blow up this year to get that cash. Were talking double digit sacks and triple digit tackles.
    Last edited by sabres11; Yesterday at 09:09 AM.

Yeldon would be a good back plan B, because as I made it clear, Gore, who was used a lot last year, never rushed for a TD. McCoy has been shaken up a lot last couple season so someone more capable than Gore needs to be back there. What the Bills need to do is call Cleveland and see what they want for Duke. Duke will not report and wants a trade out of there. He would be a key part of this team this year and after McCoy is gone. We got 2 3rd rounders, 1 in a trade would get it done and Duke would be worth more than wasting a late pick on one and hoping he amounts to something. We already know what Duke can do and he is already the best pass catching RB in the league.

I understand that, but the Bills have typically only drafted players they've met with early on. It's been one of their tells in recent years. That along with meetings at the Senior Bowl.
    Actually, last year, besides Josh Allen, none of the players the Bills draft came on a visit. Per that same site.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Actually, last year, besides Josh Allen, none of the players the Bills draft came on a visit. Per that same site.
    Met with = combine, pre-draft visits, private workout, Senior Bowl, and the East-West Shrine Game. Beyond just the players they've met with, you can see a clear pattern as far as the positions they are targeting.

The Bills brought in Edmunds for a visit last year (see here)

They met with Harrison Phillips at the Senior Bowl last year (see here)

As you mentioned, Josh Allen was also brought in. The Bills have had a pattern for years of drafting players they met with early on and also putting an emphasis on the Senior Bowl.

Met with = combine, pre-draft visits, private workout, Senior Bowl, and the East-West Shrine Game. Beyond just the players they've met with, you can see a clear pattern as far as the positions they are targeting.

The Bills brought in Edmunds for a visit last year (see here)

They met with Harrison Phillips at the Senior Bowl last year (see here)

As you mentioned, Josh Allen was also brought in. The Bills have had a pattern for years of drafting players they met with early on and also putting an emphasis on the Senior Bowl.
    McDermott was sneaky by keeping it unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    McDermott was sneaky by keeping it unknown.
    The Bills aren't the ones to typically announce the visits, it usually comes from the player's side (horse's mouth or agent).

I believe the Bills are done with their visits now, but it doesn't add up to 30. I know Hockenson hasn't let anyone know about any team he's met with, so it's possible he was one of them. Who knows...it could be like Edmunds where they draft him and then it's revealed.

Next Thursday can't come soon enough. I really like where the team is currently and look forward to seeing who they add. I think the only thing I would be bummed out about is if they did draft defense with their first three or even two picks. I'm all for a defensive stud early, then adding more offensive players (OL, TE, WR).

I'm also starting to think that drafting OL is unnecessary at this point, at least not until the third round.

My hope is some combination of Oliver, Metcalf, Fant, Hockenson, Butler, Samuels, and Harry.

Those are my favorite targets within the first two rounds, with Butler being the only one that may be available in the third.
    Last edited by smood999; Yesterday at 01:52 PM.

I havent done emough research on the defensive guys in the draft.

What is it about Oliver that gets you so hard? Which current NFL player would you compare his ceiling/floor to? who does he play like? what would you hope he brings to the table?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I havent done emough research on the defensive guys in the draft.

What is it about Oliver that gets you so hard? Which current NFL player would you compare his ceiling/floor to? who does he play like? what would you hope he brings to the table?
    So the comparison he gets the most is Aaron Donald, but that's only accurate as far as athletic ability and size. Even if he's a notch below, that's still probably one of the best DT's in the league. He's just an athletic freak at the position...super quick first step in the mold of someone like John Randle or Geno Atkins. He had to play nose tackle (out of position) at Houston and other teams literally had to triple team him at times.

He was the consensus top pick for most of the college season (it kinda went back and forth between him and Bosa), but then he didn't have the same production he had last year and he was out the last month or so of the season. Most still consider him one of the best 5 players in the draft and the only reason why he's projected to slide a bit is because of the QBs, the thought that Devin White will go higher, teams prioritizing edge rusher, and the potential for one of the offensive lineman to go ahead of him as well.

So the comparison he gets the most is Aaron Donald, but that's only accurate as far as athletic ability and size. Even if he's a notch below, that's still probably one of the best DT's in the league. He's just an athletic freak at the position...super quick first step in the mold of someone like John Randle or Geno Atkins. He had to play nose tackle (out of position) at Houston and other teams literally had to triple team him at times.

He was the consensus top pick for most of the college season (it kinda went back and forth between him and Bosa), but then he didn't have the same production he had last year and he was out the last month or so of the season. Most still consider him one of the best 5 players in the draft and the only reason why he's projected to slide a bit is because of the QBs, the thought that Devin White will go higher, teams prioritizing edge rusher, and the potential for one of the offensive lineman to go ahead of him as well.
    I've heard enough. I'm in.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516