Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    I have them pegged at wanting nothing but D for the first three picks.
    I hope and expect that you are dead wrong.

I'll take a top defensive player with 9, but they better add to the offense with the next 2 picks.

I also can't see them adding an OL with 9. They added a lot of talent to the line if FA. I don't think they are all battling for 2 spots at G. I wouldn't hate it though.

I have them pegged at wanting nothing but D for the first three picks.
    I agree with you about the first pick likely being defense, specifically Ed Oliver, but I don't think their first three picks will be all defense.

Based on who they've worked out and met with, it's likely that one of their first two picks will be offense.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I agree with you about the first pick likely being defense, specifically Ed Oliver, but I don't think their first three picks will be all defense.

Based on who they've worked out and met with, it's likely that one of their first two picks will be offense.
    There are rumors out of Washington saying they trade with Buffalo. Doesn't say what compensation the Bills get by moving to 15, but that they will select Byron Murphy.

And remember last year when I said the Bills will draft nothing but defense. Then after Allen, next 4 picks all Defense. So in recap, the Bills ignored the offense during the draft last year, when we had no line, we had no WR's and had nothing but aging RB's. This year we added several WR's and Lineman. Why based on the last two drafts, would anyone consider them changing anything. IMO, these signings are a clear indicator what direction the Bills will take in this years draft.
    Last edited by sabres11; 04-16-2019 at 10:09 AM.

There are rumors out of Washington saying they trade with Buffalo. Doesn't say what compensation the Bills get by moving to 15, but that they will select Byron Murphy.

And remember last year when I said the Bills will draft nothing but defense. Then after Allen, next 4 picks all Defense. So in recap, the Bills ignored the offense during the draft last year, when we had no line, we had no WR's and had nothing but aging RB's. This year we added several WR's and Lineman. Why based on the last two drafts, would anyone consider them changing anything. IMO, these signings are a clear indicator what direction the Bills will take in this years draft.
    Right, but last year the defense had major holes also. That's not the case this year.

Last year, the majority of their free agent signings were on defense as well. This year it was offense.

Needs change every year.

Remember, if you add players, you have to release players. So how many WR's do you think the Bills will have on the roster next season. Last year they had 8 at one time, if you include Terrel Pryor, Kerley and Deonte Thompson. This year, the Bills have Beasley, Foster, Jones, Brown, McKenzie, Andre Roberts, and Duke Williams. If they keep 8, that leaves Ray Ray, Boldin Jr. Phillips and Scott fighting for #8.

So is it more likely they draft someone in the top 3 at the WR position, or is it more likely they take a flyer on WR at 4, 5 or 6 , calling that WR a sleeper, and add him to the battle for 8. Run through all the positions and you can gage which way they are turning.

On D, McDermott had Kyle Williams leave, Milano got hurt so who knows how well he comes back from the injury. Lorenzo Alexander is retiring after the season. We have Hughes, but who knows for how long if his numbers are not close to being significant again this season. We shall see if they stockpile DLine and LB's with a Corner mixed in, or if they go with Offense in the top 3.

On the O line we added all the players, plus the players McDermott drafted are still here and most likely wont be going anywhere, such as Dawkins, Ducasse, Teller and C. McDermott. Will they actually draft someone in the top 3, who will then have to force one of those guys out, who he just drafted. I doubt it.

The TE position is the only position that can realistically see in the top 3. and that is with pick 1 for Fant or Hockenson. If those 2 are gone, I cant see the Bills eyeing any of the other TE's with one of our first 3 picks, when you then look at our salary cap next year and see all the available TE's who will be available for us.
    Last edited by sabres11; 04-16-2019 at 10:54 AM.

Just a guess based on their workouts and meetings, and the range of those players. We'll see though.

Don't put stock into who the Bills or any team brings in on a pre draft visit. It means nothing.

https://walterfootball.com/prospectMeetings/byteam

Every team brings in 30-40 players. Some reasons of course are for interest, other reasons to bring someone in is for strategy. Teams see other teams bring in players on a visit, makes them think a trade is in the works, or that the player they want wont drop to them so perhaps forces their hand to make a trade. In the Bills case, they brought 50 players or more here for a pre draft visit. And those 50 visited 30 other teams. Pointing out who a team brings in represents pretty much nothing. The only reason I pointed out that the Bills brought in Tyree JAckson is because he is the only QB, out of the 50+ players the Bills brought in. So that tells everyone the likelihood of the Bills drafting a QB this season.
    Last edited by sabres11; 04-16-2019 at 12:39 PM.

If you guys listen to WGR, they were talking about the possibility of this being Shaq Lawson's final year. They said his final year if exercised by the team, would be in the 10 million range and no way they will pay that, when he is splitting time on the field as it is. This further pointing out to us that this could be a very Defensive draft. I said it then, I will say it again, that was a horrible draft. Ragland, Lawson and Roosevelt.

Don't put stock into who the Bills or any team brings in on a pre draft visit. It means nothing.

https://walterfootball.com/prospectMeetings/byteam

Every team brings in 30-40 players. Some reasons of course are for interest, other reasons to bring someone in is for strategy. Teams see other teams bring in players on a visit, makes them think a trade is in the works, or that the player they want wont drop to them so perhaps forces their hand to make a trade. In the Bills case, they brought 50 players or more here for a pre draft visit. And those 50 visited 30 other teams. Pointing out who a team brings in represents pretty much nothing. The only reason I pointed out that the Bills brought in Tyree JAckson is because he is the only QB, out of the 50+ players the Bills brought in. So that tells everyone the likelihood of the Bills drafting a QB this season.
    I understand that, but the Bills have typically only drafted players they've met with early on. It's been one of their tells in recent years. That along with meetings at the Senior Bowl.

If you guys listen to WGR, they were talking about the possibility of this being Shaq Lawson's final year. They said his final year if exercised by the team, would be in the 10 million range and no way they will pay that, when he is splitting time on the field as it is. This further pointing out to us that this could be a very Defensive draft. I said it then, I will say it again, that was a horrible draft. Ragland, Lawson and Roosevelt.
    Lawson actually became a good player last year. He isn't the pass rusher we expected to get, but he was good in all other phases.

I agree though that he's unlikely to be with the team after this season, mostly due to their need for a long term edge rusher and what it may cost to keep Lawson around.

I think they resign lawson. I think Hughes will be the one gone by then.

On D, McDermott had Kyle Williams leave, Milano got hurt so who knows how well he comes back from the injury. Lorenzo Alexander is retiring after the season. We have Hughes, but who knows for how long if his numbers are not close to being significant again this season. We shall see if they stockpile DLine and LB's with a Corner mixed in, or if they go with Offense in the top 3.

On the O line we added all the players, plus the players McDermott drafted are still here and most likely wont be going anywhere, such as Dawkins, Ducasse, Teller and C. McDermott. Will they actually draft someone in the top 3, who will then have to force one of those guys out, who he just drafted. I doubt it.

The TE position is the only position that can realistically see in the top 3. and that is with pick 1 for Fant or Hockenson. If those 2 are gone, I cant see the Bills eyeing any of the other TE's with one of our first 3 picks, when you then look at our salary cap next year and see all the available TE's who will be available for us.
    Some decent points in this post actually.

I wouldn't be against DL + LB in the first 3 picks.
    I don't see a starting OL being drafted either so we agree on that too.
    I don't think they will draft any CB's and I don't think they'll spend a top 100 pick on a safety. I think in the late rounds we will see a depth/project safety drafted though.
    I can see TE too, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a WR either if they're the best player available.

I think my official prediction is as follows:
    9th - dl/pass rusher
    Trade up into the 20's - wr/te
    3rd lb
    4th - RB.

I think they they'll 100% be drafting a RB at some point in the draft.

Yeldon was brought in today. I am guessing that if they miss out on an RB in the draft, there is a handshake agreement to sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    Yeldon was brought in today. I am guessing that if they miss out on an RB in the draft, there is a handshake agreement to sign him.
    Or both.
    I wouldn't plan on going into the season with less than 4 RB.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast