Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 103 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    KP didnt give up money, no one would have extended him right away after that injury. Even PHI didn't do that with Embid.

Knicks did the right thing and KP was going to get his MAX at seasons end and we could pay him more than anyone else, he just decided he wanted out.
    I still don't get this 25 million dollar thing. What's the difference between getting a max extension at the beginning of the year and waiting until after FA signings to get an extension?

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    I still don't get this 25 million dollar thing. What's the difference between getting a max extension at the beginning of the year and waiting until after FA signings to get an extension?
    Me either, does the extension immediately cancel the current rookie deal contract and go into place immediately???

Think the Knicks can also buy a late first rounder in future drafts ? Or trade a second rounder with cash for a late first rounder to a team with cap inflexabality ?

cap space to sign a max FA, without getting his deal his cap was 17m vs 29m hence 12m more for the max guy

We are allowed to flip DJ in any kind of deal correct?

I’d look towards Brooklyn as a landing spot for him.

I’d do DJ and either Dotson/Vonleh

For

Demarre Carrol, Jared Dudley and one of either Brooklyn’s 2019 1st round pick or Denver’s 2019 1st round pick which Brooklyn own.

DJ would fit on that team like a glove and would make them significantly better this season. So much so that I think that team could make a little noise come playoff time for a couple rounds..

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    cap space to sign a max FA, without getting his deal his cap was 17m vs 29m hence 12m more for the max guy
    So, if he was resigned right away he could make 29 million a year. But if he waited, he could only make 17 million a year?

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    trading porzingis helped the knicks get rid of lee and hardaway contracts so the knicks could sign 2 max players...

anyone who thinks they rather have porzingis over durant or leonard is a idiot...
    What max player did we get?

We already had Porzingis who is only 23.

We're going to start rebuilding our team around a 31 year old Durant?

Y'all really getting excited over maxxing out a 31 year old?

You guys forgot how quick melo's game fell off in his 30s?

If we got kawhi that would be amazing, I have absolutely no reason to think that is happening.

So, if he was resigned right away he could make 29 million a year. But if he waited, he could only make 17 million a year?
    no he made 5.7m this year instead of 29m

The cap is calculated differently which equates to 17m for KP

Embid got paid but he gave the team insurance if he got hurt, KP wouldn't do that.

KP did give up 25m because he was entitled to his max deal this year.....injury or no injury he was the franchise player and he could have said pay me or trade me back then.

KP also would have gotten his money before next season so the injury is pretty much a non factor by description.

The bottom line is the player could have been 25m richer right now.
    the knicks were going to max KP, but the injury just meant he wasn't eligible for a super max. he wasnt leaving any money on the table if he signed his max this coming summer.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    the knicks were going to max KP, but the injury just meant he wasn't eligible for a super max. he wasnt leaving any money on the table if he signed his max this coming summer.
    what? Supermax?

He was entitled the same contract Towns got, and he stayed making just over 5m. Didn't you read what Fiz said he told KP when he took the trip? He explained why and the importance of the FA.

This isn't rocket science folks.......not going to argue this fact, it's all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    It's easy to see how knicks under mills regime have flip flopped first take paycut for us so we can add more talent then uh we are rebuilding through draft so sit out this year ok then going behind his back and trying to see what they can get for him? Now the steve perry combo is running a new story that kp wasn't with the plan so they decided to trade him.

Who can believe this regimes word phil gets replaced they talk about rebuilding then suddenly start winning under jeff instead of tanking so they flip flop to uh we want to make playoffs so our young players can get some experience then KP get injured they flip flop again to we are rebuilding then bring in a new coach talking about culture change yet there is no development no offensive identity our so called future PG is overshadowed by two of the worst efficient pg in knicks history.
    You are 100% correct but Knick fans only see it from their view. That being said I am over it. If they come up empty this summer we are in for a long rebuild. I prefer a long rebuild opposed to a maxed out Kemba and/or Tobias Harris. It should be Kyrie, Kawhi, AD, KD or rebuild

what? Supermax?

He was entitled the same contract Towns got, and he stayed making just over 5m. Didn't you read what Fiz said he told KP when he took the trip? He explained why and the importance of the FA.

This isn't rocket science folks.......not going to argue this fact, it's all over the place.
    It's kind of sad how the Knicks hoodwinked him by first saying they will use the money to add more talent then flip to outright tanking followed by talking to other teams about his value. KP probably feels stupid believing this bozos and learned a valuable lesson.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    You are 100% correct but Knick fans only see it from their view. That being said I am over it. If they come up empty this summer we are in for a long rebuild. I prefer a long rebuild opposed to a maxed out Kemba and/or Tobias Harris. It should be Kyrie, Kawhi, AD, KD or rebuild
    Everyone knows James Dolan and Mills can't stop themselves from wasting money.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Everyone knows James Dolan and Mills can't stop themselves from wasting money.

Just like when we signed Amare.
    Mike D literally told them don't sign, I don't want amare, and they signed him anyway to try to save face.

Despite the fact his back issues were well known.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeYourL View Post
    Just like when we signed Amare.
    Mike D literally told them don't sign, I don't want amare, and they signed him anyway to try to save face.

Despite the fact his back issues were well known.
    Yup they will sign someone mediocre then spin it by saying they wanted to start winning culture for their young players lol.

Page 5 of 103 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast