Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 122 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    trading porzingis helped the knicks get rid of lee and hardaway contracts so the knicks could sign 2 max players...

anyone who thinks they rather have porzingis over durant or leonard is a idiot...
    This. Also, regarding the risk of no top FA coming to NYC, if they canít get someone to come, then they are ****ed with or without KP.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Which FA is going to trust Knicks word who lied to there own franchise player into giving up 25mil last year then trade him this year this guys are not stupid.
    You think KP would have signed that deal with us last year? He had one foot out the door since the beginning

Which FA is going to trust Knicks word who lied to there own franchise player into giving up 25mil last year then trade him this year this guys are not stupid.
    Itís the Knicksí fault that Porzingis couldnít be patient and wait until the offseason to see what the Knicks could do to bring in some help before signing a $150M extension that he definitely doesnít deserve. Face it, KP and his brother strong-armed the Knicks and they decided to get rid of the diva, canít say that I blame them.

If KP would have made the team lock him up for money at the expense of the team he would have been no better the Me lo demanding a trade to N.Y. and not coming as a FA

Are the new guys playing tonight ?

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    You think KP would have signed that deal with us last year? He had one foot out the door since the beginning
    It's easy to see how knicks under mills regime have flip flopped first take paycut for us so we can add more talent then uh we are rebuilding through draft so sit out this year ok then going behind his back and trying to see what they can get for him? Now the steve perry combo is running a new story that kp wasn't with the plan so they decided to trade him.

Who can believe this regimes word phil gets replaced they talk about rebuilding then suddenly start winning under jeff instead of tanking so they flip flop to uh we want to make playoffs so our young players can get some experience then KP get injured they flip flop again to we are rebuilding then bring in a new coach talking about culture change yet there is no development no offensive identity our so called future PG is overshadowed by two of the worst efficient pg in knicks history.

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Itís the Knicksí fault that Porzingis couldnít be patient and wait until the offseason to see what the Knicks could do to bring in some help before signing a $150M extension that he definitely doesnít deserve. Face it, KP and his brother strong-armed the Knicks and they decided to get rid of the diva, canít say that I blame them.
    But KP already gave up 25 mil deal last year so knicks can use that advantage to sign another player this year where was the hardballing?

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    This. Also, regarding the risk of no top FA coming to NYC, if they canít get someone to come, then they are ****ed with or without KP.
    Well, it's still better having cap space and no KP then having no big free agents and a max KP. With our teams history he would have been in a nice suit on the bench for years, and no cap space. It's a clean slate now. Now if we could only get Riley back or a top executive to manage the cap and talent.

But KP already gave up 25 mil deal last year so knicks can use that advantage to sign another player this year where was the hardballing?
    KP didnt give up money, no one would have extended him right away after that injury. Even PHI didn't do that with Embid.

Knicks did the right thing and KP was going to get his MAX at seasons end and we could pay him more than anyone else, he just decided he wanted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    This is why I want AD here. Top 5 player and reasonably priced in comparison.
    To get AD we have to up players or draft picks. To get others it is only money. Which makes more sense to you ?

Embid got paid but he gave the team insurance if he got hurt, KP wouldn't do that.

KP did give up 25m because he was entitled to his max deal this year.....injury or no injury he was the franchise player and he could have said pay me or trade me back then.

KP also would have gotten his money before next season so the injury is pretty much a non factor by description.

The bottom line is the player could have been 25m richer right now.

Paul Pierce hates the Knicks wow

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    To get AD we have to up players or draft picks. To get others it is only money. Which makes more sense to you ?
    I think you missed his points, one is he is between 6 and 12mil cheaper than the 2019 FA

Two is wouldn't it be easier to attract a FA with a top 5 player here then trying to sign them because you have money?

I obviously have no information whatsoever, but it is just my thought that there is a wink somewhere between Perry and one of the agents for one of the FAs that his client would be willing to come here and try and get another one to join him herte.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Embid got paid but he gave the team insurance if he got hurt, KP wouldn't do that.

KP did give up 25m because he was entitled to his max deal this year.....injury or no injury he was the franchise player and he could have said pay me or trade me back then.

KP also would have gotten his money before next season so the injury is pretty much a non factor by description.

The bottom line is the player could have been 25m richer right now.
    He was perhaps eligible for a max, but not Entitled to it. A player who was often injured should have been more humble, you think ?. I mean did he take the team to the playoffs in the weak Eastern Conference even with Melo being a top scoring threat beside him ? Loved KP but it might be good he is gone.

Page 4 of 122 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast