Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 122 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1823
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I dont get how ppl can be so optimistic of this organization of being anything but disaster first they **** up their cap situation by signing contracts like noah and thjr then they alienate their best draft pick since ewing and yet ppl feel KD AD and Kyrie are coming here lol pass me some of that pot guys.
    I don't get why people are so happy over 2 first rnd picks that won't even be top 10.

    That's peanuts compared to losing zingis.

    It will cost us way more than that to replace him in the trade market.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    21,453
    Imagine if Knicks signed back melo to another super max i wouldn't be surprised lol.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,040
    Porzingis did not want to play for the Knicks. It's an extremely important point. Not sure why that keeps getting overlooked. I'm not saying he was wrong to want to bail but that's the reality. And for those of you complaining about two 1st rounders that may end up being towards the end of the draft- do you know how hard it is to pry a 1st rounder from teams these days? It's like gold. Use it as currency when you want to trade for a player.

    Does someone know the last time Knicks truly had room for two max contracts? It wasn't in 2010. I genuinely believe the Knicks have intel on at least one all star for them to make such a drastic move.

    BTW, important to remember that Lebron and Bosh chose Miami because Wade was already there, clearly they orchestrated something with Riley, and with the tax situation in Florida they actually broke even while taking pay cuts. There is no personal income tax in the state of Florida.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    11,261
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Cap is 109m

    AD=27
    Kd=39
    kyrie=33
    ghost=9.2
    Noah =6.4

    Only 6 mil off the course, damn Noah's contract........Pray the NBA had a great year and the cap reach's 115m and we are golden lol

    Now take KD's contract off and replace with Kawhi at 33m and we are dead on the spot.
    This is why I want AD here. Top 5 player and reasonably priced in comparison.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    11,261
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Two superfriends would come knowing they are both coming.
    Or both might say there's nothing there except a couple of young players let's go somewhere else.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,806
    i want DJ resigned on the cheap.

    Jordan
    Zion
    Knox
    Durant
    Kyrie

    Bench of DSjr, Trier, Dot, Mitch, Vonley

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    553
    Obviously the Knicks will buy out Wesley Matthews, DeAndre Jordan. The Clippers got the most out of Jordan. Right now, he is the second coming of Samuel Dalambert. We know how good he was as a Knick.

    This reminds me so much of "the Decision" in 2010 where the Knicks did their best to clear cap space and were passed on by every FA except Amare whom the Knicks outbid the Suns by NINE million per season.

    The Knicks are the only franchise to make me nervous about cap space.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,204
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeYourL View Post
    I don't get why people are so happy over 2 first rnd picks that won't even be top 10.

    That's peanuts compared to losing zingis.

    It will cost us way more than that to replace him in the trade market.
    trading porzingis helped the knicks get rid of lee and hardaway contracts so the knicks could sign 2 max players...


    anyone who thinks they rather have porzingis over durant or leonard is a idiot...

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    31,568
    In the end this is the best we can get for KP IMO and I'm for it because I didn't want to give him a super max next year. The one issue is, if KP doesn't even want to be here..... why would a superstar want to come here? Let alone two.

    Have a fear we are gonna strike out

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Obviously the Knicks will buy out Wesley Matthews, DeAndre Jordan. The Clippers got the most out of Jordan. Right now, he is the second coming of Samuel Dalambert. We know how good he was as a Knick.

    This reminds me so much of "the Decision" in 2010 where the Knicks did their best to clear cap space and were passed on by every FA except Amare whom the Knicks outbid the Suns by NINE million per season.

    The Knicks are the only franchise to make me nervous about cap space.
    Would getting Kyrie, Middleton, and Cousins be acceptable ? One top max and two other near max players if we can't get Durant. Or a free agent wing instead of Middleton if we draft Zion. If we don't draft Zion we draft a sg to pair with Kyrie. Then DDJjr is on the bench with Trier, Frank, Mitch and some veteran free agents and maybe Vonleh.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 02-01-2019 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Typo

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,930
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    In the end this is the best we can get for KP IMO and I'm for it because I didn't want to give him a super max next year. The one issue is, if KP doesn't even want to be here..... why would a superstar want to come here? Let alone two.

    Have a fear we are gonna strike out
    Still good to have cap space moving forward. At worst use it to absorb bad contracts for draft picks.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    31,568
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Would getting Kyrie, Middleton, and Cousins be acceptable ? One top max and two other near max players if we can't get Durant. Or a free agent wing instead of Middleton if we draft Zion. If we don't draft Zion we draft a sg to pair with Kyrie. Then DDJjr is on the bench with Trier, Frank, Mitch and some veteran free agents and maybe Vonleh.
    If we can get Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, or Butler as our one big star and strike out on getting the other then I'd be down for trading some of the assets we have to try and get AD then.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    31,568
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Still good to have cap space moving forward. At worst use it to absorb bad contracts for draft picks.
    See this would be the #2 situation if we end up screwing up in this free agency. But I also can't see the Knicks doing this. They are unbearably bad right now... Imagine they strike out and are now unbearably bad for 2-4 years after. That's what the Sixers had to do to get their stars... But the Sixers aren't the Knicks. Can the Knicks get away with that?

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    21,453
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Still good to have cap space moving forward. At worst use it to absorb bad contracts for draft picks.
    when did the knicks ever use cap space to make smart decision when???? Steve Mills is the freaking team president

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    21,453
    Which FA is going to trust Knicks word who lied to there own franchise player into giving up 25mil last year then trade him this year this guys are not stupid.

Page 3 of 122 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •